GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

The family has been found. Not many details. They were all found in the van, no one was with them, just the mother and three girls.

Tammie63 said:
It appears the baby just turned 1 yrs old this month. Could this be a case of PPD (Postpartum Depression)? I hope we don't hear how the mother has been depressed for over a year now and nobody took the time to help her.

I had a boss once that was Fanatically Religious and said that if you were a Christian then you wouldn't need medical intervention for depression... basically if you dwelled on others more then yourself then you wont be depressed...HOGWASH but since this is a home of a Pastor I wonder?:confused:
very good thought on the postpartum depression. it is very possible that could be the case, remember mrs yates killing all five of her children within an hour of being alone with them. if she isn't involved, I find it really out of the ordinary for a sexual offender killing an adult and taking one with him and an infant. remember the groene case in idaho? that man killed two adults and a 13 yr old boy which he either though was older or didn't want to risk him getting lose. then took 9yr dillon and 10 yr old shasta off into the wilderness with him. I could be wrong here, but I feel the mother is involved, she was last seen late on tuesday evening, around 530 or so. if she murdered him, then she had many hours head start prior to his body being discovered.

MrsMush99 said:
The family has been found. Not many details. They were all found in the van, no one was with them, just the mother and three girls.

It didn't seem like she would get very far. Was she thinking she could get away with today's technology? The positive is that the children are okay.

I just posted this on another thread. There's two threads on this. One in Missing Persons information and support.

Oh boy, what did she do?!...:snooty: :(

Sassygerl said:
Just in...the mother and children were found alive and well in a van parked along side a road in Alabama. No one was with them.

MrsMush99 said:
I'm thinking she killed him. I wonder why though.

Yep....looks suspicious to me!!!!! VERY!!!!! I had no idea there were two threads! I just came back to the one I read earlier :)

I hope this story is covered on the news. This one will be really interesting to follow.

Is there a news story or something that talks about them being found? The amber alert is still active ..

Jadenn said:
Is there a news story or something that talks about them being found? The amber alert is still active ..

Yes, just heard on FNC that they were found in Alabama...it will be interesting to me to hear where since I live in Alabama.

It seems like you can never tell in advance about people. From what I am reading, she was a substitute teacher and a Sunday School teacher.

mysteriew said:
It seems like you can never tell in advance about people. From what I am reading, she was a substitute teacher and a Sunday School teacher.

this is so true. i happen to know two convicted murderers, both of whom i met at church! and i go to what would be considered a "mainstream" church. you just never know.

I'm glad they're all safe.

Now that they're found, the story will unwind.

hhhmmmmm.... abuse/sexual abuse??

ya think........?!

For those little girls' sake, I pray this woman did not kill their father. It just doesn't sound good.

Tammie63 said:
It appears the baby just turned 1 yrs old this month. Could this be a case of PPD (Postpartum Depression)? I hope we don't hear how the mother has been depressed for over a year now and nobody took the time to help her.

I had a boss once that was Fanatically Religious and said that if you were a Christian then you wouldn't need medical intervention for depression... basically if you dwelled on others more then yourself then you wont be depressed...HOGWASH but since this is a home of a Pastor I wonder?:confused:

I'm sorry to say that's what I thought too when I saw the baby's age. I'm glad the children are alright but I sure hope the PPD isn't the case.

reb said:
hhhmmmmm.... abuse/sexual abuse??

ya think........?!

I have been wondering about that too. My thoughts keep going to the possibility that he was sexually abusing one of the children and the wife either caught him in the act or the child told her. I hope I am wrong.

but it seems everyone interviewed talks about the pastors "super charisma"-I just wonder if this tragedy occurred because he was possibly abusing his daughters?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back