Drew Peterson's Trial *SECOND WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
that her attorney (provided that he was reputable/competent) would keep a copy of her will. Perhaps I just didn't follow this piece of the story very well.....I was under the impression that Kathleen told her sister (anna?) who testified earlier this week to please put some important papers in the trunk of her car. I wasn't clear what the testimony of this sister (susan?) was about today.....I am not caught up. The only tidbit that I read was that Drew allegedly made a nasty remark to her that she wouldn't get anything in the will, but where discussion came about concerning hidden floor boards, etc. I don't know.....I am out of the loop today.
I felt much more positively the past couple of days than I do today though, but I still remain hopeful. The testimony of Stephen was confusing --the twists and turns of his whereabouts....the time elapsed between the night he spent with Kathleen and her subsequent death. I know that he is in the clear and am not implying otherwise--I just found the sequence of events to be confusing......I also think that his home being broken into was interesting.....but, I digress. :moo:

I know some probably do hide their wills but it's no good if your family can't find it. As I said attorney's do the wills and have the copies of the original in their office files. When someone dies if they are not immediately notified they usually catch the obits and contact the family from there. She really would have no reason to hide it so is this something that, again, DP slipped up on???? Kathy was a smart woman she would have done it legally, IMO. jmo

snipped from : Casimir Pulaski Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Casimir Pulaski Day is a holiday observed in Illinois on the first Monday of every March in memory of Casimir Pulaski (March 6, 1745[1] – October 11, 1779), a Revolutionary War cavalry officer born in Poland as Kazimierz Pułaski. He is known for his contributions to the U.S. military in the American Revolution by training its soldiers and cavalry.

The day is celebrated mainly in areas that have large Polish populations, such as Chicago. The focus of official commemorations of Casimir Pulaski Day in Chicago is at the Polish Museum of America where various city and state officials congregate to pay tribute to Chicago's Polish Community.

This is a separate holiday from the federal observance, General Pulaski Memorial Day, which commemorates Pulaski's death from wounds suffered at the Siege of Savannah on October 9, 1779.

I hope this helps ...

:seeya:

I'll add: Casimir Pulaski Day is a legal holiday for city and county offices, as well as schools in Illinois.

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/casimir-pulaski-day

In Session At the house, Drew was carrying a laundry basket. “He said that he needed to gather things for the boys . . . he went upstairs.” “Did there come a time when you saw the defendant near the tub in the master bathroom?” “Yes, I did . . . I was afraid to go into the bathroom, and he went ahead, and said he would take care of it. He was just wiping the blood.” “Did you discover a locked box in your sister’s house that day?’ “Yes, I found a metal container under my sister’s bed. Drew said if I wanted to open it he could open it. And he pulled out a key out of his pocket, and he opened it. And it was empty

BBM. Still catching up with todays trial posts.... but, omg- the above is creepy. Just bleeping creepy. Creepy in a way that Drew had inventoried the house and knew exactly where everything was at any given time, even though he no longer resided there.

Sick freak. If he walks, he'll spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder. Just sayin'.

In Session The sidebar ends. As the witness took a photograph of Kathy from the house, Steve Maniaci was there with her (as was Drew). Drew told her that he found a will “between the floor boards. “What did he say about your family?” “We wouldn’t get anything.” “Was your sister Anna present at that time?” “No.” “Did there come a time after the funeral where you drove to the defendant’s residence to see the children?” “Yes.” Objection. This leads to another sidebar.

OMG!! This is ridiculous! Imagine what the jurors must be thinking!

He found the will between the floor boards? :what: Makes me wonder how many times he broke into that home when Kathleen and the children weren't home.

Sehw! I'm not alone in my great big conspiracy theory! Could it be more transparent? Do the jurors :please: see this?!

:wagon: Hello and Welcome,

You are not alone with your theory and I agree, it is totally transparent ! JMO ... but something "stinks" with this judge AND the defense :banghead:

And this judge KNOWS that DP's 4th wife is still missing :banghead: yet he "caters" to the defense !

I hope the jurors see it ... I thought the Pinellas 12 would see through the defense's bull also and they didn't ...

:please::please::please:

If I was a juror, I'd probably be getting very frustrated! I'd also be wondering what it was that the defense team was trying to keep me from hearing.

:seeya: I hope they are wondering, too ... and also, I hope they are getting frustrated with all those unnecessary sidebars requested by the DT !

:innocent: And since they are not sequestered, I hope they just happened to stumble upon WS where they'll get some answers

:innocent: I know I would LOL !

:moo:

BBM. Still catching up with todays trial posts.... but, omg- the above is creepy. Just bleeping creepy. Creepy in a way that Drew had inventoried the house and knew exactly where everything was at any given time, even though he no longer resided there.

Sick freak. If he walks, he'll spend the rest of his life looking over his shoulder. Just sayin'.

BBM:

:seeya: And IF he walks, unfortunately, a lot of innocent people will be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the lives to make sure Drew P does NOT get to them ! JMO but he will go after everyone who testified against him IF he walks !

:banghead: JMO ... he is a serial killer and if he walks, he will kill again :banghead:

Sorry for the rant ... but this is one dangerous !

What don't they want the jury to hear about her purse???

I'm sure this has already been answered, but I thought it was possible the 100 dollars Drew took from Kathleens purse saying this belongs to the kids. Or said something like that...... now I don't recall off the top of my head if the jury heard that via previous testimony or not.

Well, I just read the entire day's testimony and WOW! A lot of good information got out to the jury today, in spite of the whining of the defense that thus-and-such testimony would portray DP as not-such-a-nice-fella!

I also agree that the number of objections by the defense which frequently necessitate side-bars and/or having the jury excused has to be getting to the jurors.

After all the pre-testimony bragging that they could prove where all the bruises came from went down with a big thud!

My heart goes out to her bf and her father who had to deal with such private and intimate moments in front of all. DESPICABLE!

BBM: I agree : it was absolutely DESPICABLE ! I, too, felt so bad for her bf and father who had to listen to this unnessary -- and I'm sure embarrasing -- testimony !

The judge's DOUBLE STANDARD is so obvious :

The judge allows unnecessary testimony that had aboslutely NOTHING to do with Kathleen's murder such as what her bf had to testify to today regarding their "personal life" ...

BUT -- yet the judge will NOT allow ANY testimony that is "damaging" to the defendant !

JMO ... but this judge has NO SYMPATHY for the VICTIM !

:banghead:

BBM:

:seeya: And IF he walks, unfortunately, a lot of innocent people will be looking over their shoulders for the rest of the lives to make sure Drew P does NOT get to them ! JMO but he will go after everyone who testified against him IF he walks !

:banghead: JMO ... he is a serial killer and if he walks, he will kill again :banghead:

Sorry for the rant ... but this is one dangerous !

I think the witnesses are all residents of Illinois. If DP walks, he really can no longer remain a resident of Illinois. His life in Illinois is over. If he walks IL LE would be looking for him to make a mistake and lock him back up. He knows that, so if he walks he'll move out of state.

In Session The jurors are now gone. Prosecutor Connor announces that he learned some new information this morning from the next witness, Susan Doman (“something that had never before been brought up”). “She indicated that her sister said Drew had asked her for the children on Monday, Casimir Pulaski Day, and she [Savio] had said no. I told her that she is not to discuss that . . . [but] I do not want any surprise from the defense.” Joe Lopez: “Well, I was taken by surprise. The surprise has worn off. We’d like to think about that over the lunch hour.”

In Session Prosecutor Kathy Patton then addresses the court about another upcoming witness Susan McCauley. “The Court didn’t want to go into the fact that she was having an affair with the defendant . . . because of the prejudice it would bring in.” Greenberg: “I won’t get into the affair . . . if they want to characterize them as ‘good friends’ . . .” Patton: “Then I’d like to get in to what he said about the divorce.” Judge: “I did not want there to be a situation where the defendant misled this witness about getting a divorce. Any questions you want to ask about that, they’re out.” Patton continues, says while Peterson was married to Savio, he said to McCauley that Kathleen was not going to get any of his pension. Greenberg: “We’re talking about 1997, these conversations . . . the relationship ended in 1998.” Patton continues, says that McCauley should be allowed to say that Peterson told her “he would never leave. He would never get a divorce, because he didn’t want Kathleen to get half of his pension. And in another statement, he said that Kathleen would never get his pension . . . it was the end of 1997, 1998 when he said these things.” There was also another conversation between McCauley and Peterson at a bowling alley, at which Peterson told her that Savio “was crazy.”
Yes, DP having an affair is too prejudicial, but we can talk about Kathleen's sex life, insinuate pills/drunk, affairs with 14 year olds etc..

WHAT A CROCK!!!!!! I'm so sick of the following saying..."too prejudicial" to the defendant, while the victim is trashed, and not here to defend themselves. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Didn't I read here today, something about the financial situation not being settled? I think the defense brought that up?? Why isn't the prosecution allowed to talk about it then? UGH!!!

Praying for some common sense from this judge on Tuesday, and justice for Kathleen!

OT. but wanted to let those following DP's trial, another 'long timer's' trial in Will County starts Monday, August 13.

Drew's trial will have some competition, at least from those of us locals who have been waiting 5+ years for the Vaughn family murder trial to start. Hope some of you following this trial might be interested in the Vaughn trial as well. And am hoping IS picks up some of the Vaughn Trial also.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50697"]Vaughn Family Found Dead in SUV - Husband charged thread #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I agree...............it was because his house was broken into.

Steve said he tried to call Kathleen 6 time that day. Obviously, the little argument they had on the phone Saturday night was over with and he was anxious to re-connect with Kathleen.

As I said in another post, I think it way too strange that Steve's house was broken into on the same day that his girlfriend's dead body would be discovered in her home later that night.

I wish the prosecution would have been able to probe this issue more. What led Steve to conclude that his house had been broken into? Was anything taken? If so, what items were taken? Did he make a police report of the incident?

I have to wonder if DP broke into Steve's house in order to get something to plant at Kathleen's in order to incriminate Steve. Sounds like something he would do.

I totally agree! To say Kathleen was sometimes feisty and then to make the comment that she was half Italian, is a very racist remark! I suppose the defense prefers to characterize everyone by their ethnicity! That's totally wrong!

I sure hope some of the jurors are of Italian descent and take offense at those remarks. These defense attorneys are as disrespectful and pompous as their dispicable client. :banghead:

I have to say, watching emotions getting churned up and all...everyone needs to prepare themselves for any outcome in this case. Those of you who followed and watched the OJ Simpson debacle know it's always a crapshoot. And yes, the Caylee case too.

There is no telling how a case will end up and what a jury will decide. Yes, one judge's rulings can be a huge factor.

It's important to remember this is not within our control. If DP walks away from this one, we have no idea what will be in his future. Did anyone believe Simpson would eventually go to state prison for 9 to 33 years? No.

Hope for the best, prepare for anything, and, if the judge in IL is upsetting, send letters to the court in protest!

In Session “Earlier, you were asked questions about carrying out a picture of your sister’s, and the defendant said something about a will?” “He said, ‘Ha ha, I found your sister’s will. Tell your sister, Anna, you’re not getting anything.” That ends the direct examination of this witness.

DP sounds like a five year old. He IS mean spirited. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck . . . :doh:

I feel like having a :slapfight: not only with DP but with the DT too.

2nd Week - Sidebar count:

Tuesday, August 7 - 11
Wednesday, August 8 - 13
Thursday, August 9 - Defense: 4 / Prosecutors: 2 = 6
Friday, August 10 - Defense: 16 / Prosecutors: 7 / Judge: 2 = 25

Total for Week 2: 55

I will go back and find 'who' asked for the sidebars on the previous week and the first 2 days of this week! I'll probably do that this weekend, as it's already 11pm and off to :eek:fftobed:

I loved it when ~nt~ does this... :waiting:

and :gthanks:

to those who are doing the updates for us!!

Tuesday, August 7 - 11
Wednesday, August 8 - 13

I will go back and find 'who' asked for the sidebars on the previous week and the first 2 days of this week! I'll probably do that this weekend, as it's already 11pm and off to :eek:fftobed:

Thank you very much! :yourock:

Now, who wants to count the Objections? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Tuesday, August 7 - 11
Wednesday, August 8 - 13

The prosecution is presenting their case, so the bulk of the objections will come from the defence. For now the prosecution will only be objecting on cross examination, so you would expect fewer from them. Once the defence prsents there case, the ratios will likely change in the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3