CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foster Father Makes Plea For Missing Boy
Posted: 4:38 pm PDT August 13, 2009
Updated: 12:21 am PDT August 14, 2009
<snipped>
In an interview with KTVU, Ross said he believes someone took Hasanni and he had a message for them.

"Drop him off anywhere. My son he wouldn't realize; he wouldn't remember you,” said Ross. "People have come in and out of his life all his life. Drop him off, let him go, don't harm him. And you know what? I will leave it like that. The biggest thing I'm having a hard time with is I screwed up."

:angel:

Well, this trips me up. This seems to be something a parent would say when their child really does go missing. But, then there's this . . . .

An Oakland homicide detective has been assigned to the case of Hassani Campbell, the 5-year-old disabled Fremont boy who was reported missing Monday afternoon, police said.

The move came a day after Louis Ross, the boy's foster father, took a polygraph test.

Just sayin . . . . .

I never think about race at all. To me this is a precious small child who is missing and must be found.

As for the foster Dad Ross, I do not think of race in the least. No matter what color he is, I do not like or believe his convoluted story.

I think the cockiness is his persona.

There could have been an accident or negligence on Ross part and he is covering it up. If that is the case, he turned it into a worse case scenario than it had to be. I am just saying that I do not believe his story. It does not make sense. JMO

Could be a way to keep himself from crying in public, which many men are loathe to do.

I didn't see the interviews. Judging by the reports of the case, I think it is justified to suspect the parents, just by stats alone. At the same time, I have always been leery of flinging stones at someone already going through hell (if they are innocent). We have to keep both equally compelling priorities in mind, and try to proceed the best way we can walking that fine line. And, either way, be prepared to handle being wrong.

Bottom line: We all want Hassani safe and sound. I hope the dad is right, and Hassani is not scared... It's been so long... Never does the clock tick so loud and ominously as when a baby is missing.

Little kids can move so fast! Once I was at a park where a mother turned her back for just seconds and her app. 2 yr old got across one lane of traffic and was heading straight toward a moving bus-- luckily the driver saw him and someone grabbed the boy.

But Hassani had to watch his feet and concentrate while he walked, so he couldn't have gone too far on his own--besides, there would have been no options except for him to go either way on College Ave since the alley is small and appears to dead-end.

I checked Megan's List and there are quite a few child molesters in the vicinity...of course, one could just have been passing through and not necessarily live nearby.
http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/search_main.aspx?searchtype=address&lang=ENGLISH

I agree with you...I know Ross or Mr. Ross as we call him in class. He is very well-educated and would never hurt anyone, always been a gentleman. I truly hope they can prove him innocent.

he's not a medical assistant yet...he's a student. he was an engineer and got laid-off and went back to school to support his family. I know this because he was in my class and I believe he's innocent and he can never harm anyone especially not his "son"

Thank you for your input, jericai. Is there anything else you could tell us about Mr. Ross? I saw his interview last night on Nancy Grace and have to say that I thought his explanation sounded pretty credible.

I'm new to this site but I live in Ardenwood on the other side of the Karl Nordvik Park from Hassani's house. His house is about a 2 minute walk from my house. I saw the park search and dogs. Yesterday they were searching Coyote Hills Park. This is an enormous reserve but there is a security camera on the front gate that would deter someone from driving in. I don't think the camera works but it is new and would deter someone. (I'm a member of East Bay Parks and they are trying to get people to pay the entry fee with the camera) It is marshland, dry grassy hills and shallow water. There are other means of accessing the park on foot but it would be difficult while carrying someone. It would be impossible to access the bay while carrying someone on foot unnoticed. There is a farm that is not being worked in front of Coyote Hills. There is also a quarry. My concern is Don Edwards reserve down the road 1 minute which has marshes, salt ponds, and a road all of the way down to a desolate fishing pier leading into the bay. There are no cameras and anyone can drive right in. The Ardenwood Farm is also located behind his house and while it has some deserted areas it is pretty well traveled and has fences. There are also a ton of shallow canals in the area, some empty land for sale, and empty office buildings. My heart aches for this little boy and I don't buy foster father's or mother's story at all. How could she not take a polygraph? Who leaves a small child outside a car in an alley in Oakland? Who is wearing a sweatsuit in August? This is definitely way too close to home.

It was in an article that had a link in a post on this thread. If I come across it, I'll post it again.

I hope this doesn't come out wrong but I'm curious.
IMO, Jennifer and Louis both speak with a slight foreign accent,yet have names like Campbell and Ross.
I know it doesn't mean anything, it just kinda struck me as strange, especially after finding a name linked to the house.
Look at the name under the pic.
And again I know it has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was interesting.

At the very least you'll see what this home sold for less than a year ago.
They were sitting on that same couch for their interview, right ?
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5997-Roxie-Ter-Fremont-CA-94555/25057465_zpid/

At first, I also noticed, or thought I noticed, slight accents; sometimes people from some Caribbean islands, or the Bahamas, have Anglo sounding last names. But in later interviews, they didn't seem to have any accent at all.

Fremont, CA has a very large Indian and middle Eastern population-- I am assuming the Indian name connected with the house was the previous owner or the realtor and doesn't have anything to do with Ross or Campbell. If I read the link correctly.
Thanks for the link, it is interesting.

Ardenwood is almost entirely Indian and Asian. There are a few others but not many. I looked at the Zillow listing. I would say that there house worth has probably dropped 50k since they bought it. We bought 5 years ago so ours is still worth more than we paid but I can't imagine that their is. Also, Roxie Ter is a very small street so I can't imagine that no one would have recognized the children.

The homicide det. being assigned disturbs me too. We aren't talking about some tiny little locale where homicide is also sex crimes, missing kids and traffic.

They know something that we don't.

The homicide det. being assigned disturbs me too. We aren't talking about some tiny little locale where homicide is also sex crimes, missing kids and traffic.

They know something that we don't.

ITA. And landfills have been notified to keep an eye out for a body and the searches are focused near where Hassani lived or wherever the foster dad traveled to.

Has a timeline been pinned down for the day he went missing and maybe the prior day? I still would love to hear from someone that had actually seen Hassani in the few days prior to the "kidnapping"

Wasn't Hasanni seen at the junkyard Monday? Or was that mistaken reporting?

On the link I just posted, it has "language: n/a."

Do we have info on how well Hassani can speak or if he has any distinguishing speech impediments?

Reports in the media (that I read in a post on Websleuths) said he was seen in the car at the junkyard, but websleuthers have speculated otherwise, since reporting is not always accurate or reliable. We just don't know!

Hard to tell if he was actually seen or if the persons at the junkyard were merely told he was in the car.

Having very few facts, I am going to speculate for a moment.

It has been reported that they took evidence from the home...and here I speculate.
I am trying to think what they would have put in the warrant ( was there a warrant or did they release their belonging willingly?)
I would definitely have wanted the clothes that foster dad was wearing before he changed for class. And his shoes. Any reciepts for that day and probably about a week prior. recently worn clothing of Hassani's. Any paperwork for prescriptions or medical equipment for Hassani. Paper copies of work and class schedules. Computer hard drives. Address books. Cell phones. Cleaning items, such as sponges, sprays, bleach, brushes. Dirt scrapings from the garage or driveway floor. Any reciepts pertaining to vehicle care or maintenance. Carpet samples. Financial records. Toll reciepts (aren't there still toll roads in CA?)
I'm betting that whatever LE knows came from one of the conglomeration of things above, or from the Beamer itself. And I hate to say it, but I feel that it was either some type of trace or soil evidence on the car or clothing, or it was something biological that they discovered in the house or car.

Okay, I am done speculating. (As done as I ever am.)

Having very few facts, I am going to speculate for a moment.

It has been reported that they took evidence from the home...and here I speculate.
I am trying to think what they would have put in the warrant ( was there a warrant or did they release their belonging willingly?)
I would definitely have wanted the clothes that foster dad was wearing before he changed for class. And his shoes. Any reciepts for that day and probably about a week prior. recently worn clothing of Hassani's. Any paperwork for prescriptions or medical equipment for Hassani. Paper copies of work and class schedules. Computer hard drives. Address books. Cell phones. Cleaning items, such as sponges, sprays, bleach, brushes. Dirt scrapings from the garage or driveway floor. Any reciepts pertaining to vehicle care or maintenance. Carpet samples. Financial records. Toll reciepts (aren't there still toll roads in CA?)
I'm betting that whatever LE knows came from one of the conglomeration of things above, or from the Beamer itself. And I hate to say it, but I feel that it was either some type of trace or soil evidence on the car or clothing, or it was something biological that they discovered in the house or car.

Okay, I am done speculating. (As done as I ever am.)

They likely wanted materials for a DNA comparison if they found traces or a body later on. No baby teeth available, I think (at 5), but hair brush, etc.

Also, scrapings from the tub grout (or a spectrometer look), and likely any recent leftovers in the fridge from Hassani's recent meals.

Also, Hassani's finger prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member