MO MO - Dana Bruce, 23, Sedalia, 4 Oct 2008

This can be ruled out for sure. It was a homeless man that was camping and a tree limb fell and killed him from what I can remember. (the second one, anyways. I don't know about the first one.)

I think the skull and the man in the make-shift tent are the same person. they were found in the same area both under a blue tarp. I think conflicting reports coming out made it seem like two seperate people had been found. I could be wrong.

You are right - they believe the man was homeless and died when a tree limb fell on him.

Does anyone know what's behind the drama behind the local paper and the below linked site?

http://www.finddanabruce.com/The_Real_Truth.php

The Real Truth

The Find Dana Bruce Website was set up by a concerned citizen for others in the community and across the country to keep the story of Dana Bruce at the forefront ..

This site was set up for the main purpose to give an information number to call in tips to Sedalia Missouri Police Detectives, offer information on events and updates, links to other useful websites such as TES, to make the public aware that there is a REWARD being offered for information that results in a conviction of the party involved, folks to share memories and photos of Dana Bruce if they wish, and a discussion area to hopefully find answers with the end results of finding Dana Bruce ..

The Sedalia News Journal has done a disservice to this community conducting themselves in the manner in which they have and continue to do so ..(much more at the link)

Not sure what is going on, but I do have friends in Sedalia. It is a fairly small town. I will see what I can find out, if anything.

Too many missing... I hope they find Dana soon

Missing Mom Not Forgotten

Despite her absence, friends and family gathered Friday at Liberty Park to celebrate Dana Bruce's twenty-fourth birthday.

It's been nine months since Dana Bruce of Sedalia went missing. People promise to never forget this young mother of two.
She has two kids; 2-year-old Destiny and 3-year-old Dylan. They have only one message for their mom; "We miss you mom. Come home."

http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/65efb1c7-80ce-0971-000f-a16bc0d62800

Mom vanishes while pursuing divorce; foul play suspected

(CNN) -- Renee Pernice, a 35-year-old mother of two young children, vanished from her home in Kansas City, Missouri, shortly after New Year's this year. She hasn't been heard from since.
art.pernice.kctv.jpg
Renee Pernice is pictured here with her two sons and husband, Shon.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Police believe foul play is involved, yet they have not found her body. No one has been arrested in the case.
Police have not named her husband, Shon Pernice, as a person of interest or a suspect in the case. However, "he's the last known person to see her alive," said Doug Niemeier, a sergeant with the Kansas City Police Department.
Six months after Renee Pernice disappeared, police say they still have questions about her husband in the days after her disappearance, including why he allegedly accessed a local fire department's hazardous materials building around 4:30 a.m. January 3.
"It should be noted that multiple types of cleaners, solvents and cleaning supplies are stored at Station #5," a police affidavit says.
Attorneys for Shon Pernice declined to comment for this story. Police and family say Renee was pursuing a divorce around the time she disappeared.

More at link
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/08/grace.coldcase.pernice/index.html

Been almost a year since any posts... can't find anything new on MSM :( Poor kids

I wonder if they ever found that guy in the red pickup truck? I read they found a POI but I am not sure if that is the guy in pickup truck. If so, why did they not release the info of where he brought her or last seen her? Even though he might lie about this, LE usually makes this public so people know where to search. So maybe the POI is not the guy in the red pickup truck? From reading the articles many people also seem suspicious of the father of her children who was later arrested for armed robbery.

The comment of her sister on this page is kinda cryptic but shows that the family suspects that she was killed: http://www.myspace.com/prayersfordana/comments

Still searching for Dana Bruce eight years later

http://sedaliademocrat.com/news/17139/still-searching-for-dana-bruce-eight-years-later

Today marks the eight-year anniversary of the disappearance of Sedalian Dana Bruce, who went missing Oct. 4, 2008. Family and close friends gathered Sunday evening for a balloon release that wasn’t just to honor Bruce, but to hopefully encourage someone to come forward with information.

“We’re hoping if people see this on the social media that somebody might come forward,” Uplinger said. “Somebody might say something. Somebody saw something, they just won’t say anything. … People have been calling (the Sedalia Police Department), telling them this or that, but nothing ever pans out, they can’t get enough evidence, or whatever’s told to them is not true.”

SPD Detective Travis St. Cyr is assigned to handle any new tips that come in regarding Bruce’s disappearance. Despite how long it’s been since she went missing, he said SPD still receives calls.

“We do still get some new ones that come in. One recently took me to Springfield (a few months ago) to talk to people,” he said. “We are still getting some, and we follow up on every one that comes in. We haven’t gotten anything solid, still dead ends.”

Bumping. Dana's birthday has recently passed. She would be 36 years old.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back