Oddities

Dani_T said:
Yep - go to www.justicefordarlie.net and you'll find them all ordered and catalogued. www.fordarlieroutier.org has them as well but they are not as easy to read and reference.
Although I did have some difficulty with the first site, I was able to view the photo galleries.

Reading the autopsy reports are one thing, but actually seeing the wounds is another. I'd expected to see what I saw on some of them, but the deeper ones were shocking. Those poor children.

Another oddity that struck me is the knife handle was much less bloody that I had expected.

jayla said:
On a different forum, someone had suggested to posters that they list all the things they found odd in the JBR case. This one also seems to have a few of those, or at the very least, a few coincidences. Does anyone care to list some? Thanks.
This is one I've never been able to make sense out of:

Later, investigators learned that the Routiers were turned down for a $5000 vacation loan due to excessive debt and delinquent accounts only five days before the murders. (RR.34: 2120-29).

"The so-called vacation loan was turned down because I did not want to put up any collateral. Dana, Darlie's sister, wanted to buy a new truck and she was only sixteen years old. I was not going to put up any of my assets in this situation. And it was the loan officer who told me to apply for the money as an unsecured vacation loan. She knew all about the truck and that was her advice. When I found out it had to be secured, I just wasn't willing to do it. Believe me, if I wanted a loan, I could have gotten one.

-- Why is Darin trying (twice) to get a car loan for a truck for Darlie's sister when Darlie herself is stuck with no vehicle (Darin was driving the Pathfinder and the Jag, as usual, was broken down).

-- Why did his bank turn him down? He can't say he wasn't interested in getting the loan. That doesn't make any sense. Why even apply for it if he didn't really want it? A $5000 loan is nothing for a guy who has a 10k Jag, a 20k boat, and a 130k house (plus his business). Why would his bank say no, and why would he try again this time disguising it as a "vacation" loan?

-- Why was Darin doing any of this in the first place? I thought it was Darlie who handled the finances.

Can anybody explain this?

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
This is one I've never been able to make sense out of:

Later, investigators learned that the Routiers were turned down for a $5000 vacation loan due to excessive debt and delinquent accounts only five days before the murders. (RR.34: 2120-29).

"The so-called vacation loan was turned down because I did not want to put up any collateral. Dana, Darlie's sister, wanted to buy a new truck and she was only sixteen years old. I was not going to put up any of my assets in this situation. And it was the loan officer who told me to apply for the money as an unsecured vacation loan. She knew all about the truck and that was her advice. When I found out it had to be secured, I just wasn't willing to do it. Believe me, if I wanted a loan, I could have gotten one.

-- Why is Darin trying (twice) to get a car loan for a truck for Darlie's sister when Darlie herself is stuck with no vehicle (Darin was driving the Pathfinder and the Jag, as usual, was broken down).

-- Why did his bank turn him down? He can't say he wasn't interested in getting the loan. That doesn't make any sense. Why even apply for it if he didn't really want it? A $5000 loan is nothing for a guy who has a 10k Jag, a 20k boat, and a 130k house (plus his business). Why would his bank say no, and why would he try again this time disguising it as a "vacation" loan?

-- Why was Darin doing any of this in the first place? I thought it was Darlie who handled the finances.

Can anybody explain this?

It can be explained by the trial testimony. Well some of it can anyway. Either Darin or the Loan's officer is lying.

- The loan's officer herself testified that the reason Darin put down on the loan application was "vacation." Refer to testimony:

1 THE COURT: All right. Let's rephrase
2 the question. Let's phrase our questions properly,
3 please.
5 BY MS. SHERRI WALLACE:
6 Q. You can't get into what he said. Just
7 what did you put down as the reason for the $5,000 loan
8 on the application?
9 A. Vacation.
10 Q. Okay. And, do you remember about what
11 time he came in, Miss Williams, that day?
12 A. It was before noon.
13 Q. Okay.
14 A. Yeah. Before noon.

Why the loan was turned down:

20 BY MS. SHERRI WALLACE:
21 Q. Miss Williams, did you tell him the
22 reason he was turned down?
23 A. Yes.
24 Q. Okay. And, were those -- is that
25 contained on State's Exhibit No. 51?

14 BY MS. SHERRI WALLACE:
15 Q. Let me show you what's been marked for
16 identification as State's Exhibit No. 51-A. Is this a
17 code from your bank of those reasons?
18 A. Yes.
19 Q. Okay. If you could look at State's
20 Exhibit 51-A to refresh your recollection. Tell the
21 members of the jury the reason Mr. Routier was turned
22 down for his loan.
24 MR. RICHARD C. MOSTY: Your Honor,
25 before we start referring to documents, we need to see
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

10 BY MS. SHERRI WALLACE:
11 Q. Miss Williams, referring to 51-A,
12 could you tell the jury why Mr. Routier was turned down
13 for this $5,000 loan?
14 A. All four of them?
15 Q. Please.
16 A. Okay. Excessive obligation in
17 relation to income; an excessive amount owed on revolving
18 accounts; and too many new accounts; and delinquent, past
19 or present credit obligations with others.
20 Q. Miss Routier (sic), after you gave him
21 that information -- excuse me.
22 Miss Williams, after you gave Mr.
23 Routier that information, you said that he wanted to try
24 additional collateral and resubmit the loan; is that
25 correct?
Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

Did she say all four? Was he trying to secure four loans or one loan four times?

1 A. Yes.
2 Q. From his request, did you resubmit the
3 loan with the underwriters?
4 A. Yes.
5 Q. And, what happened that time?
6 A. It was turned down and they -- oh.
7 Q. What were you going to say, Miss
8 Williams?
9 A. The only way that they will approve
10 the loan was if it was CD secured.
11 Q. Okay. And he didn't have that CD or
12 money available? Or he didn't offer that to you, did he?
13 A. No.
14 Q. Okay. When did you give him this
15 information about it being turned down for the second
16 time?
17 A. I'm not quite certain, but it could
18 have been Monday or Tuesday.
19 Q. Tuesday being June the 4th of 1996?
20 A. Yes. Um-hum. (Witness nodding head
21 affirmatively).
22 Q. Okay.

link to the testimony

Didn't Darlie look after paying the household and the business accounts? Basically writing cheques and logging them into a general ledger, etc. I don't think she did any collection calls on overdue accounts they had on the books. Of course, that wouldn't have stopped her from applying for the loan but it appears by the bank's officer that Darin was the one who did and not Darlie.

cami said:
Did she say all four? Was he trying to secure four loans or one loan four times?
I assumed that she was referring to the four reasons that the loan was turned down.

cami said:

I believe what she meant was all four reasons Darin was turned down for the loan.

Jules

cami said:
It can be explained by the trial testimony. Well some of it can anyway. Either Darin or the Loan's officer is lying.

Since the loan officer probably isn't lying about something so well documented, I have to assumed Darin's lying. Any time the trial transcripts get to financial matters, it's like pulling teeth. Darin (and Darlie's lawyers) argue about anything that could point to Darin having financial troubles. But I think it's safe to assume if Darin's bank is turning him down on a 5k loan, he was in financial difficulties well beyond the "ups and downs" of business. I wonder what "too many new accounts" means.

It seems like the loan was denied, twice, because Darin had no collateral, in itself surprising given that he owned a house, boat, two cars, and a business. Even more interesting is that he tries twice and still can't get the loan. He's told he can submit with CDs for collateral, but doesn't want to do that. Maybe he didn't have any. Maybe they required Darlie's signature. I can't tell. The second denial seems to have been relayed by phone since the loan officer isn't sure when she told Darin this information. In any case, it seems like Darin was pretty hot and heavy after that loan. Not sure why. Did the trial transcripts ever get to this mysterious truck he was supposed to be buying for Dana Stahl?

Even more curious (and probably unknowable) is whether Darlie was aware of any of this. Or, for that matter, if Dana knew about it. I've never been able to find a single quote, trial transcript or otherwise, from Dana Stahl. Nor any explanation as to just what role she had in Darin's business. I wouldn't think a 16yr old would be a lot of use from a technical perspective, but perhaps she did office work.

Anyway, another one of those mysteries surrounding this case, but one that seems more important than others as it was happening in the days right before the murder. Was that why all the financial papers were in the house that night? Because they were trying to find something to leverage for that loan? 5000k. That's not a lot of money. I wonder what was so important that Darin needed the money for.

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
I wonder what "too many new accounts" means.
My guess is that he/they had opened up too many new credit card-type accounts within a short period of time.

RobertStJames said:
Since the loan officer probably isn't lying about something so well documented, I have to assumed Darin's lying. Any time the trial transcripts get to financial matters, it's like pulling teeth. Darin (and Darlie's lawyers) argue about anything that could point to Darin having financial troubles. But I think it's safe to assume if Darin's bank is turning him down on a 5k loan, he was in financial difficulties well beyond the "ups and downs" of business. I wonder what "too many new accounts" means.

It seems like the loan was denied, twice, because Darin had no collateral, in itself surprising given that he owned a house, boat, two cars, and a business. Even more interesting is that he tries twice and still can't get the loan. He's told he can submit with CDs for collateral, but doesn't want to do that. Maybe he didn't have any. Maybe they required Darlie's signature. I can't tell. The second denial seems to have been relayed by phone since the loan officer isn't sure when she told Darin this information. In any case, it seems like Darin was pretty hot and heavy after that loan. Not sure why. Did the trial transcripts ever get to this mysterious truck he was supposed to be buying for Dana Stahl?

Even more curious (and probably unknowable) is whether Darlie was aware of any of this. Or, for that matter, if Dana knew about it. I've never been able to find a single quote, trial transcript or otherwise, from Dana Stahl. Nor any explanation as to just what role she had in Darin's business. I wouldn't think a 16yr old would be a lot of use from a technical perspective, but perhaps she did office work.

Anyway, another one of those mysteries surrounding this case, but one that seems more important than others as it was happening in the days right before the murder. Was that why all the financial papers were in the house that night? Because they were trying to find something to leverage for that loan? 5000k. That's not a lot of money. I wonder what was so important that Darin needed the money for.

RstJ

Darlie had a trip to Cancun planned and they were planning on a trip to Pennsylvania so yes Darlie was aware of it.

Dana did not testify at Darlie's trial. Strange isn't it since she was apparently living there.

I don't remember if there is anything in the trial transcripts about the truck he was supposed to be buying for Dana. You can do a search of the trial transcripts here

Jules said:
I believe what she meant was all four reasons Darin was turned down for the loan.

Jules

Thanks, that's what I get for skimming, LOL.

There were accounts that Darlie herself testified that SHE forgot to pay.
They were married, so it was THEY who were in financial difficulties, not just Darrin. :rolleyes:

cami said:
Darlie had a trip to Cancun planned and they were planning on a trip to Pennsylvania so yes Darlie was aware of it.

Dana did not testify at Darlie's trial. Strange isn't it since she was apparently living there.

Yeah. Of all people in this case, Dana is by far the most mysterious. She didn't testify, yet the state could have compelled her to do so. But neither did the defense call her. She was sworn in, true. But never called. And the Okie Williams testimony seems to have run into a major snag when Okie tried to explain what Darin was saying about the loan. I guess she was going to testify about the truck loan, but that never got out. Or perhaps she was going to say something else. I don't know. We don't have Darin's reaction to the loan being denied.

What do you know about Dana Stahl and how she fits into all this?

RstJ

RobertStJames said:
It means that they had either opened too many new accounts within the last so many months (whatever time limit the bank put on it) or they had had too many inquiries into their credit history from companies that might possibly be new accounts. In short. the Routiers were charged up to the hilt and had no income that was not already owed to someone else, at least on paper making them bad credit risks.

RobertStJames said:
RstJ
I think she did what Darlie did in the early days, put those motherboards together or whatever they called them. Basia's daughter worked parttime in the shop and handled the book work, so I don't think Dana was needed in that area.

RobertStJames said:

RstJ
According to Basia's mother, Darlie told her that day that she needed $10,000. She had weddings coming up that she was committed to making things for, she had trips planned, they hadn't paid for their airline tickets to Pennsylvania yet and that meant 4 tickets would have to be purchased within the next two weeks, plus they needed money while they were there, and something was going on in Darin's family, too, and that was coming up.

In May, only a couple of weeks before the murders, they had taken the largest draw they ever had out of the company and it was apparently gone by June 1st, used to pay bills. The loan was obviously cash they needed to pay for things they couldn't charge, like the plane tickets, running money, etc. No talk was ever made about possibly cancelling any of the scheduled trips, not even the one to Cancun, which was just a getaway for Darlie and her friend Mercedes. The answer for them was obviously not to cut back, like most of us do, but to just get more money from wherever they could. The truck purchase, I think, was just a cover story they cooked up later to sort of soften the blow as they tried desperately in court to deny that they had financial difficulties because they were afraid financial difficulties would be viewed as a motive to kill the children.

I don't know what the papers being out meant, Maybe nothing. Maybe they were going over their options and sorting through the papers in hopes of coming up with a solution. I don't think they killed the children though for insurance money. They would have known that there was not enough insurance money to accomplish what they wanted to accomplish. Maybe they wondered if they could cash in the life insurance policies or maybe borrow from them. That might have been a temporary solution if they had that option.

To me the worst (I don't consider it odd) is the birthday party video. I haven't seen the video of the memorial prior to the b-day but I carefully examined Darlie's body language during silly string portion. Her smiles appeared very genuine without the slightest hint of being forced. I know she attributed her gaity to the drugs she was under the enfluence of but imo there aren't any or enough drugs on this planet that could make me crack a smile if one, let alone two of my children had been brutally murdered. I haven't seen ANY of the signs of trauma a crime victim experiences after being victimized.

For those who find it hard for someone like Darlie to have murdered her children it is completely understandable. The normal, rational mind could not fathom such horror but it brings to mind Susan Smith, Andrea Yates and unfortunatley the list goes on and on. Susan Smith did not receive the dp because of some sort of over-site on the part of the d.a. I believe she and Andrea (regardless of the emotional problems she experienced due to post-partum) should all get the death penalty.

Goody wrote:
Another interesting point is that Darin describes things as going in slow motion. That is a typical comment made by crime victims, that the events seemed so surreal they were in slow motion. Darlie never described anything like that at all. You would think even if she were guilty, she would experience that, but she never mentioned a word about it. It would be extraordinarily odd that she did experience it and just didn't mention it. It is so mindblowing that people can't help but comment on it. That flies in the face of the hysterical Darlie she wanted us to believe she was.

At this point (see 911 transcript below), it sounds like she is experiencing slow motion. I'll concede - she could be acting.

Goody & FM I've been thinking about the traumatic amnesia claim. I'm thinking I remember y'all saying you know something about that type of amnesia. If so, do people who experience it remember, in detail, the events leading up to the trauma?

Fritzy's Mom, do you remember most of everything that happened just before your car wreck, or did you forget the entire day?

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:59:22[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...when are they going to be here...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:00:22[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...5801 Eagle Drive ...5801 Eagle Drive...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:03:28[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...when are they going to be here...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:03:29[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...going to be a stabbing...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:05:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...when are they going to be here...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:06:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ma'am ...they're on their way...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:08:00[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:08:08[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...I gotta just sit here forever ...oh my God...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:11:14[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...2:35...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:12:05[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...who would do this ...who would do this...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:13:09[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darin Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:14:26[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(sounds of typing on computer keyboard)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:16:08[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ma'am ...how old are your boys...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:18:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darin Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...what...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:19:03[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...how old are your boys...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:20:04[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:20:21[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...no...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:21:01[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...seven and five...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:22:17[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:23:08[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...oh my God ...oh my God ...oh ...he's dead...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:29:02[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...calm down ...can you... [/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:29:03[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...oh God ...Devon no ...oh my God...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:30:27[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]SOUND[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(dog barking)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:35:02[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...is your name Darlie... [/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:36:11[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:36:26[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...this is her...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:37:09[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...is your husband's name Darin...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:38:22[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes ...please hurry ...God they're taking forever...[/font]

RobertStJames said:

RstJ
I hope ya'll don't mind my jumping in here. I'm a loan officer. This sounds to me like he was denied an unsecured loan. Then they re-submitted it with collateral (probably a vehicle of some sort) but he was denied again. The only way they would do the loan was with a CD - certificate of deposit - as collateral. Basically, IMO, their credit was completely shot if this is the only type of loan the bank was willing to give. A CD loan is against money you already have in the bank. If you don't pay it - they just take your money already on deposit. Where I work, we don't even pull a credit report or update employment info ect on a CD secured loan. Anybody can get one as long as they have the money in the bank. You are basically borrowing from yourself but paying interest to the bank for the privilege.

Leve said:
I hope ya'll don't mind my jumping in here. I'm a loan officer. This sounds to me like he was denied an unsecured loan. Then they re-submitted it with collateral (probably a vehicle of some sort) but he was denied again. The only way they would do the loan was with a CD - certificate of deposit - as collateral. Basically, IMO, their credit was completely shot if this is the only type of loan the bank was willing to give. A CD loan is against money you already have in the bank. If you don't pay it - they just take your money already on deposit. Where I work, we don't even pull a credit report or update employment info ect on a CD secured loan. Anybody can get one as long as they have the money in the bank. You are basically borrowing from yourself but paying interest to the bank for the privilege.

Jump away!! Welcome to Websleuths and thanks for the info.

accordn2me said:
At this point (see 911 transcript below), it sounds like she is experiencing slow motion. I'll concede - she could be acting.

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:59:22[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...when are they going to be here...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:00:22[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...5801 Eagle Drive ...5801 Eagle Drive...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:03:28[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...when are they going to be here...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:03:29[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...going to be a stabbing...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:05:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...when are they going to be here...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:06:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ma'am ...they're on their way...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:08:00[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:08:08[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...I gotta just sit here forever ...oh my God...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:11:14[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...2:35...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:12:05[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...who would do this ...who would do this...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:13:09[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darin Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:14:26[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(sounds of typing on computer keyboard)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:16:08[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ma'am ...how old are your boys...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:18:20[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darin Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...what...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:19:03[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...how old are your boys...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:20:04[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:20:21[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...no...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:21:01[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...seven and five...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:22:17[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:23:08[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...oh my God ...oh my God ...oh ...he's dead...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:29:02[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...calm down ...can you... [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:29:03[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...oh God ...Devon no ...oh my God...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:30:27[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]SOUND[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(dog barking)...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:35:02[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...is your name Darlie... [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:36:11[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:36:26[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...this is her...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:37:09[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...is your husband's name Darin...[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]03:38:22[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font] [font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes ...please hurry ...God they're taking forever...[/font]
What slow motion? She was so hyper, she could barely talk until she says....Darin, somebody came in here and did this intentionally! Darlie was definitely not in slow motion during that call.

accordn2me said:
Goody & FM I've been thinking about the traumatic amnesia claim. I'm thinking I remember y'all saying you know something about that type of amnesia. If so, do people who experience it remember, in detail, the events leading up to the trauma?
Traumatic amnesia purely as an emotional reaction of an event is very, very rare. It usually lasts no longer than about three months and full memory, depending on what you call full, usually occurs. People who suffer head trauma, that would be a good hard hit on the head that causes serious injury, including concussion, skull fracture, etc. is the other kind of traumatic amnesia. Memory is not always returned, and often not totally, but there is also often brain damage involved.

Darlie's camp likes to claim she could have gotten a hit on the head and just doesn't remember it, but that is not even close to being serious enough to cause the kind of injury it would take to create the medical TA. There is no way she had a skull fracture or concussion that the doctors missed. The argument is ridiculous.

Yes, I experienced some mild TA when I lost my son. He was hit by a car at age 6. I became so hysterical and was sobbing so hard at the funeral and experienced the slow motion thingy. For years I was angry at my mother for not coming to the funeral. I had no memory of her presence there at all. Then many years later when I finally said something, she blurted out, "Why, I was, too, there!" I was confused for awhile, but as she defended herself the lights finally came on. It was weird because that is sort of what it was like. Dark spots suddenly lit enough to where I could see what was there...My Mother and stepfather standing in the background not knowing what they should do.

I believe that Darlie could have suffered from TA for the time it took for the murders to have occurred, and I believe that if nothing had happened to motivate her to remember she might not remember for years. But she had all kinds of prods....the arrest, the media reports portraying her as a monster, the trial, the death penalty, death row, even hypnosis, and still she doesn't remember? I don't think so. I don't believe anyone who doesn't have brain damage could forget that completely for longer than a few months. I think she is lying about the TA. And that she is lying because she knows it is easy to get tripped up in lies, so it is safer to remember nothing than to try to lie her way through all the pitfuls.

Leve said:
Darlie and Darin didn't have any money in the bank. And they had pretty much sucked all of the cash out of their company too.

Mine, also, Goody...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288