Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #5 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't jerice pregnant? When is the child due? Wasn't her last child she delivered taken from her at birth because it tested positive for drugs. So wouldn't jerice possibly skip going to the hospital to deliver if she knew this would happen again? Anybody know where she is or what she is up to?

I first saw she was pregnant again in the story below, published March 23rd of this year. Doesn't say how far along she is though.

I had not really thought of this before. Maybe she got pregnant right after she killed our Sweet Jhessye. October to March is 5 months, she would be showing by then. If that timeline is accurate, she would be due this month. I believe all life is precious, so the child she carries is as special to me as Jhessye. I just can't stand the incubator.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17243885/family-missing-jhessyes-mother-pregnant-again

One of those who spoke at the recent press conference (end of search at Butterfield Landfill), said they know where jerice is and refused to comment further. I believe she is somewhere in the local area (hiding out).

There has to be some psychological reason as to why, she keeps getting pregnant. I wish we had an expert here at WS who could explain this to me. It's not just to gain welfare benefits, there is more to it. Someone said the other day how many children she has given birth to, is this child the 8th or 9th?

I go back and forth between sheer laziness and something psychological being the cause of the seeming endless pregnancies for this woman.

This waiting is painful TL.
Will we just wake up one morning and read that jerice was arrested?

Wondering if she is really pregnant, and worrying about this new baby makes this whole thing worse, imo. I wish I had more faith in the Childrens Services Department in her case, but the way things have unfolded so far, leaves me very concerned.

It is awful. As soon as I arrive in the morning my first act, every day, is to log on here and FB and check for news of Jhessye found or Jerice charged and arrested.

All of the cases I follow affect me, get in my head so to speak, but Jhessye . . . this one has just hit me so much harder than the norm.

Maybe because I have been in communication through fFB with the family that truly cherished our butterfly, I don't know, but whatever the cause, this one is as personal as a case has ever gotten with me.

Painful is a good word for what this is alright.

There has to be some psychological reason as to why, she keeps getting pregnant. I wish we had an expert here at WS who could explain this to me. It's not just to gain welfare benefits, there is more to it. Someone said the other day how many children she has given birth to, is this child the 8th or 9th?

SBM

Back in the 1980s when I had a job administering emergency assistance for a private agency (not government), the increase of benefits per child was nowhere near enough to actually cover the costs of each additional child. Particularly once there were 4 children in the household.

Personally, I never met a woman who was having children in a calculated decision to increase her welfare benefits. As you noted above, there were always psychological factors in play that caused the mothers to make really poor family planning decisions.

Usually they had been neglected and/or abused when they were children themselves. They talked about how they had fantasised about having a "baby to love me" from very young (six or seven years old). They were emotionally needy and looked to men and babies to fulfil that neediness.

Sadly, babies are not just bottomless wells of love, they are also highly needy themselves. A lot of times, the mothers weren't emotionally equipped to deal with the reality of babies, just the romantic Kodak moment vision.

They had multiple partners because again, they had this romantic vision of a man who would love unconditionally but had no grasp on the day to day realities of adult relationships (where partners are sometimes needy or crabby too!). So they went through this cycle with every new partner where in the beginning, he could do no wrong and she treated him like he was the answer to her every prayer. But inevitably, he would start doing things wrong and once he did, she would feel incredibly betrayed and angry.

They didn't have the emotional tools to work out a good relationship with another adult human being. So they went from "you can do no wrong" to "get OUT of my life NOW" without anything in between.

The lucky ones had substance abuse problems as well; if they got into a good rehab program, they had a chance to learn how to deal with their emotions in adult, productive ways. But not every rehab program is good (there's a lot of snake oil salesmen in that field) and, of course, not every woman with a substance abuse problem was able to learn in that environment.

That's true of any learning situation, by the way. Some people do best one on one, others do best in small groups and a few excel at large group lectures (many colleges select for those who learn well in large group lectures). Many times, the women needed therapy at a way more basic level than most rehab programs start at.

I've said it before: I strongly suspect that once upon a time, Jerice was a starry eyed little girl who didn't get what she needed in order to grow up to be an emotionally stable adult. I doubt she was born a "bad seed" or whatever; her behaviour was shaped by her environment. Which failed her.

Wondering if she is really pregnant, and worrying about this new baby makes this whole thing worse, imo. I wish I had more faith in the Childrens Services Department in her case, but the way things have unfolded so far, leaves me very concerned.

Fairly certain she is Katy, as her own family confirmed the pregnancy.

I have faith in CPS, at least in this particular case, now. High profile and they already boffed it once with Jhessye. Remember, her real family called CPS several times to report suspected abuse of Jhessye. CPS states they found no abuse (Feb & Apr 2011). By the end of September, she was in a closet, dying.
icon9.gif

CPS is NOT going to give the monster another child to hurt or kill. She might try to abscond, but I'm pretty sure they are watching her.

It is awful. As soon as I arrive in the morning my first act, every day, is to log on here and FB and check for news of Jhessye found or Jerice charged and arrested.

All of the cases I follow affect me, get in my head so to speak, but Jhessye . . . this one has just hit me so much harder than the norm.

Maybe because I have been in communication through fFB with the family that truly cherished our butterfly, I don't know, but whatever the cause, this one is as personal as a case has ever gotten with me.

Painful is a good word for what this is alright.

I feel that way about Jhessye as well.

The last time I let myself become so affected was the Shaniya Davis case. It literally broke my heart, and I had to stay away for awhile.
I never meant to become so involved again, but Jhessye just pulled at my heart strings.

I love children, I have 3 of my own that I deeply cherish, and I just can't stand it sometimes when these parents don't appreciate and cannot understand the gifts they have been given when they have children.

Tycora and Lisa understood perfectly. God Bless them. Now they understand the tragedy and pain of having a murdered child in their family.

I have to believe that Jhessye will get justice. GPD wants it as much as we do....if not more. If there is anything positive to come out of this awful case, it is the dedication of GPD and the landfill volunteers so determined to do right by Jhessye. They may not have found her, but they showed us all that this child,any child, is worth all the risk, all the money,all the time and effort even in a tough economic climate. It was the right and decent thing to do in a civilized,compassionate society. I take comfort in that.

I hope and pray that this new baby is healthy despite everything. I hope that this precious child is placed in a home with loving,capable and happy parents and siblings.

I wonder how many more children like Jhessye, Shaniya and Carnel will have to suffer before people start to demand change instead of just talking about it. Which child will be the catalyst?

Fairly certain she is Katy, as her own family confirmed the pregnancy.

I have faith in CPS, at least in this particular case, now. High profile and they already boffed it once with Jhessye. Remember, her real family called CPS several times to report suspected abuse of Jhessye. CPS states they found no abuse (Feb & Apr 2011). By the end of September, she was in a closet, dying.
icon9.gif

CPS is NOT going to give the monster another child to hurt or kill. She might try to abscond, but I'm pretty sure they are watching her.

BBM....

This is what MUST change....the repeated chances given to an abusive and/or neglectful parent at the expense of defenseless children. There just has to be a better way. When are we going to implement some changes to better protect these little ones? At this point, parental rights are protected far more than the right every child deserves....to grow up in a safe and loving environment.

All I can say is...wow.

IKR? I am going to have to go back and reread that one a few more times. The lack of paragraphs left me somewhat dizzy and I don't want to miss a single line of those comments.

I didn't follow Jhessye's story very close (I was wrapped up in the Lisa Irwin case) but I pray for this beautiful girl every night. Her smile instantly stole my heart and I pray she is found very soon. <3

In my opinion, Jerice will deliver in a hospital. Babies of addicted moms have a lot of problems and are born addicted as well.

:bump: :bump: butterfly

I wonder when Jerice is due. Ideally I'd like to see GPD arrest her prior to the birth so she will be forced to deliver in custody and they can take the baby from her immediately. That way there would be no chance of her attempting a home birth.

Police continue Jhessye Shockley investigation

St. John contended that prosecuting Hunter on murder charges without Jhessye&#8217;s body would be difficult, but not impossible.

&#8220;With what we have now, am I confident that we would be able to bring someone to justice? My answer would be yes,&#8221; he said.

http://www.glendalestar.com/news/article_4d657dc6-d05f-11e1-b344-0019bb2963f4.html
Thank you Glendale Star for putting Jhessye's name out there
icon14.gif

We're all here together, waiting ...

From link:

Assistant Police Chief Rick St. John apologized to Jhessye’s relatives and family for not finding her.

“To the family, on behalf of all of us, we ask for your forgiveness,” he said. “None of us were prepared to sit in front of you today and say we did not find Jhessye.”

How wonderful it would be if all LE was this way! Of course, they absolutely had nothing to apologize for. It is clear that they gave it their all and then some. They still believe Jhessye is in that landfill, just not where they searched. Said there was no way they missed her in what they searched. Bless them!

Wonder how long they'll continue to search for evidence before they make the decision to file murder charges against Jerice? Can't be soon enough for me but I very much trust that this LE will get it done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni