CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
in this age of DNA is there really any question?

Other than, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

I'm simply asking an honest question.

What a bizzare set of circumstances that DLS would be arrested on weapon charges (I'd like to know where he was arrested) before the body was discovered.

Had AG called police before to complain about being harrassed? Maybe even just days, police picked him up not knowing of the murder?

I'm thinking there is some history between these two, the dogs chasing him as he walked or road his bicycle past her driveway. AG driving past him in her Camero with attitude. There has to be some link. :banghead:

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2912179

"Gleave had two big and "mean" German Shepherds who she would lock up when Sharp and his wife, Margaret, would visit.

"I don't know how they (the attacker or attackers) would of got by her dogs, unless they shot them," Boyd said."

Does make you wonder how whoever it was got by the dogs... but since the car was taken in, there could be a scenario where she was out somewhere, abducted, forced to drive to her own home & perhaps she ordered the dogs away because her attacker threatened to hurt or kill them if they came close... I've read in other articles that she called her puppies 'her babies'. She may have locked them up or left them outside to protect them.
Gleave had two big and "mean" German Shepherds who she would lock up when Sharp and his wife, Margaret, would visit.

Hi Flossie. Actually, I think dotr's theory is a pretty good one. Only thing I wonder about is whether Audrey would have sat outside without the dogs (as they were apparently found in a room within the house). It was said earlier (can't recall the source right now) that Audrey had been a bit nervous of late and iirc, didn't go outside without her dogs (maybe someone else can confirm or correct that).

It was also said that the dogs were intimidating and were confined whenever visitors came by. You indicate that the dogs are lovely, so that sounds like you know AG personally. Maybe you could clarify that part for us.

Hi there. I didn't know Audrey, and feel terrible about what happened to her, and hope they have caught the right person.

Audrey's 2 dogs now live with dear friends of mine. Both great dogs, I'm told the male was protective of Audrey. They are living with 2 other dogs as well, and getting along great. I'm told it was common practice for Audrey to step outside when guests or anyone came, rather than have them inside. I also saw an article about that, her friend visiting her and they always sat outside together.

:twocents:I have one point and one question:

Point: AG was killed in her garage (don't have the source here but it's in one of the news story links.) Perhaps the killer (DLS??) was hiding in her garage and ambushed her as she came out to her car. Or the killer was trying to get into/steal AG's hot new Camaro.

Question: Do we know that DLS was arrested because of DNA proof or did the cops need 'someone to arrest'?

So much doubt on my part!

sorry about all the posts but I've been reading at another site.

Hrab states they seized items from Scott and forensics below:

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/936838--man-arrested-in-elderly-woman-s-stabbing-death

That barn was scoured by Hamilton homicide detectives two days after her body was discovered.

Scott was known to ride his bike down the road into Gleave’s neighbourhood. But police said they don’t believe he knew Gleave.

“We’ve had witnesses who (placed) him going down that road,” Hrab said. “He’s a lifelong resident of that area in Brantford.”

One thing police can’t figure out is why Gleave was targeted.

The perceived randomness of the homicide has sparked fear among the neighbours — something police recognize.

“This was a serious, random, violent act, and we were very cognizant of that fact and we were very cognizant to alert the people in the area of that crime so they would be cautious,” Hrab said.

It was information from the public that led police “down the path that led to the arrest,” he said.

Police have received some forensic test results, Hrab said. But he said he couldn’t talk about evidence, including what items were seized from Scott

Now this has me curious:

Police say the investigation is ongoing, and won't comment on the possibility of other suspects. They are asking anyone with information on Scott's whereabouts around the time of the murder to call police at 905-546-4925.

In my humble opinion - this tells me that the cops aren't certain they have the right guy!:dunno:

Missizzy was questioning the above, from the same website
I won't post any more from the site I'll let you do your own reading

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,4489.15.html

posted by Daniel E half way down (he is a neighbour of AG):

and yes, the neighbor's are quite unsettled by this, two years before a womens body was found in the graveyard beside Audreys home during a movie shoot. for a sleepy little town of 300 people this is shocking.
any other questions i could help with please ask, and i will try to answer. i dint know Audrey personally but i have met her a number of times and she will be a missed member of the community.

Now this has me curious:

Police say the investigation is ongoing, and won't comment on the possibility of other suspects. They are asking anyone with information on Scott's whereabouts around the time of the murder to call police at 905-546-4925.

In my humble opinion - this tells me that the cops aren't certain they have the right guy!:dunno:

I am wondering if perhaps they think he did not act alone.At this point , it seems like there is a lot of" smoke "(mentally ill, homeless man with knife, living near victim ,) but still looking for the "fire".

In the meantime, this woman has been missing from Hamilton..
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...to-find-hamilton-woman-not-seen-in-six-months
Fri Feb 11 2011
Missing woman Terri Dawn Condon, 33, was last seen in early August 2010.
Hamilton police
The public’s help is being sought by Hamilton police to find a woman who has not been seen by family and friends since last summer.

Terri Dawn Condon, 33, was last seen in early August 2010.

Family and friends came to police Friday to try to find her whereabouts.

Condon is originally from Prince Edward Island and has lived in the Hamilton area for several years. She is also known to frequent Toronto.

Police say they are very concerned about Condon’s well being.

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Scott Moreton at 905-546-3818 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-522-8477.

In the meantime, this woman has been missing from Hamilton..
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...to-find-hamilton-woman-not-seen-in-six-months
Fri Feb 11 2011
Missing woman Terri Dawn Condon, 33, was last seen in early August 2010.
Hamilton police
The public’s help is being sought by Hamilton police to find a woman who has not been seen by family and friends since last summer.

Terri Dawn Condon, 33, was last seen in early August 2010.

Family and friends came to police Friday to try to find her whereabouts.

Condon is originally from Prince Edward Island and has lived in the Hamilton area for several years. She is also known to frequent Toronto.

Police say they are very concerned about Condon’s well being.

Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Scott Moreton at 905-546-3818 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-522-8477.

OK, now I'll go back to what I've been thinking/saying all along:

- I think the Sonia V., Shelley L., and Audrey G. killings/attacks are related

- and now we (perhaps) have another victim of this same perp (praying to God that it's not so)

Regarding DLS - I do think that LE found an "easy target" to appease the public. The down & out, the mentally ill, the homeless, etc. seem to me to be easy prey for LE. Especially when LE 'needs' an answer quickly to an act of violence.

Of course, I could be totally off the track here.........:maddening:

Question: Aren't LE very reluctant to use the "S-word" ("serial") for fear of scaring the public out of their wits?

I've been waiting impatiently for a picture. Several years ago, there was this man who lived in a barn on a rural road that my brother lives on. I lived there for a couple of years too and remember being so creeped out by this person. Apparently he did random jobs in return for being allowed to stay in the barn. I doubt it's related but the similarities are spooky.

I don't know if this is relevant to this case or not , but I thought it might be worth noting.
http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...cerned-as-police-continues-search-for-husband
Danielle Wong Sun Feb 13 2011
Wife concerned as police continues search for husband
The last time Lisa Hills saw her husband, he had kissed her on the forehead and told her: “I’m going to be right back.”

The 47-year-old has not seen her husband since.

Police are continuing to search for Albert, 63, who was last seen during the afternoon of Jan. 30 in a Hamilton Tim Hortons at Caroline Street South and Main Street West with two other men, Hills said.

SNIP

Hills said she heard the woman at the Tim Hortons counter on Jan. 30 recognized her husband but did not recognize the other two men he was with.

“(Police) have been all over the place. There’s no sign of him,” Hills said.

I have not been able to find the photo that was shown in an earlier article of DLS. It seems to have disappeared. Has anyone found any news article or police report concerning a body being found in Stenabaugh Cemetery during a film shoot two years ago? Wouldn't that have been huge news in such a small community?

Sorry I haven't been posting. I'm keeping up but dealing with health issues. I, too, have some serious doubts and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth