GUILTY MS - Linda Reed for embezzlement, Copiah County, 2012

I can't pull up the map but the only survellance footage is from the south corner of property. At 7:51 Pam it was still light outside. Not long after that it was dark and you can't discern the vehicles or where they where coming from. Also the property is completely fenced in with the one gate opening to hey 51. There is a large gap back near Linda's mobile home that someone could easily slide under. Hope this clears it up.

Also, we gave a copy of the surveillance footage to FBI hoping they could enhance the night footage. The local LE where given a copy as well however they didn't bother to forward it to the FBI. But we did. Still praying it can provide any clues.

Has the business ever made a formal apology or retraction of their accusations against Linda re: money? If I was her family I would consider suing their pants off- it seriously derailed the initial investigation at worst- at best it damaged her reputation.

Checking in to bump for Linda. Ugh. Still nothing I see.

Maybe I need to go back and refresh my memory, but those latex gloves being found in Linda's mobile home just keep nagging at me.

Just a few of the questions that keep going over in my head:

Did someone show up at her place that night and do something to her then go through her computer to get or to delete information?
Was this someone supposed to meet her, and that's why she wanted the gate left open? Or did they just know she would be there with the gate open, so they took the opportunity?
Could this have been one of her clients and there was information on her computer that they didn't want on there and removed or covered up in some way?

FindLinda, do you know if the FBI has done a forensics examination of her computer?

IIRC, the mobile home or her car wasn't processed by LE as a crime scene. Linda was accused of taking money when there's no money missing then they didn't even bother to correct that misinformation to the public. I'm sure the list goes on, it just makes me :furious: The negligent and inept handling of this case is absolutely outrageous and so completely wrong. The family has every reason to contact the state police with a complaint and request for their help. That's jmo, but I can't believe they would not try to do something.

At the least, LE could get prints from those gloves. Period!!! Were they Linda's or WHO's? Nothing from LE....just sad. It appears we have a real life Barney Fife....and garden party only reporters. There IS a case here .....whether she's in danger or a planned leave. There is a story to be told. IMO

I hate to keep updating with no new info. but that's all I have. VERY FRUSTRATED!

I can only imagine your frustration
Linda is lucky to have you on her side

Thank you for any and all updates

This Copiah County Sheriff's dept. appears to be incontrovertibly negligent and incompetent. A crying shame that some LE has such a unique ability to forget who they are working for - The People. Which in this case includes Linda Reed and her family. Good thing they aren't my employees, I would fire them on the spot with no benefits, and do everything I could to make sure they didn't draw a dime of unemployment benefits.
I would, however, not mind showing some compassion in directing them to the nearest soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Simply put, they need to be put in their place, as they don't seem to know what their place is - that of Public Servants. Yes, these inept, possibly even corrupt 'Public Servants' don't exactly set well with me. :banghead:

http://www.wlbt.com/story/19825716/missing-copiah-co-woman-wanted-for-embezzlement

WTH? Something just isn't sitting right with me on this. I smell something and I hope I'm wrong.

Does it take almost 4 months to do a audit and how do they know it wasn't someone else that was taking "petty cash" and that person did something to Linda to make it look like it was her?

Whatever it is, the better outcome would be that she is alive and well somewhere and I hope that is the case for her loved ones.

BTW - After what I've seen so far with how this was handled, I don't trust the source of information.

An elderly woman that has been missing is now wanted on criminal charges. It's been nearly 6 months since Linda Reed disappeared in Copiah county. Police are now changing it from a missing persons case to a case of embezzlement.

Authorities say the investigation has revealed a tremendous amount of money missing from the petty cash fund of the business where Reed was employed.
http://www.fox40tv.com/news/local/s...nted-for-Criminal/EvxZ5V9--ke06ORJoaV-dQ.cspx

also says other funds are missing

Jones said audits are ongoing into her financial dealings as the bookkeeper for Moore Fabrications, but that the initial charges are based on money missing from the petty cash. The night she disappeared, coworkers said Reed went to Walmart, and was never seen again. The next day, her vehicle, a GMC Envoy, was found deep in the woods. Some reading glasses, her cell phone, a blanket, and her keys were found not far from the vehicle.

Just last week, Reed's trailer could be seen to have been moved off Moore Fabrications' property.

Family members have denied throughout the investigation that Reed would have left her husband and her elderly mother, both of whom were dependent upon her for income and health assistance.

A press conference will be held at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday to discuss further details, Jones said
http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...an-now-wanted-by-authorities?odyssey=nav|head

Family does not believe this. The audit was done by a friend of Mr. Moore. I just spoke with investigater who told me that this was not an audit by law enforcement but chargers were filed by Moore based on Moore's hired CPA. I personally feel an audit should be done by someone totally independent from that company. Say FBI! I don't understand how the owner could stand face to face with Linda's husband two weeks ago and say ha audit was complete and there want a single penny missing and now this. Also spoke two LE a week ago who stood face to face with Linda's son and still said no missing money. Now this. What or who would you believe? Please tell me......also found informant"informant" at the Clarion Liar Therese Apel used was Moore's wife. REALLY?????I for one will continue to stand by my belief that Linda is being used as a scape goat and whomever is responsible for any (if any) missing money is responsible for Linda's disappearance. Sorry for the rant just fed up and trying to defend someone who is not here to defend themselves.

Whatever has happened, Linda needs to be found. Then we can work on everything else. Linda has family and friends that love and miss her and want her home.
We need law enforcement to help find her!

Something doesn't sound right

Maybe today there will be more information

He said an initial audit showed a “tremendous amount” of money is missing from the petty cash fund. Lou Reed said it’s hard for him to believe that Linda Reed took a tremendous amount of money from anywhere. He said the couple lived modestly, but he also said he was told by Moore’s Fabrications owner Shannon Moore in a fairly recent conversation that there was no money missing. “He told me Labor Day, ‘Lou, I’m so sorry, we have found no missing money or anything like that,’” he said. “Like he was saying she was innocent, that he hadn’t found one thing. Surely they didn’t just come up with this in the last couple of days.”

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20121016/NEWS/310160030/?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|NEWS

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back