Burt's Bees

tired.old.hag

Reaction score
I have many more bath and body items than what are listed below -- I just needed to get started somewhere lol. I closed my store on eBay, and I'm selling off my remaining inventory.

The number in front of each item is the quantity I have left as of this post. These items make up great little gift bags -- or some treats for yourself :) Let me know if you need some gift bags -- I have an assortment of them, and I'm happy to put some in your package at no charge.

Also, if you're an eBay seller or other online retailer, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Please feel free to PM me or to email me at tired.old.hag@gmail.com

Thanks,

TOH

BURT'S BEES http://www.burtsbees.com

Full Sizes, $1.00 ea:

1 - Beeswax Lip Balm, Tube

1 - Lemon Lime Lip Gloss, 0.25 oz, Glass Jar w/Screw-on Lid

Travel Sizes, $0.75 ea:

4 - Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion, 1.0 oz Bottle w/Screw-on Lid

2 - Milk and Honey Body Lotion, 1.0 oz Bottle w/Screw-on Lid

3 - Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, 0.25 oz, Glass Jar w/Screw-on Lid

14 - Coconut Foot Creme, 0.56 oz Plastic Tube w/Screw-on Lid

1 - Res-q Ointment, 0.30 oz Green Tin

3 - Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme, 0.30 oz Yellow Tin

4 - Hand Salve, 0.30 oz, Silver & Yellow Tin

3 - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

3 - Garden Carrot Complexion Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

3 - Carrot Nutritive Day Creme, 0.25 oz Glass Jar w/Screw-on Lid

3 - Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

3 - Wild Lettuce Toner, 1.0 oz Bottle w/Screw-on Lid

1 - Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap, 0.80 oz Wrapped Bar

4 - Baby Bee Dusting Powder, 0.40 oz Recloseable Shaker

I also have the following. $0.25 ea:

Pore Refining Mask, Trial Size Foil Packets
Marshmallow Vanishing Creme, Trial Size Foil Packets
Blister Pack sample cards of one of the makeup products
Burt's Bees Hand Care Booklets
Burt's Bees Facial Care Booklets

Free with your purchase (while I still have them):

Baby Bee Yellow Bee Combs
Burt's Bees Gift Bags. I have 3 different sizes of the paper bags with handles, and a variety of the vinyl bags from very small to large.

Travel sizes reduced to two for a dollar!

Also these items are reduced to 10 cents each:

Pore Refining Mask, Trial Size Foil Packets
Marshmallow Vanishing Creme, Trial Size Foil Packets
Blister Pack sample cards of one of the makeup products

Also Pick one of these free with your package (while they last):
Burt's Bees Hand Care Booklets
Burt's Bees Facial Care Booklets

I love the Burt's Bees stuff. How much is postage to Canada? Thanks :)

Hi, Luann :) Postage to Canada depends on what all you get because of the weight and size, and whether I can your items in one of the Global Priority envelopes.

Do you want to send me a list of what you'd like, and I'll get the weight and cost?

Thanks!
TOH

Hi TOH,

I'd be interested in the lip balm. I LOVE that stuff! Can you tell me how many you have left? Also, how do I go about paying you? I don't buy from EBay.

Thanks,

Jules

Hi, Jules. I'm so sorry, but everything's gone. I got a bunch of PMs and emails yesterday, and everything sold out.

I used to swear by Burt's lip balm - used it for years. About a year ago though, I switched to EcoLips, which is all organic. You might want to give that a try too.

http://www.ecolips.com/Products.aspx

They're having a close-out on Berry lip balms right now. $5 for 5 lip balms, so it's a great time to try them. Also scroll all the way down and pick yourself up one of the lip balm tube clips -- the Eco Keyring is only $1 and works on all lip balms. Best invention ever lol. Plus if you send back the 5 tubes when they're empty, they'll send you a free tube. And they have free shipping on all orders right now.

This store has the best deal I've found on Burt's lip balm, also the other items I listed:

http://www.medi-spastore.com/burts_bees_492_ctg.htm

Beeswax Lip Balm (Tube) 0.15 oz. $1.95

Beeswax Lip Balm (Tin) 0.3 oz. $1.95

Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment 0.6 oz. $3.95

Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream 0.6 oz. $2.95

Raspberry Lip Gloss 0.25 oz. by Burts Bees $1.93

Plus, they have a coupon code right now (skin15) for 15% off. They always have Free Shipping on $25 or more, $2.50 shipping on less than $25. You can stock up on lip balms so you get the free shipping lol. They let you order up to 12 of an item at a time.

Hope this helps!

Luanne said:
I love the Burt's Bees stuff. How much is postage to Canada? Thanks :)
Luanne, I'm sorry. I didn't hear back from you, and everything sold out. If I come across any more Burt's as I go through the rest of these goodies, I'll be sure to let you know first.

Thanks!
TOH

tired.old.hag said:
Hi, Jules. I'm so sorry, but everything's gone. I got a bunch of PMs and emails yesterday, and everything sold out.

I used to swear by Burt's lip balm - used it for years. About a year ago though, I switched to EcoLips, which is all organic. You might want to give that a try too.

http://www.ecolips.com/Products.aspxQUOTE]

How is their lotions? I have really dry skin in the winter, i have never heard of them....thanks...duh, ecolips, right, they probably dont sell lotions...:doh:

I don't think they do lotions -- just the lip balm -- but I haven't checked their whole site in a while.

Once my current supply of lotions and potions runs out, I want to go organic completely and make my own stuff. It's my New Year resolution lol. My skin is so dry and painful, it's ridiculous to keep going through this. Organic will keep my skin from getting irritated, and I've promised myself to be religious about keeping my skin well protected.

I've used pure shea butter, and it's wonderful. But hard lol. Like wax. So I want to mix it with some other stuff - aloe vera, vitamin E, and some other oil but I haven't decided which one yet. Need to do more research to see which is the most emollient.

For those with dry skin. Have you ever tried oatmeal? Run a bath, throw in a couple of handfuls of instant oatmeal and soak. I then put on some oil after the bath, and have found it makes a really big difference in my skin.
Makes a mess of the tub though.

I bought her out of anything that had carrot in it.

I've been putting carrot oil on my feet, and on my eyelids. Also in my hair. This stuff is great, and very inexpensive!

tired.old.hag said:
I have many more bath and body items than what are listed below -- I just needed to get started somewhere lol. I closed my store on eBay, and I'm selling off my remaining inventory
I'm a little late here. Just saw this post. I thought you might like to know I got the idea for my name from Burt's Bees. I was originally beeswax, but sometimes people called me earwax, so I dropped the wax, hee hee.
I noticed you have nothing left. Darn

mysteriew said:
For those with dry skin. Have you ever tried oatmeal? Run a bath, throw in a couple of handfuls of instant oatmeal and soak. I then put on some oil after the bath, and have found it makes a really big difference in my skin.
Makes a mess of the tub though.
Yeah! I make my own colloidal oatmeal! Just stick it in my juicer and grind it so it;s superfine. When you throw it in the tub it becomes one with the water. Very little if any mess!

Oatmeal is wonderful. I have an herb grinder I put mine in, then toss a few handfuls in the tub. When my dry skin is really bad I mix my liquid soap (very very mild) with the oatmeal powder in a cup and wash with that.

Honey is great too. Put in bath water, rub it on your skin in the bath or shower, mix with a little warm water and rinse your hair with it (don't rinse it out). Plus you get to lick your fingers when you use it :)

There's really no need to buy any body care products except soap. And if you look at the 'natural' products, what are the ingredients? Stuff like oatmeal, honey, cornstarch, rice flour, etc. Just more expensive.

The only thing I was worried about was stuff going bad if I made everything myself, but my research is telling me that just about everything will last up to a week if you keep it refridgerated. So I'm hoping to buy organic ingredients in bulk by splitting it with others to cut the costs, and then just make up small batches for myself at a time as I need it.

Right now it looks like all the organic ingredients I'll need are

cornstarch, oatmeal, rosemary, rooibos, baking soda, Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, honey, epsom salts, shea butter, avocado butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil, tea tree oil, lemon oil

body powder: cornstarch, baking soda (sometimes)

soap and shampoo: Dr. Bronner's

body lotion/creme/butter: shea butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil

hair conditioner: honey, avocado butter (Once or twice a week for intensive conditioning), rosemary and rooibos (I have tons of these too. Gonna make 'hair tea' and use it as a rinse, with or without honey, for every day.)

foot soak: rooibos and whatever other herbs I feel inclined to throw in, epsom salts, tea tree oil

bath soak: oatmeal, rooibos and other herbs, plus whatever oil I get for my body cream

lip balm: the shea butter above

insect repellent: lemon oil

cuticles: shea butter and vitamin e oil above

nail polish: nothing - just gonna buff my nails with a chamois buffer

makeup: giving it up completely, except for occasionally my Prescriptives concealer which I'm addicted to lol. And curling my eyelashes - they've always been so long they hit my glasses if I don't curl them and that makes me crazy.

I will be so natural and pure, I just may spontaneously gain back my virginity
:angel:

tired.old.hag said:
Oatmeal is wonderful. I have an herb grinder I put mine in, then toss a few handfuls in the tub. When my dry skin is really bad I mix my liquid soap (very very mild) with the oatmeal powder in a cup and wash with that.

Honey is great too. Put in bath water, rub it on your skin in the bath or shower, mix with a little warm water and rinse your hair with it (don't rinse it out). Plus you get to lick your fingers when you use it :)

There's really no need to buy any body care products except soap. And if you look at the 'natural' products, what are the ingredients? Stuff like oatmeal, honey, cornstarch, rice flour, etc. Just more expensive.

The only thing I was worried about was stuff going bad if I made everything myself, but my research is telling me that just about everything will last up to a week if you keep it refridgerated. So I'm hoping to buy organic ingredients in bulk by splitting it with others to cut the costs, and then just make up small batches for myself at a time as I need it.

Right now it looks like all the organic ingredients I'll need are

cornstarch, oatmeal, rosemary, rooibos, baking soda, Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, honey, epsom salts, shea butter, avocado butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil, tea tree oil, lemon oil

body powder: cornstarch, baking soda (sometimes)

soap and shampoo: Dr. Bronner's

body lotion/creme/butter: shea butter, some kind of emollient oil, vitamin E oil

hair conditioner: honey, avocado butter (Once or twice a week for intensive conditioning), rosemary and rooibos (I have tons of these too. Gonna make 'hair tea' and use it as a rinse, with or without honey, for every day.)

foot soak: rooibos and whatever other herbs I feel inclined to throw in, epsom salts, tea tree oil

bath soak: oatmeal, rooibos and other herbs, plus whatever oil I get for my body cream

lip balm: the shea butter above

insect repellent: lemon oil

cuticles: shea butter and vitamin e oil above

nail polish: nothing - just gonna buff my nails with a chamois buffer

makeup: giving it up completely, except for occasionally my Prescriptives concealer which I'm addicted to lol. And curling my eyelashes - they've always been so long they hit my glasses if I don't curl them and that makes me crazy.

I will be so natural and pure, I just may spontaneously gain back my virginity
:angel:
LOl virginity!

You gotta try Almond Oil! It's awesome for everything, it's super light not heavy like other oils and doesn't clog pores. Works great on hair too as a leave in conditioner and shiner!

Anyone ever try beer as a hair conditioner? Use as a rinse after a shampoo, and it leaves hair soft and shiny. I use it about once a month.

And a good masque is beaten eggs. Leave it on til it dries and then wash off.
If you have problems with acne, mix some salt in just enough warm water to disolve it. Apply to face with a cotton ball. Leaves skin suprisingly soft and brings the blemishes to a head quickly and dries them up.

Linda7NJ said:
LOl virginity!
Hey now! It could happen... ;)

Linda7NJ said:
You gotta try Almond Oil! It's awesome for everything, it's super light not heavy like other oils and doesn't clog pores. Works great on hair too as a leave in conditioner and shiner!
I love almond oil. Sesame oil too. Oh heck, I'll just use a different one each time :)

mysteriew said:
Anyone ever try beer as a hair conditioner? Use as a rinse after a shampoo, and it leaves hair soft and shiny. I use it about once a month.

And a good masque is beaten eggs. Leave it on til it dries and then wash off.
If you have problems with acne, mix some salt in just enough warm water to disolve it. Apply to face with a cotton ball. Leaves skin suprisingly soft and brings the blemishes to a head quickly and dries them up.

Yep I've used beer on my hair. And vinegar. Mayonaise too. I really like my rooibos and rosemary tea mixed with honey hair rinse.

I haven't tried eggs as a masque -- I will try that with some organic eggs.

Honey is a nice masque too. I keep talking about that honey lol. I really love it. honey.com has bunches of home spa recipes for honey. For food too. Yummmmmmm :)

Tea tree oil is supposed to be good for acne to just dab on blemishes.

There are so many natural and healthy foods you can use. Cheap and much better for you than stuff filled with chemicals.

This is a fun discussion :)

LOL, it's a chemical but hemmoroid ointment is supposed to be good for bags under your eyes. I haven't tried it though.
Another one that I have tried is witch hazel. Good as an astringent, leaves skin soft and smooth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back