Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm. LE is trained to ask certain questions that may lead to suspects. Of course if persons working for you had criminal histories they were first on the radar. The majority of crimes are not random, they are done by people familiar with the victim or targeted establishment. LE doesn't work with these people everyday and have no way to know it wasn't them. They are trying to solve a crime, help you when you called. For them to rule out people on someone's word would be ridiculous. People want to take LE questions or accusations personally, it's not, it is their job. Just like when they write traffic tickets, they didn't single you out, you broke the law, their job is to enforce the law. It's not personal, it's a job. A hard, thankless job.

BBM: I live in a very small City and they DID know these people....I do appreciate all LE however sometimes I feel that they have tunnel vision. Long story short to get them to "break" they told them that I said things that I never said. They lied about having evidence that pointed directly to them, they lied about a witness and there is so much more.....and during all of this I knew they were not responsible...

I have witnessed first hand how they handle people that they don't like....I realize that people on this board have no idea who the other person is on the end of a post but trust me when I say that I am very experienced with LE and their tactics....very...

Again I want to say that I have all the respect in the world for LE and it is a very hard and dangerous job however I stand by my thoughts that many many times they get tunnel vision and that I do not respect..IMO

Thank you, but why did it show up like that? Didn't notice it on the other posts.

Sometimes when the quotes get broken you'll see the code. If you don't interfere with the brackets, it'll format your post normally. If you delete a bracket or add anything extra between the quote brackets it'll jack up your post. Usually you can go back and edit your post, if you see that it doesn't format properly.

bbm. LE is trained to ask certain questions that may lead to suspects. Of course if persons working for you had criminal histories they were first on the radar. The majority of crimes are not random, they are done by people familiar with the victim or targeted establishment. LE doesn't work with these people everyday and have no way to know it wasn't them. They are trying to solve a crime, help you when you called. For them to rule out people on someone's word would be ridiculous. People want to take LE questions or accusations personally, it's not, it is their job. Just like when they write traffic tickets, they didn't single you out, you broke the law, their job is to enforce the law. It's not personal, it's a job. A hard, thankless job.

According to the parents, they understood that, and they even understood that they would be looked at very closely. They probably believed (like many people right here on this board do) that if you are innocent, all you have to do is tell the truth, and everything will turn out OK.

If they are innocent, I can only imagine the shock they felt when they were telling LE what happened, and the cops not only didn't believe them, they started pointing fingers at THEM. It must have been incredibly horrible - especially since they were freaking out about their baby being gone.

I would never wish that on anyone. I really hope that the people who say "I would NEVER do..." or "only GUILTY people...." are never in the situation where they are being accused, when they are actually a victim.

According to the parents, they understood that, and they even understood that they would be looked at very closely. They probably believed (like many people right here on this board do) that if you are innocent, all you have to do is tell the truth, and everything will turn out OK.

If they are innocent, I can only imagine the shock they felt when they were telling LE what happened, and the cops not only didn't believe them, they started pointing fingers at THEM. It must have been incredibly horrible - especially since they were freaking out about their baby being gone.

I would never wish that on anyone. I really hope that the people who say "I would NEVER do..." or "only GUILTY people...." are never in the situation where they are being accused, when they are actually a victim.

Again, the MAJORITY of LE are not there to imprison innocent people. It does happen, even in the best justice system, no one is perfect and there is no perfect system. I see students everyday that are wanting to become cadets in our BLET program. I have not met one that said, I want to go into this profession to accuse innocent people and send them to prison. The overwhelming majority of them get into LE to help people. It is almost a calling. They want to do good, help victims, protect people, put away the bad guys. Then after they have been on the force several years, after being spit on, having to fight for their lives, being cursed out daily, not being appreciated, they become a bit more jaded. But there have only been a few in the years I have done this that regretted doing it. As I have said a million times on here, LE is not the bad guy here. They are the only ones trying to help find this poor innocent baby. I thank God they are there.

Help me out here :), is there an actual confirmed comment by Lisa's parents which states that they knew they were considered perps? thanks

BBM

I don't know why it would be shocking. Anytime a child goes missing from the home, the parents ARE going to be suspected of foul play. It is automatic, just like spouses when their mate goes missing. It is up to the parents to work with LE to try and find out the truth. Even if they are making accusations. You need to deny the accusations and continue to answer the questions.

But look at what DB did. She originally told LE that she checked on her child at 10:30 pm, after changing her and giving her a bottle. But we come to find out that was a big fat lie. No wonder LE had their suspicions.

BBM

I don't know why it would be shocking. Anytime a child goes missing from the home, the parents ARE going to be suspected of foul play. It is automatic, just like spouses when their mate goes missing. It is up to the parents to work with LE to try and find out the truth. Even if they are making accusations. You need to deny the accusations and continue to answer the questions.

But look at what DB did. She originally told LE that she checked on her child at 10:30 pm, after changing her and giving her a bottle. But we come to find out that was a big fat lie. No wonder LE had their suspicions.

I guess I don't understand the moms reason to lie about the time. :waitasec:
bbm/imo

What do you find so amusing? Something unusual pops up and it is common for a person to ask what it is. Did you know what it was?

I still see things pop up that I've never seen before and have to ask about it. Sometimes I get a :floorlaugh:. Sometimes I get a :great:. Sometimes I get :waitasec:. And, ocassionally I get a :seeya:. But, I always get an answer and I know now it's in good fun (especially if there's a "j/k" after it).

Glad you're here highflyer. Never hesitate to ask...

BBM: I live in a very small City and they DID know these people....I do appreciate all LE however sometimes I feel that they have tunnel vision. Long story short to get them to "break" they told them that I said things that I never said. They lied about having evidence that pointed directly to them, they lied about a witness and there is so much more.....and during all of this I knew they were not responsible...

I have witnessed first hand how they handle people that they don't like....I realize that people on this board have no idea who the other person is on the end of a post but trust me when I say that I am very experienced with LE and their tactics....very...

Again I want to say that I have all the respect in the world for LE and it is a very hard and dangerous job however I stand by my thoughts that many many times they get tunnel vision and that I do not respect..IMO

How sad that your LE department reacts by who they like and dislike. I live in a rather large city and imo we have a great PD.

I salute all men and women in LE.

imo

I understand your point and I think it's valid. BUT we aren't talking about being accused of stealing or dealing drugs here. THEIR BABY IS MISSING!!! They need to somehow find a way to work with LE to help find her. If that takes sitting there and telling what you know a bazillion times, even while you are obviously being accused of being involved, you keep doing it. . .because if you don't. . .then what?

MOO

I understand your point and I think it's valid. BUT we aren't talking about being accused of stealing or dealing drugs here. THEY'RE BABY IS MISSING!!! They need to somehow find a way to work with LE to help find her. If that takes sitting there and telling what you know a bazillion times, even while you are obviously being accused of being involved, you keep doing it. . .because if you don't. . .then what?

MOO

EXACTLY. THANK YOU. :fireworks:

I think the parents might be working closer with the FBI then LE. They might feel more comfortable talking to them if LE really did get so harsh with them in the interviews.I hope they are talking to someone, it really doesn't bother me they are ignoring the media, but I hope they're lawyer is being honest when he says they are in daily contact with the FBI.

BBM

Well, we know that, because we're really really interested in missing child's cases. How many people in the general public, if they report a child missing, would expect to be interrogated so harshly in the first few hours?

My guess is, very few. Especially the innocent ones.

Well, we know that, because we're really really interested in missing child's cases. How many people in the general public, if they report a child missing, would expect to be interrogated so harshly in the first few hours?

My guess is, very few. Especially the innocent ones.

But DB KNEW she was in for some trouble. That is why she began her relationship with LE with some big fat lies. She was trying to cover up some troublesome circumstances. So should she be 'shocked' that they were harsh in their questioning of her story? She lied about the last time the baby was seen safe in her bed. That is a very big deal in a missing child's case.

She also went to bed so drunk that she does not remember who left the lights on or if she even locked the front door, or if she ever looked in on her baby. So why the heck would she be 'shocked' at harsh questioning by LE?

BBM

It's not as if LE hasn't checked out & followed up on hundreds of other leads not involving the parents, either.

At the same time, it appears as if the high profile DT has been promoting every false lead they can get their hands on, in what looks to be haphazard attempts to take the focus off their clients (recent example: the rumor that Jersey "bragged" about being paid $300 to kidnap Baby Lisa, which turned out to be nothing more than unsubstantiated triple/quadruple hearsay & totally false).

DB has stated in prior interviews that she knows that it's LE's job to question the parents of a missing child, and she has also stated that she harbors no ill will toward them for doing so (paraphrasing).

Here's the thing: if DB truly believes this, why is she not sitting down with LE & answering the "hard" questions in a separate interview from JI? IMO, it appears that she was only paying lip service to her claim of "I understand why they did what they did."

"Don't get me wrong. I understand why they did what they did," Bradley said. "You see stuff like this everywhere. You watch the TV, and there's some crazy person doing something insane. There's been too many times stuff has happened. They have to assume what's worst ... but it felt like it was taken really, really far."

Bradley said, "I'm still not angry."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/07/national/main20117221.shtml

Baby Lisa went missing on October 4. Today is November 20.

A recent statement from the family attorney reported that JI stated:

"Every day has gotten better"

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16077691/picerno-witness-claims-handyman-paid-300-for-kidnapping

I find it interesting that right around the time JP was promoting the now debunked rumor of Jersey being paid $300 to kidnap Baby Lisa, JP was also reporting that JI said "every day has gotten better".

Very curious timing, IMO. In fact, the now debunked Jersey-was-paid-$300-to-kidnap-Baby Lisa rumor & JI's statement regarding "every day has gotten better" were reported in the same article:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16077691/picerno-witness-claims-handyman-paid-300-for-kidnapping

To quote Lewis Carroll:

"Curiouser and curiouser!" cried Alice.

How the heck could every day 'be getting better." Seriously?

I could see that sentiment if they had closure, knew she had died, and they wanted their sons to be able to heal. But they do not know if she is dead or alive, being tortured or being taken care of by childless kidnappers. They supposedly have no idea where she is or what condition she is in, and they are already 'getting better?' Hmm...that is a big red flag, imo.

But DB KNEW she was in for some trouble. That is why she began her relationship with LE with some big fat lies. She was trying to cover up some troublesome circumstances. So should she be 'shocked' that they were harsh in their questioning of her story? She lied about the last time the baby was seen safe in her bed. That is a very big deal in a missing child's case.

She also went to bed so drunk that she does not remember who left the lights on or if she even locked the front door, or if she ever looked in on her baby. So why the heck would she be 'shocked' at harsh questioning by LE?

To the best of my knowledge, LE has not confirmed that DB lied to them at any point. (Maybe she did, we just don't know.) The story told to the media did, apparently, change, but lying to the media is not against the law.

I personally wonder whether it is perhaps Jeremy who is so strongly against sitting down with local LE. Again, we don't know, but if he was actually cleared by LE (again, what HE said, LE has said nothing about that!) and is uninvolved in any way, I can see that reaction. But again, all we know about the story DB told to LE and what they said to her comes from Deb & the media--LE has not said one way or another.

According to the video on this page that is where the male teen that was involved in the $300-for-abducting-Baby-Lisa rumor works as a dishwasher.

Didn't say for certain it was that restaurant, but don't know what else it could be. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Been driving me nuts for weeks.

I think the parents might be working closer with the FBI then LE. They might feel more comfortable talking to them if LE really did get so harsh with them in the interviews.I hope they are talking to someone, it really doesn't bother me they are ignoring the media, but I hope they're lawyer is being honest when he says they are in daily contact with the FBI.
..Keep hoping there Nixie..it can't hurt. The FBI is not involved in searching for missing children till it crosses State Lines. The local LE are the ones who need the cooperation of the parents.

The FBI usually has a limited role...that being their labs are used for forensics. Every once in awhile, they do profiling. I have no doubt the attorneys want to talk to FBI because they are the ones that would have results of any testing of materials...and that could involve their clients. FBI is not going to share anything with them unless there is a legal loophole these attorneys find.

Defense Attorneys have no interest in locating a missing child. They are there to represent and prevent LE from accusing their clients. They will do everything in their power to find a way to accuse LE of hyperfocusing on their client or anything else they can find. Defense attorneys loves to go after LE, in fact they make a career around it.

Seriously, JI, things are getting better? I'm ready for those two to be locked up. :behindbar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member