TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, it totally exonerates the brother.

I don't think I could ever find it, but one article, or more, said that mom called from work and that she was the other 911 call...? :(

If north, only a few minutes. But why walk north to a car rather than drive the car to the house if you thought she was alone?

However, it seems like they went south if a neighbor heard the scream. I could be wrong on this. South is a pond then woods then a neighbor's house.

To the west is a field that would take 30-45 minutes without a struggle.

If an immediate escape from the area was the plan, I think he would have just driven to the house.

Because a car coming up that road would stand out and may get noticed. A car stashed away somewhere down the road a bit may not. The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

It makes me wonder if they thought at one time things went on further north...IE the statements they made about cleaning car etc...but that it originated to the south and they're now trying to find someone who saw something.

BTW, a car coming up that road especially if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be around her, or someone she knew...would be the #1 reason in my mind a perp would go through the trouble of going in through the woods.

7:30 Neighbor calls 911

7:43 Clint Bobo calls

What could you gain from the times?

If we knew what time Clint looked out the window, we could piece together how much of a head start the abductor had with Holly. If he looked out window at 7:15 - neighbor call at 7:30 - 7:43 clint calls.......gives a 1/2 hour..

JMO

I've seen several people theorize that maybe she was hit with something before being led into the woods.

The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is that she took the lunch box into the woods with her. It would seem strange that she would get hit/stabbed, and still hold on to the lunch box and take it with her into the woods. That's in addition to whatever else she may have been carrying (books, purse, etc.)

Thoughts?

P.S.
This seems like a nice place...glad I found it!:woohoo:

WELCOME to our nice place!

and...
yup.

when you walk through the "gets hit first" scenario, you have the pesky fact that all her stuff was with her or at least with the perp for at least 8 miles...

so she and her stuff must have walked - albeit under duress - towards the woods?

then again... she could have just had a big book bag with lunch and purse and books in that one big bag ... and the abductor could have carried the bag off with her...

I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any smarter here, however I look at it. It's not from lack of trying... :banghead:

I've seen several people theorize that maybe she was hit with something before being led into the woods.

The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is that she took the lunch box into the woods with her. It would seem strange that she would get hit/stabbed, and still hold on to the lunch box and take it with her into the woods. That's in addition to whatever else she may have been carrying (books, purse, etc.)

Thoughts?

P.S.

Excellent point and :Welcome1: to Websleuths!

I do not know the BF's schedule, but it is very common to hunt here. Maybe the BF isn't in school, or didn't have class that day. I could totally see Holly and her BF chatting while walking towards the woods and then departing each other there. He could have been heading into the woods to hunt, and they choose the tree line to say their goodbyes. While I am skeptical about a lot of things, that really isn't uncommon in the south.

I am in the midwest, hunting is common here too, but if she was suppose to be going to class going to the woods would be unusual. jmo

If nothing else, it totally exonerates the brother.

HI everyone :seeya:
If the neighbor called @ 7:30AM after I'm assuming hearing her scream & then brother called @ 7:43AM after finding blood, that is definately NOT an hour later as earlier reported. If suspect went into woods, he only had about a 15 min. head start. I wonder what time the cops got there?

Eileen, I don't understand your point. I think I stated that there are neighbors to the south.

LOL Dad i was sending you the map so ppl can see what your talking about lol

I was giving you the visuals lol

So if fifteen minutes passed before 911 call and another 10-15 before response, that is half an hour head start already, then time for LE to actually get into the woods...he could have been a long ways away, with Holly in a car, tossing out the lunch box, long before that...

I saw 7:58 somewhere for the time the cops responded

This is really the ONLY part that makes me think it was a stranger. I just cant see her going without a fight unless it was someone she was already VERY afraid of or someone she would not hit out of some type of respect...

Everything else screams someone close to her but if it was it seems if they made her bleed she would have reciprocated...even if she had to pick up something and knock him out.

I'm seriously trying to go over it in my head and I just cant see why she wouldnt fight unless EXTREME fear was involved.

I agree.

Well if nothing else Nancy Grace will be good tonight..maybe we can find out a little more info.

If the neighbor called @ 7:30AM after I'm assuming hearing her scream & then brother called @ 7:43AM after finding blood, that is definately NOT an hour later as earlier reported. If suspect went into woods, he only had about a 15 min. head start. I wonder what time the cops got there?

well didnt LE get there at 7:57

I believe they got there within ten minutes

Well if nothing else Nancy Grace will be good tonight..maybe we can find out a little more info.

"BOMBSHELL TONIGHT"

She has been getting on my nerves lately LOL

but she sure has done her part for the missing i have to give that to her!

Because a car coming up that road would stand out and may get noticed. A car stashed away somewhere down the road a bit may not. The location of the road blocks today - towards the smaller Rte 20 versus north towards the major east west route is interesting.

It makes me wonder if they thought at one time things went on further north...IE the statements they made about cleaning car etc...but that it originated to the south and they're now trying to find someone who saw something.

BTW, a car coming up that road especially if it was someone that wasn't supposed to be around her, or someone she knew...would be the #1 reason in my mind a perp would go through the trouble of going in through the woods.
Remember this in the country, where I grew up, and not in a neighborhood watch area. A car, or truck, coming down the road is not a reason to call the cops. Especially, if you are a local, which is the theory.

If you want to escape, time is the key factor. You don't go wandering through the woods just to drive down some other road. Drive the car to the house, put her in the trunk, drive away like normal. Remember, you don't think anyone else is home.

Thoughts?

P.S.

Seems funny that I haven't thought of this before... but maybe she knew the guy and he offered to carry her to school? That's why she took all her stuff with her? The last time she was seen is described in two ways: She was "forcibly led by the arm" into the woods in "fear of her life," but at the same time nothing was suspicious enough to notify authorities until her car was found still in it's place and a small amount of blood? I feel like one of these reports is inaccurate, and it would help to know which one was. If they were merely talking by the woods, she might have taken a ride with him. He could have said, "My 4wheeler is right here. I'll take us back to my truck/car and I'll take you to school."

While I know that it is not a probabilty, we have to understand that no one knows everything about their loved one/friend/relative. When I was that age, I had a boyfriend (or 2 :blush:) that no one knew about but me. (and they still don't. :shush:)

7:30 Neighbor calls 911

7:43 Clint Bobo calls

What could you gain from the times?

(from peeples): I saw 7:58 somewhere for the time the cops responded

thanks for these.

Do you recall if these times are from news articles or pressers?

I don't know if I'm smarter yet, (LOL - probably not), but I'm still thinking about the timeline.

Verifying these times with the source we found them from might be helpful for the thread in general.

Thanks to everyone for the time frames and Eileen730 for the map. I noticed that most of the searches appeared to be North and East of her home, is that because of where the lunch box was found? Sorry for all the questions today, but I can't figure out why LE has picked those search areas? If the suspect "had to have known the area" he could be anywhere, anywhich way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46