Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty G

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
InSession Discussion Only​

This thread will open at 8:45 AM EDT. InSessions TV coverage starts at 9:00 AM EDT - 3:00 PM EDT

This thread will close at 8:00 PM EDT.

Please try and hold off discussions until InSessions begins. I want to thank everyone who will be posting what InSessions covers today. :blowkiss:

wow! poor quality audio and video!- boo, maybe they will fix it!

is this for discussions of what is on? Is anyone watching at home?

Bumping up for the start of Insession at 9:00 AM EDT

This thread is for those that want to do a discussion of what InSessions is reporting.

Thread will open at 8:45 AM EDT.

Well, I have it on here, but the fact that the attorneys requested that their microphones be turned off is ruining it for me. I cannot hear anything they are asking potential jurors.

Why did they request the mics be turned off, anyway?

Well, I have it on here, but the fact that the attorneys requested that their microphones be turned off is ruining it for me. I cannot hear anything they are asking potential jurors.

Why did they request the mics be turned off, anyway?
Because the DT and their client were allegedly overheard discussing a potential jurors questionnaire and making comments about it also JB may have admonished ICA and stated she was acting like a 2yo.
It was documented on ISs website but has since been removed per another thread.
I missed the very beginning but maybe some brave media outlet will leave it in on their raw videos.

Interview of Dr. Phil Anthony, Trial Consultant

stealth juror = an individual who is seeking fame or notoriety or social engineering by serving on a high profile jury. Not the kind of jurors you want, not good jurors.

Good jurors are citizens who desire a fair and just decision for somebody else.

JB complained that there is not enough ethnic diversity - the Doctor says he doesn't think that matters in this case. Ethnic diversity is not an issue here.
Motherhood and parenting issues will resonate with people from all walks of life.

Potential issues that dominate thought processes
1. if the juror has been a victim of crime
2. if a parent feels excessively fearful and vulnerable - probe a little to see if they're excessively fearful but, just because someone is a parent doesn't disqualify them from being a fair juror.

Regarding CA and GA being present in the courtroom. How would their presence affect a jury?

1. Jurors almost always pay attention to the external stimuli in the courtroom which includes relatives, friends of the parties in there for trial, so yes, there's no doubt the jurors will be looking over to the parents, George and Cindy, to see what reactions they have when certain events occur during the course of the trial and they're going to get some form of nonverbal feedback from that.

2. The second issue however is, I don't think jurors, absent being told to the contrary, are going to think it's odd that the parents are in the courtroom.
In fact, if anything, they might think it's normal that the parents would be there for the trial of their daughter.

3. The third issue and the one that has the potentially greatest impact on the trial process, is the fact that ahh the Anthony parents are going, as I understand it, are likely to testify at trial, and the unusual fact here is that they are going to testify but they will have had the benefit of listening to all the other testimony as they sit there listening at the trial and that, to some degree, that in and of itself is unusual.
In alot of cases witnesses, those individuals who are going to be testifying, are excluded from the trial proceedings so they are not in some way tainted by the testimony of others around them.
So here I think that's going to be a dynamic because George and Cindy Anthony can't help but react at some level during their own testimony to the other testimony they've been apart of.
So that's going to be an interesting dynamic for everyone in the courtroom including the jurors.

I watched most of the jury selection process yesterday and, I hate to say this but, it's sort of like watching paint dry - ha! :crazy:

I watched most of the jury selection process yesterday and, I hate to say this but, it's sort of like watching paint dry - ha! :crazy:

I find it to be somewhat fasinating IMO. The part that is going to bore me a bit will be the closing statements on both sides.

Lot's of talk about the DT obtaining the full report of the compounds detected (or that they test for?) as per Dr. Vass at the Body Farm laboratory. Pertains to issue of science validation.

ICA looks like she would love to have her pen/paper and books in front of her..........bored???

Potential jurors have been dismissed due to talking about the case.
A new batch of fifty potential jurors will be brought in tomorrow morning and possibly through Monday if needed.

I think JP said trial will be delayed by a half day to three days?

A new batch of fifty potential jurors will be brought in tomorrow morning and possibly through Monday if needed.

Allof them?
So they are back to staring at 0?

I find it to be somewhat fasinating IMO. The part that is going to bore me a bit will be the closing statements on both sides.

That is one of the parts I'm looking forward to. I'm not paying that much attention to jury selection. I'll be more interested in the jury's reaction when they see all the evidence.

A potential tainted jury already. This is really bad for the ones who are on standby because they are using up time, gas, money, they are not getting paid for. I think this is going to make them rethink the hardship and start dropping out. If memory serves you don't get paid until you are on the actual jury. I think the judge said that they would get a phone call when they have to come back for voir dire.

http://www.juryblog.com/statutes/

3)(a) Jurors who are regularly employed and who continue to receive regular wages while serving as a juror are not entitled to receive compensation from the state for the first 3 days of juror service. (b) Jurors who are not regularly employed or who do not continue to receive regular wages while serving as a juror are entitled to receive $15 per day for the first 3 days of juror service.

JP wanted this trial to start by the 16th I knew that would be difficult, he is even making potential jurors come in on Saturday if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff