MD MD - Clinton, BlkFem 13-35, UP2657, poss initials "C S", Sp Olymp t-shirt, Tweety Bird watch, Mar'00

I think that it would have taken at least two pretty strong guys to subdue this 6 Foot 3 Inch tall, 200 pound plus guy. I find it difficult to believe that he was actually strangled and killed with barbed wire. I am not disputing that barbed wire was found with him, but it just does not seem like a very efficient way to kill a large man. Having handled a lot of Barbed wire, I can say that it is very stiff, and you would get your hands all cut up trying to garrotte someone with it. Was there any blood from the killer found on the wire? Perhaps he was killed or subdued first with a blow to the head, and then the wire applied.

It sounds like a particularly gruesome death with a lot of hatred behind it - not necessarily sexual violence, but certainly a "hate" crime.

Could someone capable of such a murder also be so uncaring as to rape and murder a handicapped girl? I think so. Doesn't prove anything, of course, but I just have a gut feeling that the two murders are connected.

Once again, I agree with Richard, it would be very difficult to strangle someone with barbed wire, more likely the wire had been placed around the neck after the victim was subdued or dead. Also, depending on how tightly the strands were around the neck, and how many strands, the victim may have picked up the wire while floating around the lake for two months.

Richard said:
I think that it would have taken at least two pretty strong guys to subdue this 6 Foot 3 Inch tall, 200 pound plus guy. I find it difficult to believe that he was actually strangled and killed with barbed wire. I am not disputing that barbed wire was found with him, but it just does not seem like a very efficient way to kill a large man. Having handled a lot of Barbed wire, I can say that it is very stiff, and you would get your hands all cut up trying to garrotte someone with it. Was there any blood from the killer found on the wire? Perhaps he was killed or subdued first with a blow to the head, and then the wire applied.

It sounds like a particularly gruesome death with a lot of hatred behind it - not necessarily sexual violence, but certainly a "hate" crime.

Could someone capable of such a murder also be so uncaring as to rape and murder a handicapped girl? I think so. Doesn't prove anything, of course, but I just have a gut feeling that the two murders are connected.
I don't believe he was killed with the wire (blunt force trauma is cod), but he had been strangled with it...It was cut into his neck and had been jerked around if I recall what the detective said.

I have seen very little of the bodage world in pics but the only pics I have seen so far show the barbed wire as a sort of long strap arrangement usually tied to the "slave" either at the hands or neck. But those pics showed a wall to attach the strap to. This makes it seem, to my inexperienced eyes, like more than an outdoor quickie of some kind. So I am wondering how this barbed wire thing would have worked outdoors?

If tied to a tree wouldn't there be a tree marked up somewhere?

Richard said:
The 1995 Special Olympics, held in New Haven, CT had a large attendence of participants and spectators. There was still a website about them as recently as last year. The t-shirt that this girl was wearing might provide a significant clue, as well as the initials "C.S." found on an article of clothing.

The possibility that this girl may have been handicaped, either physically or mentally is aparent.

If a roster of participants or a list of special schools attending those '95 Games is still in existence, perhaps some new leads could be generated in this case.
I once found a website for the 1995 Special Olympics, but did not find any kind of participant list. I wonder where one might look for such a list? Any ideas?

If such a list were located, names with the initials C.S. could be checked out and maybe some information about this girl could be obtained.

The sponsoring committee for the competition (New Haven) would have records, as all participants get recognition.

I have worked with the Special Olympics in years past, and the organizers truly are wonderful people who, once told why you are seeking the information, will go out of their way to assist I'm sure.

Keys again! :rolleyes:

I noticed on the Safety Pin key ring that there were also 2 keys that appeared to be keys for a soda machine or laundry mat machine, etc... (just two examples). This immediately made me think two things...

1. He was mentally handicapped and someone gave him the keys to carry around for enjoyment (some handicapped people are just naturally fascinated by keys).
2. He was a drifter and looted machines to get money.

After reading the info about the barbed wire I am leaning toward the two cases not being connected.

Yaya said:

I noticed on the Safety Pin key ring that there were also 2 keys that appeared to be keys for a soda machine or laundry mat machine, etc... (just two examples).
Good catch! I didn't even notice that when I looked the first time. There appear to be two barrel keys, most likely for smaller vending machines or bill changers. Larger soda machine keys tend to have a slightly different shape.

Yaya said:

I noticed on the Safety Pin key ring that there were also 2 keys that appeared to be keys for a soda machine or laundry mat machine, etc... (just two examples). This immediately made me think two things...

1. He was mentally handicapped and someone gave him the keys to carry around for enjoyment (some handicapped people are just naturally fascinated by keys).
2. He was a drifter and looted machines to get money.

After reading the info about the barbed wire I am leaning toward the two cases not being connected.
I am not sure which keys you refer to, but the barrel type key on lower right is similar to one that I have for a bicycle lock similar to "the club" for cars.

There is a long key with a very thin blade. This looks like possibly a key used to pick locks, but I am not certain. I wish that the pictures of keys were a little more clear.

Here is another link to that case:

http://doenetwork.us/cases/74ummd.html

shadowangel said:
The sponsoring committee for the competition (New Haven) would have records, as all participants get recognition.

I have worked with the Special Olympics in years past, and the organizers truly are wonderful people who, once told why you are seeking the information, will go out of their way to assist I'm sure.
In the past, I tried to contact the Special Olympics committee and also the University in Connecticut where the 1995 games were held, but got no responses. I just sent an e-mail to the events coordinator for the 2006 games in New York, and asked for some assistance. Let's hope if he can't help, he will know who can.

I may still have a contact, I'll see what I can do.

Most vending machines, and novelty machines, use barrel keys very similar to the one on the ring. I have several of these of varying sizes for the various machines used in our family business.

Richard said:
In the past, I tried to contact the Special Olympics committee and also the University in Connecticut where the 1995 games were held, but got no responses. I just sent an e-mail to the events coordinator for the 2006 games in New York, and asked for some assistance. Let's hope if he can't help, he will know who can.
Never heard back from him or anyone else regarding this. Someone, somewhere must know who this girl is. Any ideas?

Richard said:
Never heard back from him or anyone else regarding this. Someone, somewhere must know who this girl is. Any ideas?
I know when she was first found, they strongly suspected she was a missing woman in the area. Perry was the girl's last name, but she was found elsewhere murdered by her boyfriend.

I have always wondered if she wasn't a victim of a pimp. I seem to recall a couple prostitutes were found dead in creek banks in that area.

I suspect, rather than being a gay-bashing crime, or something to that effect, that the Beltsville body was a dump job. The Route 1 corridor there in College Park/Beltsville is a pretty rough area. Could have been a mugging gone wrong, or drug related.

This month marks the seventh year since this girl was found. She has yet to be identified.

I have a question. Is the only indication that this Jane Doe was handicapped the shirt she was wearing and the fact that the Special Olympics was held nearby? It certainly could be the case.

BUT, maybe she volunteered at the event, or picked up the shirt some other way. Shirts from events turn up at Goodwill and Salvation Armys or donated clothes all the time. If she was homeless or at a shelter at some time, she could have gotten a donated shirt. I just wondered if she had any physical charcteristics that lead investigators to believe she was handicapped.

laini said:
I have a question. Is the only indication that this Jane Doe was handicapped the shirt she was wearing and the fact that the Special Olympics was held nearby? It certainly could be the case.

BUT, maybe she volunteered at the event, or picked up the shirt some other way. Shirts from events turn up at Goodwill and Salvation Armys or donated clothes all the time. If she was homeless or at a shelter at some time, she could have gotten a donated shirt. I just wondered if she had any physical charcteristics that lead investigators to believe she was handicapped.
You make very good observations concerning the shirt. You are absolutely correct to state that it could have come from a shelter or thrift shop. Or that she may have been a volunteer or family member of a participant in the games.

I do not know of any other indications or physical evidence which police may have on this case which would point to either physical or mental handicaps. I based my earlier remarks about that possibility solely on the fact that she was wearing the 1995 Special Olympics tee shirt.

Connecticut is not very close to Clinton, Maryland. It would be a long drive to get to those Olympic Games - but there were a lot of participants and their families from Maryland who attended them.

The answers are out there. Whether or not this girl was handicapped, someone might remember her wearing that shirt, and perhaps the initials C.S. will also prove a valuable clue.

Thanks, Richard.

I was thinking about this because I wondered if we should be looking for a missing person with disabilities, or should look at all missing women/girls. The initials in the collar does seem to point more towards someone with disabilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back