GUILTY PA - Barbara Rowan, 14, raped & murdered, Trevose, 3 Aug 1984

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc.../25-years-later-painful-questions-remain.html

(no date on publication of article that I could find)

25 years later, painful questions remain

...Barbara's body was found 25 years ago this Sunday. Her murder is unsolved.

In 1984, detectives believed they had tracked down the killer, sources close to the investigation said. He was a neighbor - a man whose own daughter played with Barbara, those sources said.

But the evidence fell short. The next year, that man was charged with raping a woman but convicted of lesser charges...

Much more at link. Rest in peace Barbara.

Richard - you are the bomb!

I found an update article in the Bucks County Courier Times DATED 8/16/09 regarding Barbara Rowan - no new clues, just a redo...here are the reporters listed on the story...

bfinley@phillyburbs.com (215)949-4203
gmatter@pilyburbs.com (215) 949-4165

Here are some facts - -

1 - Upper Darby is no where near Bensalem, PA.
2 - Could the Mudman be related to the Tinicum Marsh Murders?
3 - Could the Tinicum Marsh Murders be related to Beth Doe?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/169ufpa.html
4. All of these old links are no good - the Doe Netwoek Link is ".org", not ". us".

Thanks Everyone!

meryl,

Patty Bartlett, stabbed to death at Oxford Valley Mall, Lower Makefield, PA 1975

Unknown, Route 13 motel stabbing murder, Bristol Twp., Pa - "years later" - When? Can you identify this crime?

Why the connection? Give me some info.

I am looking for a link to Beth Doe - 169UFPA

Thanks, Staceyk

Richard - you are the bomb!

I found an update article in the Bucks County Courier Times DATED 8/16/09 regarding Barbara Rowan - no new clues, just a redo...here are the reporters listed on the story...

bfinley@phillyburbs.com (215)949-4203
gmatter@pilyburbs.com (215) 949-4165

Here are some facts - -

1 - Upper Darby is no where near Bensalem, PA.
2 - Could the Mudman be related to the Tinicum Marsh Murders?
3 - Could the Tinicum Marsh Murders be related to Beth Doe?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/169ufpa.html
4. All of these old links are no good - the Doe Netwoek Link is ".org", not ". us".

Thanks Everyone!

Regarding #3, I wondered that myself since mudmad had ties to carbon county killing his girlfriend in Jim Thorpe. There is a lot written about him but in google searches you find most of it has to do with the killing of a cop and also his own death by another inmate, I did see one article where in 1975 he was in prison and requesting work release to either Luzerne County or Carbon County, but he was denied. I think at that time he was in prison for robbery. What I can't find is his criminal history in the form of a time line to see if he was possibly out of prison in 1976, he was arrested in 1982 for the murder of his girlfriend I think he was in prison at the time they arrested him for that but I just can't find out where he was in 1976.

Found another article on mudman, on articles.mcall.com, May 08, 1995, it says that Simon was continuously imprisoned since 1977, so its possible he was roaming around in Dec of 1976.

Ok looks like Simon was sentenced in February of 1976 to 5 to 10 years, so I guess I can rule him out for Beth Doe.

More unsolved PA murders:

Delores Dellapenna 17
From Philadelphia PA, Wildwood
Disappeared July 11th 1972 while walking to a trolley stop. Torso found July 22nd in Jackson Township N.J and legs found on July 29th in Manchester N.Jin wooded area.

Shaun Ritterson 20
worked at Bristol Simon and Schuster book warehouse
Found nude, stabbed and disemboweled on June 12 1978 on a remote Buckingham mountain.

In the case of Shaun Ritterson they did a long article in our paper last year. They believe her Uncle Harry murdered her.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc...cle_f3f0c841-3d48-591d-9e56-b75c77cd4326.html

In the case of Delores I do not believe she is connected to any of these other murders. RIP Delores.

In the case of Shaun Ritterson they did a long article in our paper last year. They believe her Uncle Harry murdered her.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loc...cle_f3f0c841-3d48-591d-9e56-b75c77cd4326.html

One of the reporters who wrote that story posted a week or so ago in the Shaun Ritterson thread that they were not able to get any usable DNA from the crime scene evidence, so the case will likely remain unsolved. The uncle who was the main suspect died earlier this year.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/...cle_e4e6fb54-69ea-57c8-b282-9921ff52494c.html

It amazes me how many horrible murders there have been in bucks county.

There are quite a few girls missing from Pennsylvania under suspicious circumstances. Here is one from the same town as Barbara Rowan, same age, missing only a year earlier. I wonder if there is a connection between this case and some of the others?

----------------------------------
TRACY ANN BYRD
DOB: Jul 7, 1968
Missing: Mar 7, 1983
Age at time: 14
Age Now: 36
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'0" (152 cm)
Weight: 95 lbs (43 kg)
Missing From: BENSALEM TOWNSHIP, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Child was last seen by a family friend who dropped her off at school. She did not attend classes that day. Child has pierced ears and her hair is strawberry blonde. Partial dental records are available.

Bensalem Township Police Department (Pennsylvania) - Missing Persons Unit 1-215-639-3700

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Rowan & Byrd cases may definitely be related. Both the same age when they vanished,about a year apart, both in the same area. I live about 35 minutes from the area, and the town is relatively small. The issue, is within 5 minutes, you can be on a bridge to NJ, or headed towards a bigger city like Philadelphia,but their town itself is pretty small.

Delores Dellapenna 17
Disappeared July 11th 1972 while walking to a trolley stop. Torso found July 22nd in Jackson Township N.J and legs found on July 29th in Manchester N.Jin wooded area.

Valerie Seibert 16
From Philadelphia PA
Found on March 4th 1975 on a Wrightstown farm shot and killed.

Patty Bartlett 17
From Lower Makefield
Stabbed to death on January 13th 1975 at Oxford Valley Mall.

Shaun Ritterson 20
Found nude, stabbed and disemboweled on June 12 1978 on a remote Buckingham mountain.

Earseline Jones 20
worked also at Bristol Simon and Schuster book warehouse
Found mutilated and stabbed on the Penn Warner Club grounds in Falls Township PA on August 27 1978

Dellapena case- Philadelphia/Wildwood, you mentioned "legs found in Manchester", Manchester, not really all that close to Wildwood. Jackson,not all that far from Manchester. Here's my take- Perp drove her /her body from Philly to Manchester(very possibly drove by my house),dumped herlegs first in Manchester,likely driving via route 70,then took route 70 to Rt 537 or 539. If I wanted to drive to Jackson, I would leave my house, drive down 70, to manchester, then out to 539/537, and out to Jackson, where 6Flags Great Adventure is. I feel the perp likely drove this route. Manchester is heavily wooded on both side of route 70 in the pine barrens,the whole body could have been disposed of there,I dont see the need to dispose of only part there,and the rest in Jackson. Jackson is also heavily wooded in some parts, but also has some farms & farm lands too. It has been heavily developed in more recent years. Manchester is an area you drive thru to get somewhere else, not really a destination.

Delores Dellapenna 17

Valerie Seibert 16
From Philadelphia PA
Found on March 4th 1975 on a Wrightstown farm shot and killed.

Patty Bartlett 17
From Lower Makefield
Stabbed to death on January 13th 1975 at Oxford Valley Mall.

Shaun Ritterson 20

Earseline Jones 20
worked also at Bristol Simon and Schuster book warehouse
Found mutilated and stabbed on the Penn Warner Club grounds in Falls Township PA on August 27 1978

Seibert case-It mentions 'Wrightstown'. I dont know of any Wrightstown in PA, but there is one in NJ about 45 minutes from Philadelphia. It's a town sorrounded by Fort Dix Army & McGuire Air Force bases. I Lived there for about 10 years in the 1980's. It's a small town, in the 1980's it was a strip town filled with hotels, gas stations, bars, and fast food places. There are some rural parts of it with farms & woods too. Does anybody know for sure if this town in NJ was the town where Seibert's Body was found, or is there a town by the same name in PA?

Any of these southern NJ/PA border cases I am glad to help with,I have lived in South Jersey my entire life,and am very familiar with the area. If anybody has any questions about the area,layout,towns, history,etc, let me know

Seibert case-It mentions 'Wrightstown'. I dont know of any Wrightstown in PA, but there is one in NJ about 45 minutes from Philadelphia. It's a town sorrounded by Fort Dix Army & McGuire Air Force bases. I Lived there for about 10 years in the 1980's. It's a small town, in the 1980's it was a strip town filled with hotels, gas stations, bars, and fast food places. There are some rural parts of it with farms & woods too. Does anybody know for sure if this town in NJ was the town where Seibert's Body was found, or is there a town by the same name in PA?

There is a Wrightstown in Bucks County, not far from Buckingham where Shaun Ritterson was found. Wrightstown is, even today, not densely populated, so I assume it was even more rural in 1975. It is, however, near the intersection of two roads -- Rtes 413 and 232 -- that are major cross-county routes.

There is a Wrightstown in Bucks County, not far from Buckingham where Shaun Ritterson was found. Wrightstown is, even today, not densely populated, so I assume it was even more rural in 1975. It is, however, near the intersection of two roads -- Rtes 413 and 232 -- that are major cross-county routes.

Thanks for that,and now that you mention it, I do recall from years back somebody pointing that out.

Crazy case. I don't think this is connected with shelly luty.

Now I'm wondering if this Alex Mengel could be responsible for this murder. He lived in New York, and is a suspect in the abduction and murder of 12-year-old Antonella Mattina in Flushing, Queens in July 1984. However, when he was killed in 1985 while trying to escape after his arrest for murdering a police officer, a map was found with areas circled in Harrisburg, PA, along with photos of teenaged girls. He fits the description, caucasian, dark hair, mustache, 29-30.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=3oNGAAAAIBAJ&sjid=zzENAAAAIBAJ&pg=5120,432003

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?271922-NY-Alex-Mengel&p=11512668#post11512668

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...4-body-found-Dec-1987&p=11512641#post11512641

I live in the Philadelphia area this is the first Ive ever head of this particular case (we get so many) is there anywhere I can review the facts of the case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back