Match! NY - Caledonia, WhtFem 1UFNY, 13-19, Turquoise Necklace, Nov'79 *Tammy Alexander*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just killing a little time and ran a simple search and found these results:
One of them is info you already have but at an updated address.

One Networker suggests Deborah Ann Quimby (case # 274DFMA) as a possible Cali. But she doesn’t seem to have quite the distinctive nose of the Doe, and teeth are off, somehow. Same goes for Sandra Kaye Butler (951DFNV). However, Angela Mae Meeker (1351DFWA) strikes many as a more plausible match. Missing since 1979 from Tacoma, Washington, the dates seem to line up right. The nose looks a lot more like Cali's. The height and weight are only off by a bit. And while the hair color's wrong – Meeker is listed as blonde – it’s a fairly dark shade, and could have been confused with Cali frosted 'do. So the Network's liaison to the authorities in New York, sends the information to the state police.
http://www.defensetech.org/archives/001051.html
More description of what was worn
Note:this page has moved from its old address.
It also lists a link to crime scene photos and other links
similar stones from the "Fire Mountain Gems" catalog.
http://www.nymissing.com/modules/cali/index.php?id=2
"This is a really bad picture of a pair of necklaces that I own... The heart has the writing on it... "He who holds the Key can open my heart" and the key is for the guy... I want to send it to my love, my Aaron... but I dunno if he'd think it's too girly... *shrugs* I'll probably send him a link to this entry when I get a chance to talk to him again..."

http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/desireless_fae/

Thanks for the links, Doc. Do you know the date of the first one? When I spoke with the case officer, he did not mention Angela Mae Meeker or any other possible matches being currently investigated. Perhaps she was ruled out some time ago.

The author of the second link presents a very imaginative and colorful scenario about "Cali" possibly being an international traveler and a player in the drug trade. While just about anything is possible at this point, I just do not get that impression of this young girl. She seems to me to be much younger, like between 14 and 18 years of age. I base that on her images, her clothing, and choice of jewlry. If she was from a foreign country, her language and culture skills would not have lent themselves to being a major player in the drug trade.

She was most likely traveling the country, happy to be free and oblivious to danger. I feel that the person(s) who killed her simply did so because that is what they do/did - not because of anything that "Cali" knew or because she did or didn't do something. There was a very similar case in New Jersey (menitoned in another post above) where a young girl/woman was shot in the head and left in a rural area.

When I spoke with the detective in Livingston County, NY earlier this month, he told me that they were still attempting to get information from the Mexican government on Monica Gonzales Castillo to compare with "Cali", but that it was taking them some time to obtain that information.

i went back to the cali link and checked out the heart charm. and looked the picture over. i noticed that it is similar to one found on fire mountain gems. the one that fire mountain has is sterling silver and retails for i belive 40$. The one cali had looked to be something you would find in a truck stop or gas station. just by looking at the details such as the clasp it had which is on the cheeper end of clasps if that charm was sterling, or real gold the clasp would have been much nicer. also that clasp can be found in ordinary craft stores

Richard said:
Thanks for the links, Doc. Do you know the date of the first one? When I spoke with the case officer, he did not mention Angela Mae Meeker or any other possible matches being currently investigated. Perhaps she was ruled out some time ago. . .
I don't know for sure. The copyright notice at page bottom reads 2005 but that does not necessarily date the case info to that year.

Richard said:
. . .The author of the second link presents a very imaginative and colorful scenario about "Cali" possibly being an international traveler and a player in the drug trade. While just about anything is possible at this point, I just do not get that impression of this young girl. She seems to me to be much younger, like between 14 and 18 years of age. I base that on her images, her clothing, and choice of jewlry. If she was from a foreign country, her language and culture skills would not have lent themselves to being a major player in the drug trade. . .
You have a point and if she were a big dealers "girl" then I would think her death had more to do with the fact that it was sugar and not something more as it should have been.

Richard said:
. . .She was most likely traveling the country, happy to be free and oblivious to danger. I feel that the person(s) who killed her simply did so because that is what they do/did - not because of anything that "Cali" knew or because she did or didn't do something. There was a very similar case in New Jersey (menitoned in another post above) where a young girl/woman was shot in the head and left in a rural area.

When I spoke with the detective in Livingston County, NY earlier this month, he told me that they were still attempting to get information from the Mexican government on Monica Gonzales Castillo to compare with "Cali", but that it was taking them some time to obtain that information.
I am still mulling this one over in my mind but what you have said so far is not unreasonable. Keep up the good work. There are a couple of things sort of nibbling around the edges of my thoughts. Maybe in time I will make sense of them.

I know this may have already been brought up, but what about Paulette Susan Jaster?

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/108dfmi.html

She was missing since May 1979
She was 5'4; 115 pounds
She had brown hair/hazel eyes
She liked unusual jewelry

"Cali" was found in Nov. 1979
"Cali" had brown hair
"Cali" was 5'3/120 pounds
"Cali" had an unusual necklace

There are two big differences -- "Cali's" age was approximately 13-19 and Paulette was 25. Also, there was a reported sighting of Paulette in early 1980; however, I can't find any definitive information on that sighting. Maybe it was a mistake.

I think Paulette looks a lot like her also but the panel takes a lot of time to make a decision, they look at every single detail and they're very thorough. I respect their decisions, even though sometimes I don't agree with them (everyone has a right to their own opinion).

I'm sorry; I don't understand. What panel? Is this similarity something that's being investigated right now?

Mr. E said:
I'm sorry; I don't understand. What panel? Is this similarity something that's being investigated right now?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that Paradise is referring to the Doenetwork organization. When a match is proposed to them, they farm it out to a "panel" for comments and recommendations, before contacting the law enforcement agencies involved with the cases.

Here is a site which contains an actual photo of "Cali", as well as her fingerprint data.

U-0247
Description: White female, 13 to 19, 5'3'', aprx 115 lbs, brown, curly shoulder length hair with blonde streaks of frosting and brown eyes. Fairly well tanned with bikini swimwear markings. Blood type ''A'' positive.
Discovered 11/09/79 adjacent to NY Route 20 in Caledonia, Livingston County, 1/2 mile south west of Route 5. Wore tan corduroy jeans, multi-colored plaid cotton/polyester shirt, blue knee socks, brown ripple sole shoes. Red nylon lined wind breaker type jacket with label ''Auto Sports Products Inc.'' on inside collar. Indian style bracelet, single strand of silver beads with three turquoise stones, one resembling a bird, inexpensive double chain, one strand bearing slotted heart with inscription , ''He who holds the key can open my heart'', the other with small key fitting slot in heart. UR and UL molars badly decayed, no dental care on either.

Cause of death: .38 caliber gunshot wounds, one above right eye, other in back. Bullets recovered.

Fingerprints:
20 L 5 U 4
I 1 T _ T

Contact: Livingston County Sheriff's Dept. 4 Court Street Geneseo NY 14454 Tel: (716) 243-7120

Source Information:
ID-Wanted.org - U-0247

Link:
http://www.id-wanted.org/description.asp?caseNum=U-0247

She looks caucasian to me in all of the autopsy/crime scene photographs.

Any information about the possible matches mentioned earlier?

Kelly

azure said:
She looks caucasian to me in all of the autopsy/crime scene photographs.
Any information about the possible matches mentioned earlier?
Kelly
I have not heard back from the officer in charge of the investigation. I know that he had been working with the FBI Office in Mexico and they were attempting to get some more information and records on a missing girl from down there, but that they were having a difficult time obtaining records.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Cali may have been slightly developmentally challenged? If the reconstruction of her is accurate, it should be brought up. She would, of course, have been very high functioning, but perhaps this is why no one seems to have looked for her?

Richard said:
She was most likely traveling the country, happy to be free and oblivious to danger. I feel that the person(s) who killed her simply did so because that is what they do/did - not because of anything that "Cali" knew or because she did or didn't do something. There was a very similar case in New Jersey (menitoned in another post above) where a young girl/woman was shot in the head and left in a rural area.

iconoclast said:
Has anyone considered the possibility that Cali may have been slightly developmentally challenged? If the reconstruction of her is accurate, it should be brought up. She would, of course, have been very high functioning, but perhaps this is why no one seems to have looked for her?

On the thread for the missing couple found in S. Carolina, Aug. 1976, a poster noted some similarities between that case and this one. It is worth a look. Gunshot wounds, close to interstate highways, eastern U.S.

And here I am copying the description of the female victim's jewelry, which brings to mind the jewelry in this case: Three Silver rings that resembled American Indian or Mexican handmade jewelry. One piece was a faceted band with red, white and blue stones. Another ring had a oblong black stone. The third was a large, intricate feather scroll band with a jade insert into the curves of the scroll.

Also, the male in S.C. was wearing a t-shirt with a logo thought to be linked to the 1975 Sebring races in Florida, so there is, at least through clothing, a link to auto racing.

pittsburghgirl said:
On the thread for the missing couple found in S. Carolina, Aug. 1976, a poster noted some similarities between that case and this one. It is worth a look. Gunshot wounds, close to interstate highways, eastern U.S.

And here I am copying the description of the female victim's jewelry, which brings to mind the jewelry in this case: Three Silver rings that resembled American Indian or Mexican handmade jewelry. One piece was a faceted band with red, white and blue stones. Another ring had a oblong black stone. The third was a large, intricate feather scroll band with a jade insert into the curves of the scroll.

Also, the male in S.C. was wearing a t-shirt with a logo thought to be linked to the 1975 Sebring races in Florida, so there is, at least through clothing, a link to auto racing.
These are interesting details which might possibly link the two cases.

There is another case, which I posted earlier, about an unknown girl found in New Jersey in April 1979. She was wearing a silver necklace, was shot in the head, and was left near a major roadway.

Here is a Link:
http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_middlesex_u640498165.html

Could this be the girl who died in that cornfield?

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860219100362

She went missing a little over a month before Cali was found. She had been in California and Texas where she could have acquired the jewelry and tan lines. Admittedly her nose is different, but would an injury while on the road account for the unusual shape of her face?

Some new info on Cali's case on the Doe Network site today -

A new tool in the investigation that's helped find some new leads. Working with the Monroe County Medical Examiner, pollen samples taken from the victim's clothing were sent to a lab in Texas. Testing determined the pollen could have come from just four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico.
In 2005 exhumed the grave, sending some of the victims teeth to be tested. There's hope that could identify minerals found in drinking water, which in turn could further help narrow down where the victim may have been from.

There is also info about Lucas and Toole confessing to the case, as well as speculation regarding Wilder's involvement that I don't remember seeing posted there before. It's good to know it's still an active case!

now that we have this little info to go on we need to focus on all listed missing girls from that time frame in those states.

ok i am listing all females that went missing in az around the time jane doe was found in ny some of them might not have any potential matches but someone might recognize one of the missing as a nother potential jane doe http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/932dfaz.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/94dfaz.html

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/95dfaz.html

now mexico

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/2072dfmx.html very very long shot

=i checked out new mexico on doe but the earliest listing for a missing female is april of 86

annemc2 said:
... Testing determined the pollen could have come from just four places: Arizona, California, South Florida, or Mexico....
This evidence seems consistant with the SouthWest type of Indian jewelry that she was wearing. I still have a strong feeling that she may be Monica Gonzalez Castillo, missing from Mexico in 1979 (see earlier posts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd