17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first post, so I want to make it clear this is inference, but I hope it's not considered wild speculation. I just keep wondering why no one in the news is pointing out that the gun used in this case (a Kel Tec PF 9) is one that is noted for serious recoil. I'm sort of hoping that if an arrest is possibly today if it won't be brought up, but I sort of doubt it.

Here is a video popular on You Tube that shows the recoil issue with the Kel Tec 9 mm in slow motion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98U1c5tJzqg"]Kel-tec PF-9 Recoil Demonstration & Failure to Eject - YouTube[/ame]

Here is an article stating this the gun used in the Martin case.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...in-shooting-students-20120319,0,7100977.story

The reason I bring it up is that if you have spent time in a gun range you see injuries as those mentioned by Zimmerman often, especially if the gun in question is a "barker", or has a strong recoil. If the shooter doesn't hold the gun correctly it literally flies up hitting the shooter in the face, and often knocks the individual to the ground. (Hard!) Recoil accidents are more common than I guess most people realize.

This is another popular video off Youtube with a random bad stance (and nervous) shooter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP-QYFjk0T8"]Woman hit in face by gun recoil LOL! - YouTube[/ame]

I'm surprised with all the coverage, and taking time to look at the videos and audio of the case no has even mentioned recoil as a possibility in regards to the shooter's injury. I'm not saying he wasn't attacked, or that I know what happened, it's just strange no one is bringing up what seems like a good question regarding the gun used.

If this isn't the right way to post I'm sorry in advance, but the media not mentioning the gun issue or really any of the hard evidence either way is sort of frustrating.

I seriously doubt it. NYS does not have SYG and GZ likes to tote his gun around. Plus, based on how NY embraced TM's family I doubt he would come here well not in NYC anyways...

He may feel most safe in the Sanford PD....^i^

Carrying over a question from the other thread.

Does anyone have a source for TM's drug test results?

Smelly Squirrel, I made the mistaken post that TM's tox screen results were public knowledge and I retracted that post. Didn't delete it but apologized for posting incorrect info.

That's what I like to hear! Peaceful vigils! My heart is with Trayvon's family to night! They did what any parent would have done in their shoes and they did it will dignity and class.

Isn't that something about dignity and class? It can't be bought. I don't think TM's parents have gone past maybe 1 year of college however they have class. Look at GZ's attorneys' behavior yesterday. All of that education and foufou stuff means nothing. They are such low class individuals.. a total turnoff

:tears:No one should ever have to think of their child in a body bag.
It hits to the depth of ones soul. I cry.

Hi,

This is my first post, so I want to make it clear this is inference, but I hope it's not considered wild speculation. I just keep wondering why no one in the news is pointing out that the gun used in this case (a Kel Tec PF 9) is one that is noted for serious recoil. I'm sort of hoping that if an arrest is possibly today if it won't be brought up, but I sort of doubt it.

Here is a video popular on You Tube that shows the recoil issue with the Kel Tec 9 mm in slow motion.

Kel-tec PF-9 Recoil Demonstration & Failure to Eject - YouTube

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...in-shooting-students-20120319,0,7100977.story

The reason I bring it up is that if you have spent time in a gun range you see injuries as those mentioned by Zimmerman often, especially if the gun in question is a "barker", or has a strong recoil. If the shooter doesn't hold the gun correctly it literally flies up hitting the shooter in the face, and often knocks the individual to the ground. (Hard!) Recoil accidents are more common than I guess most people realize.

This is another popular video off Youtube with a random bad stance (and nervous) shooter.

Woman hit in face by gun recoil LOL! - YouTube

I'm surprised with all the coverage, and taking time to look at the videos and audio of the case no has even mentioned recoil as a possibility in regards to the shooter's injury. I'm not saying he wasn't attacked, or that I know what happened, it's just strange no one is bringing up what seems like a good question regarding the gun used.

If this isn't the right way to post I'm sorry in advance, but the media not mentioning the gun issue or really any of the hard evidence either way is sort of frustrating.

wow, thank you for that info. we havent talked about it cause we had no idea, I wager!

Hi,

Your doing great ! :welcome4:

Hi,

I brought that up earlier and was shoo shooed! Doesn't sound like a very good gun. I think he shot from a distance, the recoil popped his nose and he fell backward hitting his head against a tree or waste receptacle (there was a large, tall green one along the walk way in one of the pics of the area).

How many of you think that KC feels like Velma Kelly from the play Chicago? All eyes used to be on her at one time but now even her attorney has his eyes on another hot story. There will always be another sensational murder story.

Hi,

:welcome:

Great post!!

Jeff Ashton‏@ElectJeffAshtonReply
Retweet

I will be on Dr. Drew on HLN at 9pm and WKMG 6 & CFNEWS 13 after the Angela Corey news conference at 6pm

once GZ is charged, the defense can file for the charges to be dismissed under this statue, they will then go before a judge and the defense will attempt to prove their case, this is one part of our justice system where the weight is on the defense to prove it was self defense or syg law. the judge can agree with the defense and dismiss the charges, this doesn't stop the procescutor can appeal that decision if that happens.

Did I hear the two clown attorneys that used to represent GZ say this morning or afternoon that they have received new information to the case that has made them see the case differently? Did I misunderstand them?

According to CNN/HLN, Bourbon is the drink of the day ;)

Lolol! My pain meds kind of kicked in during that part and the last i remember is the bourbon talk and Manson's possible love child (who looks so similar to a young Manson its scary) and I woke up some time after the parents had spoken. Now I'm at work so will hang out with y'all here and read with you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I would imagine that you can since a gun in the hands of a 10 yr old kid will kill you just as dead as it will in the hands of a 50 yr old, but it turns things on their head when the kid is 17 and unarmed. IMO JMHO and stuff.

Yes of course a gun in a kids' hands is justified but can you attack a minor with no cause and then state that you were in fear of your life? Does the fact that he is a minor create an exception since this law was created to protect yourself from harm not cause harm to an underage person and then use the law to your benefit.

Lolol! My pain meds kind of kicked in during that part and the last i remember is the bourbon talk and Manson's possible love child (who looks so similar to a young Manson its scary) and I woke up some time after the parents had spoken. Now I'm at work so will hang out with y'all here and read with you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Wow, if that is not Manson's kid I don't what other serial killer he belongs to. Scary. Same eyes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77