Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...nues-for-missing-girl-triple-temps-on-the-way has an update saying that one of their reporters talked to her family and will "join in live". Not sure when that will be..

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/17649225/tucson-police-search-for-missing-little-girl

This is the more recently updated article from them. It HAS a video with it... but I can't get any videos to work. :banghead:

So I'm not sure, but it might have what you are looking for...

I have a 6 year old and find it odd this child went to bed at 11. That seems very late to me - unless it was a special occasion or party?

Wish we had some news. I'm afraid this one will go cold before it is ever solved. Poor girl seems to live in a neighborhood full of pervs and people who might cover for them. Whether her kidnapper or killer came from her own household or outside, I suspect someone else knows and isn't telling. IMO, that person is as guilty as the person who took her.:moo:

I have a 6 year old and find it odd this child went to bed at 11. That seems very late to me - unless it was a special occasion or party?

I thought so too. But maybe she is on spring break? I thought I heard of a few schools on spring break this week ending today. Ours was a few weeks ago.

Even if she wasn't afraid...why would she go outside at that hour? Pet? Was she mad at her parents for some kind of discipline? Sleep walking?
If it was an intruder, how can we reach the young parents about the safety they need to take? So many young adults/parents don't watch the news and have no idea, imo. Send pamphlets home with the children from school? Would they still "get it"? IDK!!??? It just never stops and perps are so dang brazen anymore it makes your head spin.

Prayers they find her....soon. ie: pierced ears also

If someone is determined and brazen enough to decide to kidnap a child from their bed at night I don't think there is much parents can do. Apart from keeping doors and windows locked of course.

Thats why this sort of thing is so scary. At some point everyone is asleep and it doesn't matter how much you try, there are times sounds won't wake you. Tell a child to scream for help but if the kidnapper says he will kill mom or dad or siblings they won't.

jmo

Did they say if windows were open, unlocked, etc...? I just have a hard time with the idea of someone coming into a houseful of people and no one knowing...(yes, I know about the infrequent cases in the past...) But it just seems so unlikely if house was locked up, etc...JMO

It isn't just the infrequent cases of the past (i.e Jessica Lunsford, Polly Klaas for the new members) but the thousands of burglaries a month throughout the country which show it happens and isn't such a stretch.

Admittedly its a bit more work to take a child out than a tv but burglars do go into sleeping homes and successfully carry out their plans. (another bunch get caught to of course)

I hope this little girl is found safe. Do they bring dogs door to door to see if they can catch her scent?

Close to the border ? MOO

Not a likely factor unless there is specific evidence on a link to Mexico, in which case Border Patrol would be alerted at all points of entry/exit, or at least Nogales. The border is a solid 1 to 2 hours away. Phoenix is as likely a random geographic link (with a much larger population) than anything in Mexico.

A person living at the house with the initials SDC has a record according to the online Tucson Courts public record access, and one case was filed on 19 April 2012. I won't link it as I don't believe this person has been named on MSM yet and I don't know for sure if it is pertinant to the disappearance of Isabel.

What's the record? You can normally see whether a felony charge is involved or not, versus a silly speeding ticket, in Pima County.

I bet they had her window open for the night air and the perp entered that way....just took the screen off. :banghead:

It has started to warm up in AZ lately, which in our state means screen doors have started to be shut so a/c can be pumped on. But, not at night. Tucson evenings are still quite perfect.

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing that Hispanic culture is stay up way late sleep in even later

I hope this is ok to share mods please remove if not : This is NOT good, I have personal experience with sex offender cases in Arizona courts. My hubs has a distant familiar member (not in this area of arizona ) that has a previous sex offense that shows up as a local charge in the court system. Im sure there are other charges that are listed this way but I know for a fact that sex offenses, especially those with children ARE listed as a local charge such as this one...:( , just not a good sign is all I am saying.

I wouldn't go far in this direction unless the "local record" is verified as something more than a speeding ticket. I don't know what area of Arizona you were dealing with, but online court records are governed at the county level. Maricopa and Pima counties both have records that allow sufficient details to be gleaned that felony charges can easily be distinguished from speeding tickets etc. Tucson is in Pima County.

A person living at the house with the initials SDC has a record according to the online Tucson Courts public record access, and one case was filed on 19 April 2012. I won't link it as I don't believe this person has been named on MSM yet and I don't know for sure if it is pertinant to the disappearance of Isabel.
What was the crime? I found Isabel's birth record. SDC is her dad

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing that Hispanic culture is stay up way late sleep in even later

The available information is way too vague for this factor to be nailed down. That area of Tucson is very mixed, demographically. Hispanics and whites blend together. The Hispanic last name here could merely mean that dad is Hispanic, with the rest of the family being Anglo. Even if they're all Hispanic, Arizona's Hispanic families fall on all sides of the spectrum, in terms of how "cultural" they are. My closest Hispanic friend here is more comfortable eating brauts with sauerkraut than anything Mexican. And he votes Republican.

First time hearing about this case...my first thought was John Couey and lil' Jessica Lunsford. Praying, praying, praying for Isabel!

I now think you're on to something. The online records won't reveal the exact charges. They do confirm that the charges are criminal in nature. On the other hand, the records are located in the Tucson municipal court system, which leads me to believe these are nothing more than misdemeanors. More serious charges would be filed with the Pima County superior court system. But why are the charges multiple in nature?

The charges were filed one day before the girl went missing. Quite a strange coincidence.

I now think you're on to something. The online records won't reveal the exact charges. They do confirm that the charges are criminal in nature. On the other hand, the records are located in the Tucson municipal court system, which leads me to believe these are nothing more than misdemeanors. More serious charges would be filed with the Pima County superior court system. But why are the charges multiple in nature?

The charges were filed one day before the girl went missing. Quite a strange coincidence.

Whoops! Now I wish we knew what it was bc that is a strange coincidence. It still sounds more like an abduction but definitely weird. I thought charges were public record on line

Yes I seen this all too very weird! It has citation numbers and I can't for the life of me figure out what would cause multiple citations like this and be criminal in nature, but arraignment on april 26 maybe they will tell more soon from LE. :(

I can't see a 6-year old going out of the house at night, they are old enough to be afraid, unlike perhaps a toddler. JMO

Perhaps she was lured out of the house. A kitten meowing or a puppy whining. What small child wouldn't want to rescue a little kitten or puppy? There is also the possibility she was sleepwalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member