Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabel Celis: 6-Year-Old Girl Vanishes From Tucson, Arizona Home

snipped

“We don’t have an actual piece of evidence that points us in one direction or another so for example we don’t have a piece of evidence that says she was definitively taken from the residence. We don’t have any specific piece of evidence that tells us she left the residence on her own,” said Hawke.

a little more at link, not much new though

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...r-old-girl-vanishes-from-tucson-arizona-home/

I have a 6 year old and find it odd this child went to bed at 11. That seems very late to me - unless it was a special occasion or party?

All kinds of reasons a child that young would be up late. No school the next day, since it was Friday. Some kids are just nightowls esp. on the weekends. Many parents don't stick to a routine on weekends and a few don't even during the week. Yes, it's odd to many, but not to some of us. My youngest son fought with us constantly about going to bed early on school nights, and he is still a nightowl in his 20's.

Another photo of Isabel released...
292296_345647485495135_345610878832129_997525_1077370176_n.jpg

also, here's a new flyer for Isabel.

529769_345803152146235_345610878832129_998383_1848015603_n.jpg

she is just adorable! I don't see her crawling out a window in the middle of the night.... I hope she is found safe and sound and as quickly as possible as I see that temps might get into the 100s today.

From Isabels house to Nogales, Mexico is approx. 74 miles, google says driving time is 1 hour, 26 minutes. I wouldn't rule out if she has been abducted, the border & I'm sure they would be watching closely.

I think, if Isabel had a prior history of getting up at night, sleepwalking, etc. that LE would have said so and lean more towards the "she sleepwalked out of the house" angle or something like that. However, they seem a lot more focused (and, I don't blame them) on the fact she was abducted.

I have an awful feeling this will be an abduction. I just hope, whoever is sick enough to do this, is caring for her. I always try to think of the "maybe they just wanted a child!" angle which would mean they are caring for her like they would their own. However, I think reality is that most likely isn't the case. :(

Not much on the news but the window was open and screen was off. They still have the area blocked off and checking all vehicles. They wouldn't let the news people in the area either. There sure are tons of police cars in the area.

I could understand an abductor entering through the bedroom window. But IMO it is less likely that he exited through the same window with this child. So, he exited through the front door ? And locked it on his way out ?

Hopefully leaving lots of prints...If that is what happened... MOO

I hadn't heard about this case but just saw this posted on my Comcast homepage:

Searchers scour Tucson for missing 6-year-old girl
44 minutes ago

TUCSON, Ariz. — Law officers searched Sunday for a 6-year-old Arizona girl who vanished from her bedroom during the night in a case police were treating as suspicious and possibly a kidnapping.

The parents of first-grader Isabel Mercedes last saw her in bed at their Tucson home at 11 p.m. Friday and discovered her missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday, police spokeswoman Sgt. Maria Hawke said.

Investigators were looking into various scenarios, including the possibility Isabel wandered out of the home she shares with her parents and two brothers. Late Saturday, Hawke said authorities were treating the case "a suspicious disappearance and possible abduction."

Both parents live in the home, so authorities had no indication a child custody dispute was involved but weren't completely ruling it out...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20120422/US.Tucson.Missing.Girl/

well that was certainly quick (fbi and marshals)

I think whenever an abduction is suspected, the CARP (child abduction response plan) by the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit is started right away, for a young child. I think they now get involved in ALL of them, for kids under a certain age.

Please let this case be solved and the child found...unless some of these cases are solved there is no way to know if this (children being stolen from homes) is really happening of late, or if something less sensational (but equally tragic) is going on...JMO

I'm local, too. I'm trying to get ahold of someone to bring me some fliers as my printer is not working and I don't drive. If anyone local can help/point me in a direction, please PM me. I would like to pass them out first thing in the morning after I drop my daughter off, although I'm hoping that Isabel is found before then.

This little girl is just absolutely beautiful. I hope she is found safe soon. (not that every child is not beautiful). How in God's name can this continue to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member