LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *

January 9, 2013

Lavergne recants confession

3:03 A.M., Jan 9, 2013
written by Claire Taylor

Now he wants the court to throw out his guilty pleas in the killings of Shunick last year and the earlier slaying of Lisa Pate, a Lafayette Parish woman whose body was found near Church Point in 1999.

In addition, Lavergne asked the court to throw out any evidence and statements collected after a Lafayette Parish grand jury indicted him for both murders July 18. He claims the indictments were illegal and evidence obtained after the July 18 are "fruits of the poisonous tree."

Mother of Mickey Shunick comments on Brandon Scott Lavergne's efforts to overturn sentence

Lafayette, LA (KPEL)
Mickey’s mother, Nancy Anne Rowe, took to Facebook Wednesday afternoon, and she had very choice words for the process Lavergne has started.

"Since people keep asking me what I think about the recent news:
I think a 230 pound man in a custom, extended-cab pickup truck ran down a 100 pound girl on a bicycle. I think he picked her because she was tiny; he thought she would be easy to control while alive and easy to dispose of when dead.
He was wrong on one of these counts; Mickey knew it was a fight to the death, and she fought for her life until Brandon Scott Lavergne shot her through the head. After stabbing her a number of times. Her death certificate says “Primary cause of death: gun shot wound to the head”. “Secondary cause of death: multiple stab wounds.”
Self-defense? Torture? Pressure? Incompentence?
Poor, poor little man. Life is tough.
Mickey is the only part of this that has ever been important to us. She always will be important to us. Always.
"

Edited Audio of Brandon Lavergne riding in police car

January 8, 2013

KATC: Brandon Scott Lavergne files to have conviction dismissed

BSL Appeal (Redacted)

Prosecutors confident case against Lavergne solid

January 8, 2013
by Erin Steuber

"We're not worried about it," said [ADA Daniel] Landry. "The plea agreement that the prosecution team put into the record was signed off on by all parties. There was a plea agreement, and then there was a factual statement, that was read into the record and he was asked, under oath, if he concurred with it. So most of those bases are unfounded in our opinion."

I'm really late to this case! Mickey disappeared around the same timeline that Jaren Lockhart's body was found here in BSL and so I was following Jaren's case (still no justice in that case yet). I read the complete timeline on Mickey's case just this morning, and I have to say, this guy is a complete "piece". He tried to rape his own pregnant sister. His lawyers make him sound so remorseful and that's why he led LE to her body. No! He's a manipulative sicko who won't control himself. He is right where he belongs for the remainder of his despicable life, at the end of which he will get what he truly deserves.

:wave: Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dateline tonight at 10:00 p.m. Pacific Time

Charlene Shunick opens up about her sister's disappearance and the night she went missing.

For those who missed it last night:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/dateline/50634174/#50634174

Dateline | Aired on January 30, 2013
Missing Mickey, Part 1 of 6 total..

21-year-old Mickey Shunick mysteriously vanishes late one night and without a trace. Dateline NBC's Josh Mankiewicz reports.

I just got caught up on this case, watching the videos.
Thank-you for posting. And I am happy they found her and brought her home.

January 31, 2013

Lavergne requests gag order, investigation into mail tampering

Jan 31, 2013
by Ian Auzenne
KATC
Convicted murderer Brandon Scott Lavergne has asked a district court judge to issue a gag order against the District Attorney Mike Harson's office until a ruling is made on his appeal.

Brandon Lavergne seeks gag order, names of witnesses in case

Jan 31, 2013
by Claire Taylor
The Advertiser
Brandon Scott Lavergne, the confessed killer of UL co-ed Mickey Shunick, is asking a judge for a gag order , for the names of witnesses who testified against him at grand jury hearings and the transcript of a secretly-recorded meeting with his ex-wife while he was jailed in 2004

February 5, 2013

Prosecutors have deadline to answer Lavergne motions

Feb 05, 2013
by Claire Taylor
The Advertiser

Fifteenth Judicial District Judge Herman Clause has given prosecutors a Feb. 15 deadline to respond to a host of post-trial motions filed by Brandon Scott Lavergne, the convicted killer of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.

February 8, 2013

Lavergne wants guilty plea tossed

Feb 08, 2013
by Claire Taylor
The Advertiser

In the latest court filings, Lavergne alleges Lafayette Parish officials had no jurisdiction to suddenly charge him in July 2012 with the 1999 murder of Lisa Pate because Acadia Parish had always had jurisdiction in that case.

Lavergne also argued that his court-appointed attorneys were ineffective, provided no defense and erred in encouraging him to plead guilty when he adamantly denied having murdered either woman and was suffering what he called "a mental break."

I've been meaning to look for Mickey's thread, but thought someone would already have mentioned this!

Tomorrow night on "ID" (Investigation Discovery) on Cable, they will highlight Mickey's case I think they said, on: "Southern Fried Homocide" about 2 Louisiana murder cases, which had gone unsolved.

Mickey's story was on "Investigation Discovery" today also. The program was awesome. I am wondering if we will learn more details about BSL once more people become aware of his crimes and his story has made its way to TV. The profile the show did on Lisa Pate was awesome too. Ms. Pate was very well liked and pretty. My heart still hurts for Mickey's family.
... if only BSL was not so evil; he has hurt too many people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back