UK UK - Keith Bennett, 12, Longsight, Manchester, 16 June 1964

I imagine Ian Brady would be quite unhappy if Keith's remains were found, which is a second reason I fervently hope they are found and soon.

The family is, of course, the first reason. I've seen enough comments from victim's family's to know that not being able to lay them to rest as the family wishes is not a minor issue for them, but a deeply traumatic one.

I do see Inge's point. I wonder if a private foundation or group might be able to pay for the continued searches?

The family strongly believe that the State should pay for searches for Keith - the official website has a lot of new and up to date information about the cases and is managed by Keith's family: http://searchingforkeith.forumcircle.com/

I don't think there ever was any such letter. No way Brady would have even the slightest compassion for anyone. I'm looking forward to the documentary, though, and I'm so glad to hear Mr. Brady doesn't feel adequately appreciated at the hospital.

The thing is about HIndley, is that she claimed to have changed and was no longer a danger and saw the evil of what she had done. However she knew full well the victims (because the families are victims too) wanted her to stay in prison and would ahve been destroyed if she had been released. So why campaign to get out if she were a good person, if I suddenly realised I had done the most evil thing possible and all I could do for the victims was stay in prison, then I would stay there.

Hello Iam hoping someone can give me a quick rundown iam pretty new to this case and i just watched a movie Longford about this and went to youtube and google but cant quite get the exact things i need to know so if you could i woudl be greatfull for some of the awnsers to my questions ...

1. What and Where is the Moors is it a town a field ?
2.Is the so called code only that they say myira had her pic taken on the grave site is that the whole code. It's not like a letter kinda deal such as like the zodiac did or BTK.
3.Is Ian Brady dead as of today monday/April/29/2013/
4.Is there really a tape like brady says there is in the movie longford.
5.As of today have they found keith's grave site
6.Are thier any other cases of missing boys/girls even adults that they are guilty of.

Thats all I can think of feel free to elaborate and if anyone can awnser those thank you so much...It's a very interesting case .Oh the doc U. Does it have a name .Have any of you seen Longford if so what did u think is it a good acount of happenings at the time..

Hello Iam hoping someone can give me a quick rundown iam pretty new to this case and i just watched a movie Longford about this and went to youtube and google but cant quite get the exact things i need to know so if you could i woudl be greatfull for some of the awnsers to my questions ...

1. What and Where is the Moors is it a town a field ?
2.Is the so called code only that they say myira had her pic taken on the grave site is that the whole code. It's not like a letter kinda deal such as like the zodiac did or BTK.
3.Is Ian Brady dead as of today monday/April/29/2013/
4.Is there really a tape like brady says there is in the movie longford.
5.As of today have they found keith's grave site
6.Are thier any other cases of missing boys/girls even adults that they are guilty of.

Thats all I can think of feel free to elaborate and if anyone can awnser those thank you so much...It's a very interesting case .Oh the doc U. Does it have a name .Have any of you seen Longford if so what did u think is it a good acount of happenings at the time..
Saddleworth Moor (Wiki)

As of today Ian Brady still lives, and as of today Keith Bennett's grave site has not been found.

Haven't seen 'Longford' so I'm not familiar with what tape Brady refers to there. There is an audio tape of the torture of Lesley Ann Downey.

The best place to find answers to your questions is over at the official website
http://searchingforkeith.com/
There's a timeline of events there and lots of information.
Ian Brady will be having his hearing in June 2013 as he wishes to move from the psychiatric hospital Ashworth to a "normal" prison so he can refuse food and die. At the moment as he is a patient in a hospital he is tube fed.

Will this photo finally lead police to Keith Bennett's grave? Chilling image of killer
Brady 40 miles from where Moors Murders detectives have searched for 50 years
.(Daily Mail)
The body of Moors Murder victim Keith Bennett may have been buried nearly 40 miles from Saddleworth Moor, the focus of the search for his remains up to now, according to a forthcoming TV documentary.

The programme claims that photographs taken by Myra Hindley and Ian Brady as ‘grave markers’ during their killing spree show a Staffordshire beauty spot called Ramshaw Rocks.

Now experts are calling on police to search the site in case it is the 12-year-old’s final resting place.
---
more, with pics, at the link

Since the first child murders occurred when Britain was still utilizing the death penalty, how about making use of a grandfather clause?:jail:

Since the first child murders occurred when Britain was still utilizing the death penalty, how about making use of a grandfather clause?:jail:

What for? One of them is already dead and the other one wants to die.

'Nocturnal' Moors murderer Ian Brady, 75, 'seduced woman visitor as part of escape plot'.(Daily Mail)
Moors Murderer Ian Brady plotted to break out of his maximum security hospital with a female visitor, his mental health tribunal heard yesterday.

Brady gave the woman cash, clothes and a picture of himself as he seduced her in an effort to get out of Ashworth secure hospital in Merseyside.

His personal clinician told a panel of experts that it was 'clearly a preparation' for an escape, which ultimately failed.

The hearing was told the killer, 75, has also claimed to be in communication with a reincarnated Nazi and believed he could change the laws of physics.
---
more at the link

Ugh, he is such a horrible excuse for a human being. Its so tempting to say just remove his feeding tube and let him die. But OTOH, why should he get his own way?

The secrets of my friend the Moors murderer: For 25 years he has been visiting
Britain's most notorious killer, now Ian Brady's only confidant - and heir - reveals all

---
Dr Alan Keightley has promised that he will not publish until after Brady’s death, but the manuscript, he reveals, will claim that his killings went beyond the five innocent children murdered on Saddleworth Moor, and that with Hindley he killed nine people in all.

It will ‘answer’ the questions that have haunted his victims’ families and taunted police for more than half a century.

It will, he claims, pinpoint the spot where Keith Bennett is buried, and it will outline in graphic detail the role that Hindley played in the sexual acts inflicted upon their victims.

‘The book has all the secrets,’ explains Keightley. ‘It shows without a doubt that Myra Hindley was no bystander bullied into the killings by what she always claimed was Brady’s Svengali-like hold over her.’
---
the rest at the Daily Mail link

Just getting Google Alerts as tribunal ends....haven't clicked on these yet but the links are out there.

Three tabloids and the Beeb:

Ian Brady: How easy is it to fake mental illness?. (BBC News)

Release evil Ian Brady where he belongs....on the Moors. (The Sun)

IAN BRADY 'SHOULD BE FORCE FED PETROL'. (Daily Star)

Ian Brady has cost taxpayers £14MILLION since he was jailed nearly 60 years ago. (Daily Mail)

Am I understanding this correctly – Dr. Alan Keightley has known where Keith Bennett is buried but did not reveal this info to Winnie Johnson, Keith’s mother, before she passed? All so he can sell a book after Brady dies? Contemptible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back