Today is the day (10/14/08) the Grand Jury Meets! # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting any work done today, I sure hope they hurry!

Thanks Ms. Patty:) I just have to feel that what ever evidence they present has to be REALLY compelling. Only six witnesses??? Lawdy...remember how many they have called in the Stacy P. case???
:eek:

If I was GA, I would move out of the house. Cindy will verbally abuse him for sure now.......IMO, living there would be pure H#!!.........know what I mean? Anyone know if Lee was called in to GJ?

From the Orlando Sentinel today:

"They are allowed to ask witnesses questions and, if needed, ask to hear from specific witnesses. However, the state cannot force Casey Anthony to testify if she doesn't volunteer, and prosecutors must also question any witnesses who can offer evidence that could clear Anthony."

I believe they are wrong on this. I have been on a GJ and I NEVER heard any evidence but the evidence of the crime. There was never any evidence which would give any doubt.

Someone in the media does not know what they are talking about, or has been listening to the defense for some of it's ramblings.

Is Yuri testifying today? If not, sure wish he would drop by and give us his opinion on all this :D HIS opinion as a person not as LE LOL

Baez spokesman issues statement
11:50 a.m. The spokesman representing defense attorney Jose Baez issued a statement this morning accusing State Attorney Lawson Lamar of using Casey Anthony's case for his political benefit.

"Lawson Lamar has allowed authorities to let any real search fall by the wayside, to let his fight to keep his political office benefit from being placed on the front burner," the faxed statement from Todd Black said.

"THE TRUTH IS -- there's no time limit on bringing murder charges against any suspected offender. But, there is a limit on how much time Lawson Lamar has to impress voters, and, sadly, it is less impressive for him to deliver a missing child alive, or he would DEMAND that law enforcement keep investigating," the statement said.

"What Lawson Lamar has chosen to do is commercialize Ms. Anthony's missing daughter, Caylee, as the 'perfect springboard' to squeeze out his re-election. HIS TIME LIMIT ….the November elections!"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony101408,0,6776908.story

Just in case it hasn't been posted and anyone wants to see it,

here is the Oath to which the grand Jury is sworn in Florida:

905.10 Oath of grand jurors.--The clerk shall prepare a list of the names of the grand jurors. After the jury is impaneled, the following oath shall be administered to the jurors:

"You, as grand jurors for _____ County do solemnly swear (or affirm) that you will diligently inquire into all matters put in your charge and you will make true presentments of your findings; unless ordered by a court, you will not disclose the nature or substance of the deliberations of the grand jury, the nature or substance of any testimony or other evidence, the vote of the grand jury, or the statements of the state attorney; you shall not make a presentment against a person because of envy, hatred, or malice, and you shall not fail to make a presentment against a person because of love, fear, or reward. So help you God."

CaseyAttorney101408.jpg

The prayer thing for 11:00 - Cindy arrived at Baez office at almost 11:00 with KC. I am thinking they are meeting trying to cut a deal before the GJ hands down their indictment.

It has been noted that the pants CA found in the car, and washed, were pinstriped!

The BIG question is, is this an outfit that she bought at Target with the money that she stole from her "best friend"? Of which she pled "not guilty", while she was caught on camera.

FBI agent testifies 12:05 p.m. The third person to testify before the grand jury late this morning was FBI Agent Nick Savage.

He recently left the courtroom with prosecutors as they adjourned for lunch.

They will reconvene at 1 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member