Oddities

mollymalone said:
Wouldn't it have been as hard for him to have crawled given the condition of his breathing at that point?

There was testimony that he could have moved and also vocalised for a number minutes after the attack. It's the testimony that supporters use to back up the claim that he could calmly stand next to her on the couch, wake her up and talk to her and the follow her to the kitchen entrance. Of course that does present the wee problem of why the intruder who Darlie has repeatedly put IN the same room at the time Damon spoke to her simply continued walking out of the house knowingly leaving two victims alive.

I think he probably did crawl/walk to where he was found after he was stabbed once and then she attacked him again (possibly after she had come back in from outside). It just occured to me that perhaps he woke up as she was stabbing Devon and tried to make a run for it and only got that far before she caught him - but there may be significant blood evidence against that which I have forgotten (Cam??).

Dani

Dani_T said:
There was testimony that he could have moved and also vocalised for a number minutes after the attack. It's the testimony that supporters use to back up the claim that he could calmly stand next to her on the couch, wake her up and talk to her and the follow her to the kitchen entrance. Of course that does present the wee problem of why the intruder who Darlie has repeatedly put IN the same room at the time Damon spoke to her simply continued walking out of the house knowingly leaving two victims alive.

I think he probably did crawl/walk to where he was found after he was stabbed once and then she attacked him again (possibly after she had come back in from outside). It just occured to me that perhaps he woke up as she was stabbing Devon and tried to make a run for it and only got that far before she caught him - but there may be significant blood evidence against that which I have forgotten (Cam??). Dani
After being stabbed and being hurt, I don't think any child would be standing there "calmly." I agree. There's such a discrepancy over that. If he meant to kill them, why leave them standing there or following him. If he was crawling or walking away from her and ended up in the hallway by the kitchen, why was he going into that direction versus another?

mollymalone said:
Wouldn't it have been as hard for him to have crawled given the condition of his breathing at that point?

Also another oddity, although kids get abrasions from playing, just being kids.. both of them had specific abrasions that were noted on the autopsy. I wondered whether they had suffered abrasions from the carpet or some other source as they were being stabbed.

Well he did end up there. I don't think she dragged him. Either he walked or he crawled, right? Crawling seems a little more likely to me. Besides, if more injuries were inflected during a second attack, we're not sure how difficult it would have been. (I mean of course, he was HURT regardless, just just "how" much is unknown).

If he was crawling or walking away from her and ended up in the hallway by the kitchen, why was he going into that direction versus another?

Well there wasn't really anywhere else to go. The room was a dead end with the only exit being right where he was found. He was simply trying to get away, possibly heading towards his dad (upstairs).

Some "dad", he betrayed his own flesh and blood. I'm sure Darin was lingering around somewhere. He never made any attempt to save Damon, the one who was still alive. Judging from the way he protected Darlie I'm beginning to think it was premeditated. That's why he acts the way he does, he's guilty of something! I can't believe that not one family member his or hers would fall for what happened after all this time. Unbelievable!:sick:

Jeana (DP) said:
Well he did end up there. I don't think she dragged him. Either he walked or he crawled, right? Crawling seems a little more likely to me. Besides, if more injuries were inflected during a second attack, we're not sure how difficult it would have been. (I mean of course, he was HURT regardless, just just "how" much is unknown).
Right, and if his injuries during the first part of the attack still enabled him to move he could have been running away from her when she got him again thus causing the more serious wounds which then caused his death.

Dani_T said:
Well there wasn't really anywhere else to go. The room was a dead end with the only exit being right where he was found. He was simply trying to get away, possibly heading towards his dad (upstairs).
I didn't realize that it was a dead end. I would have thought he'd be heading for dad for help. Thank you all for answering my queries. It's been a long time since I followed the case in the news I did not have transcripts to read and the only book I've read so far was the Justice Denied one. I'm doing a bit of surfing to catch up on what's online regarding the case.

mollymalone said:
I didn't realize that it was a dead end. I would have thought he'd be heading for dad for help. Thank you all for answering my queries. It's been a long time since I followed the case in the news I did not have transcripts to read and the only book I've read so far was the Justice Denied one. I'm doing a bit of surfing to catch up on what's online regarding the case.

I'm impressed you even managed to read MTJD. I read about 3 pages and couldn't stop laughing so only use it for the photos (although some of the labels/descriptions of some of those are wrong as well- so be discerning!). In my experience the best way to learn more about the case is to go to the transcripts. It's fantastic that we have access to them and you'll learn stacks from them. The books (eg. Precious Angels etc) can give you a summary of them but even then sometimes they are misleading too.

Dani_T said:
I'm impressed you even managed to read MTJD. I read about 3 pages and couldn't stop laughing so only use it for the photos (although some of the labels/descriptions of some of those are wrong as well- so be discerning!). In my experience the best way to learn more about the case is to go to the transcripts. It's fantastic that we have access to them and you'll learn stacks from them. The books (eg. Precious Angels etc) can give you a summary of them but even then sometimes they are misleading too.
Where are the transcripts? Online? LOL It was an exercise in patience reading that book the way it was written. I didn't pay anything for it, I cked it out of the library.

mollymalone said:
Right, and if his injuries during the first part of the attack still enabled him to move he could have been running away from her when she got him again thus causing the more serious wounds which then caused his death.

I may be wrong darlin, but I think the blood evidence was that he did indeed crawl. The absolute worst part of this whole thing is that he saw who was trying to murder him. Rips my heart out to know that his last vision was that of his mother coming after him with that huge butcher knife. Its truly the stuff nightmares are made of. That the families can simply ignore that amazes me.

Goody said:
She might not remember what movie they were watching or what they ate last or exactly what time they went to sleep, but specific details like the above definitely stand out for victims. The main points. But Darlie seems to do better with the small stuff. The main points have to be changed or rearranged, etc. and should not have.
I agree with everything you said, Goody. I was only referring to the idea that Darlie couldn't remember what Darin was wearing when he came downstairs. The other points should certainly stand out, especially how many intruders there were or where he or they were standing when she first became aware of them.

BTW, I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. I'm not getting e-mail notifications of new replies, and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. :confused:

mollymalone said:
After being stabbed and being hurt, I don't think any child would be standing there "calmly." I agree. There's such a discrepancy over that. If he meant to kill them, why leave them standing there or following him. If he was crawling or walking away from her and ended up in the hallway by the kitchen, why was he going into that direction versus another?

Some of us think Damon may have been crawling towards the stairs to get his dad. He moved, he may have slid on his belly, but he did move. The depth of his injuries may be another clue that he moved and was stabbed again.

The bloody knife print in the carpet tells something. Either she put it down to contain a child or to pull one back towards her.

Jeana (DP) said:
I may be wrong darlin, but I think the blood evidence was that he did indeed crawl. The absolute worst part of this whole thing is that he saw who was trying to murder him. Rips my heart out to know that his last vision was that of his mother coming after him with that huge butcher knife. Its truly the stuff nightmares are made of. That the families can simply ignore that amazes me.
Thanks. Looks like I'm going to have to read a lot more about the evidence. I've forgotten much of what I had read. Yes. It's awful that people can ignore the fact that his last moments on earth were full of awareness and likely bewilderment and fear of his own mother killing him.

cami said:
Some of us think Damon may have been crawling towards the stairs to get his dad. He moved, he may have slid on his belly, but he did move. The depth of his injuries may be another clue that he moved and was stabbed again.

The bloody knife print in the carpet tells something. Either she put it down to contain a child or to pull one back towards her.
I would imagine there would be a difference in the depth of the wounds if he had been moving.

JerseyGirl said:
I agree with everything you said, Goody. I was only referring to the idea that Darlie couldn't remember what Darin was wearing when he came downstairs. The other points should certainly stand out, especially how many intruders there were or where he or they were standing when she first became aware of them.

BTW, I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. I'm not getting e-mail notifications of new replies, and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it. :confused:

We're not sure yet either Darlin. I haven't forgotten about ya.

cami said:

My God Cami. I've been hearing about this since '96, but it certainly doesn't ever get easier to read that.

cami said:

Or because she had been injured (which we know from the blood imprint that she was at this stage) and was checking out her own injuries.

mollymalone said:
Where are the transcripts? Online? LOL It was an exercise in patience reading that book the way it was written. I didn't pay anything for it, I cked it out of the library.

Yep - go to www.justicefordarlie.net and you'll find them all ordered and catalogued. www.fordarlieroutier.org has them as well but they are not as easy to read and reference.

Jeana (DP) said:
We're not sure yet either Darlin. I haven't forgotten about ya.
Thanks, Jeana. I feel so out of the loop without my e-mail notifications! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back