GUILTY CA - Gavin Smith, 57, Oak Park, 1 May 2012

I'm not crazy about every record that is public. I don't like anyone being able to go online and finding out my home address from the tax and appraisal records. Unfortunately some of us have relatives we wish to leave in the past and never find us again.

Yeah, some LE friends have had to buy their house under a LLP or something like that to hide where they live. I have thought about that too.

Yeah, some LE friends have had to buy their house under a LLP or something like that to hide where they live. I have thought about that too.

I kind of wish we had done the same thing. I just didn't think about it when we bought our house. Hopefully people I don't want to find me won't think to look there. LOL :please:

Looked up property records for the Creech home at the LA County Assessor's office. Oddly enough, the property records for 8620 Santa Susana Pl (as well as other nearby homes) are stored at the Assessor's North District Office located in Sylmar, CA. Link

It has been a long time since any real news has come out. I sure hope some news station in LA covers the Creech court date and lets the public know something.

I am really kind of surprised that photos of Gavin at the convention have not surfaced. There are usually tons of pictures taken at those events, you would think he would be in at least one of them.

IMO unless something useful concerning Gavin comes out of John Creech's hearing, I really think this is going to be a cold case. It has been nearly 3 months since he disappeared and not one useful lead that we have heard about, other than the Creech connection.

I want to hear about interviews with him and Chandrika. I want to see his cell history for the month of April. I want to hear from the friend who he was staying with.

There is just nothing coming forward in the media about him. It's frustrating.

Today's the big day! John Creech's new sentencing hearing! I can't find the post about it ATM, but I think it was set for 8:30 PT this am? I'll look it up in a bit and post. Hopefully, media does cover it. I don't think the case is cold, but I do think LE wanted more time to investigate and hopefully find Gavin prior to filing any charges.

John's birthday was 7/22. Last I checked, he still couldn't have visitors...

Yes, it was at 8:30 so it should be starting any minute now. I am thinking it is going to be a very fast hearing. I do hope we find out something, but I doubt it since he hasn't been charged with anything related to Gavin's disappearance…that we have heard.

It really is quite unusual for nothing to come out about the Creechs. You would think the media would at least post pictures of John and Chandrika.

What is going on with him already? Why does this guy keep getting the delays?

It could be any number of things, I suppose.

A friend of a friend went to court yesterday (lasd also). His next appearance is 8/6, but I know from my friend who attended that there is a specific reason in that case (awaiting an evaluation and report).

~jmo~

:wagon:

Welcome to the forum, Beastman! Did you see that in an article, on the news...? If so, please post the link for us. Thanks!

Seems pretty unusual for an attorney to ask for more time at a sentencing hearing where the defendant has pled guilty/no contest, and for a judge to push back sentencing due to a request like that...?? :waitasec:

ETA: found related link. Posting below.

Creech's attorney sought the latest continuance in order to give Glendale Police time to respond to a demand for documents.

The nature of the documents was not revealed in open court. Judge Klein referred to a need for "confidentiality" regarding issues that had been discussed in chambers in June.
. Link

According to NBC4, sheriff's search warrant affidavit and return for the Creech house have been sealed...
link

This is the first I've seen that the search warrant return was also sealed. Logical, but I hadn't seen it before. The search warrant return is the inventory of what property was seized. Here's a copy of the CA Superior Court Return form.

Ok, here's my own, current theory. It may be completely incorrect or change over time with more info. I'll need to do some more research to determine if it's even possible.

Anyway, I'm thinking that John pled the six charges down to one, perhaps with reduced sentencing recommendations on that one, by cooperating with LE as a CI. I think LE could get some valuable info re: both drug producers and dealers, since John was their middle man.

Once LE began to suspect Creech was involved in Gavin's case, as evidenced by two sealed search warrants at the Creech home for an unspecified felony related to Gavin's disappearance, I think they want to rescind the plea deal. Idk if they want to retry him on all six charges now, or if they just want to forego any specific sentencing aspects reached in said hypothetical deal. (If they think they're successfully building another felony case against Creech related to Gavin, I don't know that that'd want to spend time retrying him on the other five charges??)

My theory is Teola wants access to any related court cases/convictions as a result of any information Creech supplied that aided LE in successful apprehension and prosecution of others to try to hold the prosecution to the original deal.

I'm thinking the sealed docs and judge's reference to "confidentiality" relates to everyone wanting to keep John's role as an informant under wraps, as well as LE not wanting to show their hand yet re: what they have in Gavin's case.

Just my :twocents:

I think it'd be awesome if any of John's nefarious connections have any knowledge re: his potential involvement in Gavin's disappearance, and they realize he's rolled, they give up that info and/or Gavin's location.

Hoping his family has answers soon.

It also doesn't look good if LE was using someone as an informant who then commits crimes while doing so. Not that that would be LE's fault.

We had a man here in CO who was working with LE while also committing several murders. http://scottleekimball.com/

I wonder about these therapy sessions. I think we have all heard how group therapy sessions can sometimes end up being places where things actually get worse...for example: sex addicts meet new sex partners, drug addicts find new friends to hook them up, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back