OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
January 12, 2009
Still waiting on DNA
Filed under: A Beautiful Child — Tags: a beautiful child, franklin floyd, matt birkbeck, National center for missing & exploited children, sharon marshall — admin @ 12:41 pm
Just heard from Gerry Nance at the NCMEC and there’s still no word on Christina Carter’s DNA test. Thought we’d have something by now but as I stated before this is such an excrutiating process. I’ll post again as soon as I hear more.

http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/

This is from Matt B. Blog and looks like we still wll wait.........

Out of all the different missing girl's DNA that has been tested against Sharon's I have the best feeling about Christina. The timing is perfect, the circumstances fit and most of all her appearence is similar. I am so sick of waiting to find out! It seems like it is taking a really looooong time.

i think they know more than they are saying maybe about the dna? or maybe it really is taking this long.

I should think that if this is a match the family can request no information to be given ,and FDF would be answering alot of question! LE would be on this so quick as there might be questions for Dial.
Then again I still do not see why this is takeing so long,solveing the idenity and the pain the family would go through knowing what happened would be alot to bare with out dealing with the Public.
This is Karen Lynn Tompkins that diappered in 1961 California the thread is here at WS
some have speculated that this was a possable match for the Mother of Sharon Marshall.
This may seem far out there.Only FDF was in her area at the time he was said to have been on a camping trip with a friend FDF served time at Preston Youth Camp Chino California.
Karen Lynn Tompkins,11,abducted 08/18/61 Torrance CA - Websleuths ...
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ins_karen.html

Floyd at the time of Karens disappering had violated his probation by takeing a camping trip with a friend.

Hello! I'm new to Websleuth's, but I came here specifically for research on Sharon Marshall. I was quite suprised to find so many big hearts on this subject....her story has haunted me since I first saw it on Unsolved Mysteries, and I could no longer just think about it. I forgot which show I first saw it on, so for weeks I have been researching different websites until I found it on U.M. I decided I wanted to research it, and when I came across Christina Carter's picture on the NCMEC I thought it was a dead ringer.

I wanted to find out where I could turn too to pass this infor along, and I found you all on Websleuth's. I have read many of the threads, I have yet to read the book but plan to look for it at the library.
I know that you all are looking into the possible link for these two girls.

Has there been any new yet on the DNA matches?
Thanks!:rolleyes:

Firekracker

Hello! I'm new to Websleuth's, but I came here specifically for research on Sharon Marshall. I was quite suprised to find so many big hearts on this subject....her story has haunted me since I first saw it on Unsolved Mysteries, and I could no longer just think about it. I forgot which show I first saw it on, so for weeks I have been researching different websites until I found it on U.M. I decided I wanted to research it, and when I came across Christina Carter's picture on the NCMEC I thought it was a dead ringer.

I wanted to find out where I could turn too to pass this infor along, and I found you all on Websleuth's. I have read many of the threads, I have yet to read the book but plan to look for it at the library.
I know that you all are looking into the possible link for these two girls.

Has there been any new yet on the DNA matches?
Thanks!:rolleyes:

Firekracker

This is one of the stories that brought me to WEBSLEUTH'S as well....

here are some sources for a used copy ...
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/used/productMatches.asp?PEAN=9780425204405&

perhaps you could purchase a used one to read till you get a new copy?
I usually do that ...
there is a MYSPACe page for her and numerous webpages here and there...
Someday perhaps her daughter who was given up for adoption will come on this thread for Sharon?
I am hoping so...:)

Hello Firekracker,

The Sharon Marshall story also brought me to websleuths. I have the book if you would like me to send it you, you can PM me. My friend actually knew how I was "absorbed" in the who case so she went onto Amazon and bought me the book. It's very informative, sad and unbelieveable that Floyd put her though that type of lifestyle..(something you see in the movies). I am hoping that we hear back from Christina Carter's family soon to see if their was a DNA match. Martilee (a member of websleuths) is a relative of Christina and she hasn't posted in a few months.

chaddylex

Age discrepancies? THIS WAS POSTED LAST YEAR BY A MEMBER OF WS...I AGREE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't read the book, but read all the threads. Something that caught my eye was the discrepancies in Sharon's age.

Her birthdate was supposed to be Oct? 1967. (I realize this is probably made up from a tombstone a name was taken from, but bear with me...)

She was enrolled in first grade? in 1975. That would make her almost 8 years old.

She then gave birth in 1988 at the age of 17. That would place her birth at 1970, 1971.

That's a difference of 3 to 4 years. I can see how it wouldn't be so noticable later in life, but there is a big difference between say a 5 year old vs. an 8 year old, especially to the trained eyes of school faculty, who deal with kids all day, every day.

I had a theory last night before I got finished with the threads today and read about Christine Carter. I think there is a high possibility Sharon was with a good mother, the mother was killed, and Sharon was kidnapped. The reason so many years have gone by with no connection may be because even though woman is killed and child is missing, child is presumed dead, and everyone 'knows' who killed the mother. I just don't think she was sold. Considering everything she went through, she still seems, from all that I have read, reasonably well-adjusted. Michael, on the other hand, having been raised from birth with sicko Floyd, was pretty messed up by the time he made it to foster care. I just don't think Sharon would have coped as well as she did without some kind of stable foundation. I was going to suggest looking into cases where both mothers and small daughters disappeared, and daughter was never found.

I don't know if Christine will turn out to be Sharon, but I see a resemblance, and if not, I still think if her identity is ever found, it will turn out to be something like this. I think Floyd either killed her mother himself, or knew for a fact she was dead.

Lanie

Thanks for the welcom'e Chaddylex and Websurfer Today I went to the library only to find that there is only one copy in our county, and it was in lakeport, so I requested it. I have a feeling that I will need to buy a copy though, for reference. After reading some of these posts, I find it noticable that during the time Floyd is unaccounted for, there are little girls who turn up abducted or murdered. Like in '61, when he was supposedly camping...and when he was seen in Connecticut at his sister's house (Janice Pockett missing around same time)...
I also wonder if there is a link between him and David Dial and the Alphabet murder's in Rochester between '71 and '73. Franklin Floyd (FF), David Dial (DD), Wanda Walkowicz (WW), Carmen Colon (CC), Michele Maenza (MM), and now the link to Christina Carter (CC). I noticed that in "71 Floyd was incarcerated...and since I haven't read the book, what was David Dial doing during this time?
I suspect that Floyd is responsible for more missing little girls and young women, and possible boys too, than anybody can guess, and this guy got around quite a bit.
Was David Dial a pedophile?

Tuffy101, you wrote: "Considering everything she went through, she still seems, from all that I have read, reasonably well-adjusted. Michael, on the other hand, having been raised from birth with sicko Floyd, was pretty messed up by the time he made it to foster care. "

I agree, and I also believe that poor little Michael witnesses the beating and killing and dumping of Cheryl Commesso. I also have a feeling that Sharon was not hit by a car, but probably beat severely and dumped in the road to make it look like an accident, and that Floyd later returned to the hospital to finish the job, and poor Michael was witness to these as well, which is why Franklin had to take him out of the picture, he was a witness to both murders.
Interesting how Cherly Commesso's initials are also the same (CC), as I mentioned in my previous post, it's an interesting speculation.

I'll just bet that Cheryl figured out something about Sharon being Franks daughter/wife, that she was abducted, and was trying to convince Sharon that it was time to get away from the sick perv, that there were options for her and Michael that didn';t include Frank, and when Frank found out, he made her pay dearly....

I wish they would just give him sodium pentathol and extract the truth! Why should the criminals have all the rights?

Michael according to the Beans his foster parents Michael was starting to talk and remember things...that is from Unsolved mysterys episoed. so that makes sence what dosent make sence as Michael had no security and FLOYD knew right where he was.
I have the Autopsy report and there was not very much bursieing and it was inconclusive as to cause of death.
Court TV tapeing and Fbi agent stated that there was not enough body damage when she was brought to the Hospital.

Tuffy101, you wrote: "Considering everything she went through, she still seems, from all that I have read, reasonably well-adjusted. Michael, on the other hand, having been raised from birth with sicko Floyd, was pretty messed up by the time he made it to foster care. "

I agree, and I also believe that poor little Michael witnesses the beating and killing and dumping of Cheryl Commesso. I also have a feeling that Sharon was not hit by a car, but probably beat severely and dumped in the road to make it look like an accident, and that Floyd later returned to the hospital to finish the job, and poor Michael was witness to these as well, which is why Franklin had to take him out of the picture, he was a witness to both murders.
Interesting how Cherly Commesso's initials are also the same (CC), as I mentioned in my previous post, it's an interesting speculation.

I'll just bet that Cheryl figured out something about Sharon being Franks daughter/wife, that she was abducted, and was trying to convince Sharon that it was time to get away from the sick perv, that there were options for her and Michael that didn';t include Frank, and when Frank found out, he made her pay dearly....

I wish they would just give him sodium pentathol and extract the truth! Why should the criminals have all the rights?

The compare between Christina Carter and Sharon Marshall.....I just cant see that the Photo of Sharon (age 6) and Christina (age 9 ) needs any....
research ...does it just stop BECAUSE there is a DNA study being done...? While WS waits
for someone to tell us it is not a match ?.......What ever suggestions I have ever made are regarded as a spoof (SLY) and not even considered to be looked into.....because of background gossip .....Thats enough to make anyones head hurt.....
even I can see that a nine year old and six year old look nothing alike....then again nothing I say is believed or considered...
Maybe this is just a coffee clutch .....people drop by for news and never look past their cup..... an ostracize the people that have and or doing research.
Oh ! Well ! everyone is entitled to their own thoughts....
In the mean time I will try and to put up some more .....Even thou there are those that believe
I posted Photos here on WS that was not Sharon Marshall .......all of which I had gotten from Court TV and Unsolved Mysterys.

You-Tube....http://www.youtube.com/jeanneanne101

Hey Tuffy101!

I haven't stopped "looking", I just haven't found anything to post.

I am not sure what background gossip you refer to- and I don't think any of your suggestions are spoof. I'm happy to see you here! :blowkiss:

I can't remember if I've seen a photo of Christina Carter, if you know where one is posted and direct me to it, I could refresh my memory. TIA!

CHRISTINA LYNN CARTER Age Progression
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: May 29, 1970 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 17, 1973 Race: White
Age Now: 38 Height: 3'2" (97 cm)
Missing City: HUEYTOWN Weight: 30 lbs (14 kg)
Missing State : AL Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1084835

Circumstances: Christina's photo is shown age-processed to 38 years. She was last seen on September 17, 1973. Her nickname is Christy.
go to the link with photos to conpair
http://www.youtube.com/jeanneanne101

Thanks Tuffy! In your video, all the photos are of Sharon, is that right?

The age progression of Christina bears some resemblence to Sharon, IMO, but I'm the first to admit that my eyes aren't always too good in this type of thing.

Do you have any theories on how you believe that Floyd obtained Sharon? I tend to think he picked up a young woman and child and did away with the young woman/mother of Sharon at some point. I'm going to have to read back in the archives to refresh my memory. :blowkiss:

Thanks for the photo links! (Your video is great!)

FWIW, I do see some resemblence between Christina Carter and Sharon. The age progressed of Christina is to her current age, not the age Sharon was when she passed. I'd like to see someone who is good at playing around with the age progressions do one for Christina as a teenager. Though, it is also my opinion Christinas family should have a say in whether or not they wish to pursue such an idea.

Tuffy, I am sorry you feel your posts are neglected or not taken seriously. I read and appreciate all of them all, but often have nothing to share. The old SM forum was closed before I became a member here.....

jmo

Cubby

Hey!Havent talk to you in awhile....
I did not mean to sound so harsh just to let WS know I was aware of the talk...I got an IM about it....
Oh ! well ! dont matter anyway...I must have been haveing a moment.
I have found someone that can progress as well as my own program .
I havent worked out all the program...progresson as a teenager is something I will work on.
This is a good idea thank you for saying that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68