TN TN - Tabitha Tuders, 13, Nashville, 29 Apr 2003

There seem to be to many unanswered questions concerning both Jamie and her boyfriend. It's hard for me to even imagine one sister knowing something about her sister's murder and her not telling...then I think of that Karla from Canada and the part she played in her little sister's death. Thank God it doesn't happen to often and blood is usually thicker than water.

I wonder if LE is even looking at the boyfriend or if they ever did? Unless they know something that we don't know it seems like they blew it. It seems like the FBI could have gotten involved and they could have checked out the grandpa's house and property. I guess if LE weren't looking at the boyfriend as a suspect they wouldn't have had an interest in his grandpa's house and property. I wonder if they did put Tabitha is a large container and do something with that. Sad that she hasn't been found.

Bobbisangel said:
There seem to be to many unanswered questions concerning both Jamie and her boyfriend. It's hard for me to even imagine one sister knowing something about her sister's murder and her not telling...then I think of that Karla from Canada and the part she played in her little sister's death. Thank God it doesn't happen to often and blood is usually thicker than water.

I wonder if LE is even looking at the boyfriend or if they ever did? Unless they know something that we don't know it seems like they blew it. It seems like the FBI could have gotten involved and they could have checked out the grandpa's house and property. I guess if LE weren't looking at the boyfriend as a suspect they wouldn't have had an interest in his grandpa's house and property. I wonder if they did put Tabitha is a large container and do something with that. Sad that she hasn't been found.
le did question the boyfriend and I think he was given a lie detector test and passed it, but one of the scheduled ones he missed it and had to re schedule to take it. jamie " her sister " has been deseptive on some of the questions ask of her, either stress and emotions got in the way or someone else related to there circle of friends that we don't know about is being kept secret by her. it is strange that the day she went missing jamie meets two black males at a rivergate storage place jamie told police that evans was one of them, the lie detector given to him indicates that he was truthful when they ask him if he met her there, his answer by the way was " he did not meet her there" so who were the two, and why did they need access to it, jamie and evans stuff was the only stuff there? and what did they need from it that day? le hasn't searched the grand dads place nor the property behind it, myself and a few others has been to that location and searched the grounds, shortly after she went missing the roll off dumpster in front of the house was gone thru by two of our search volunteers and nothing was found. the property behind the granddads house belongs to someone else but is remote enough to hide a body in. the one thing that makes this a non stranger abduction is the fact that as soon as the car pulled up tabitha went directly to it and got in, that is a good indicator that she knew that face and felt a level of trust in them. evans got off work at 7am that morning, he called jamie at 6am, the kmart store is maybe 10 miles away if not a little less, would take him less than 15 or so minuts to make that drive to her neighborhood, he could have been setting at a location watching for her to leave the house. he knows that neighborhood very well and felt comfortable driving around it. the area she went missing is not remote by any means the street is about 35 ft wide with house down both sides of it, these house set close to one another. so the person that picked her up did not let that bother him, he felt as though he fit right in and no one would pay much mind to him.

I can't get the link to work. Does any one else know anything about this body?

amandab said:
http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/15792.asp

I'm assuming this is about the same body........

How long has Tabitha been missing now? They think the body could have been there as long as 13 months.....

It's seems possible he could have missed seeing the carpet last year when he went through there with a tractor - it also seems like, just looking at the shoes would be a pretty clear positive/negative for the Tuder family.

Putting a body under carpet like that, seems like something someone would do really hurriedly, as if not to waste much time or leave much evidence on themselves. As if it would be someone suspect already in the disappearance dumping quickly and cleanly.

tabitha and heaven ross have been missing almost 3 yrs. heaven disappeared some months later than did tabitha. tabitha will be missing 3 yrs on april 29 of next yr. there are a staggering number of missing children and missing adults from tennessee. I haven't heard much more about the body, the link in a previous post didn't work for me. does anyone know if it is a adult/child female/male? I did hear that the body found hasn't been attributed to a missing person, these remains could be someone from anyplace across our state and used that remote location to dump the body. after all there isn't much there but one fuel stop on the north side of the interstate and nothing but country roads to the south side. please take a look at our website @ www.tnmissing.org and go to the forum section which will load the page of our states missing children and adults.

There are so many missing people in Tennesee! I just don't understand how so many people can just up and dissappear. Thank goodness for sites like yours where they all have names and faces. How horribly, horribly sad. It makes me want to cry.

Yesterday on the radio, they told that the remains were that of a male. I hope that they identify him soon and bring closure to his family.

You are right there are alot of missing people in TN and alot that needs to be done to change the way the state deals with the missing and the unidentified.

It your opinion, why are there so many unidentified and missing? What could the state of TN do differently?

Our state has so few missing or unidentified people that it shocks me to see the numbers in other states. We know the stories of the missing by heart and we think we know what happened to them but they have never been found. One little girl dissappeared from the yard of her rural home in a wooded area that is inhabited by mountain lions, one little boy was a victim of a serial killer (although his mother doesn't think he's dead so won't accept that he's gone so the case is still open). Everyone knows about the woman who was killed by a serial killer but has never been identified, although her killer was executed for her murder she's still nameless. Etc etc. To have so many that are missing or unidentified is staggering.

In my opinion, our state does not handle missing persons cases with the urgency that they should. There is nothing that mandates how LE reacts when a missing person report is filed and thereafter. We do not have a missing persons clearinghouse. We do have a missing children's clearinghouse, but for reasons that are unclear, all the missing children are not listed on it. Our state, as well as others, could greatly benefit from the Presiden's DNA Initiative. There are no guidelines in place here to direct the state or the counties in how to handle missing persons or unidentifieds. This issue is very important, if more states would adopt the proposal to handle DNA more effeciently, I just know that closure could be brought to many families with missing loved ones.

http://www.dna.gov/m_person/model.html

In my daughter and granddaughter's case, it has taken LE 20 months to secure their DNA and only then at my very strong insistence. My granddagter cannot be listed on our state's missing childrens clearinghouse because they have to have parental consent to do so. Well, that's impossible when her parent is also missing. I don't understand after this long, why a next of kin, or the agency investigating cannot have her listed.

How awful. It sounds as if missing people are of minimal concern. Granted, some people disappear of their own free will because they want to, but others that are taken or murdered and dumped deserve more from those that take an oath To Serve and Protect. I think a national DNA database is a very good idea, although I can see where there may be people who would think it's just one more way for the government to keep track of us. For those that have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear. JMHO

in my opinion, and I hope that the dna database that is being talked about would be this; for the folks that have missing children/adults that the family provides a personal article of that person that would contain dna material, then place that information into the data base. if at any time human remains are located, that possibly dna could be obtained and then compared to the data base. expensive yes, but our country is wasting money at an alarming speed, so why not add to it for a very good reason. families of those that are missing deserve to know if there loved one has been located or not, just think of how many jane doe and john does lay in graves across this country, and to think of how many innocent lives have gone without ever being identified, it just makes me so sick to think of. this nation needs to fight the war on child/adult abductions and put a stop to it. its hard to think of but for the time it takes to make a simple post on this website many have been abducted or murdered in this nation.

Danny

You would probably find the president's DNA initiative very interesting. Click on the link in my last post and check it out. This is what I have been talking to the TN lawmakers about. There is a program that will take DNA from a family member of a missing person to go into the CODIS database. Where there is a family member, the DNA is there. Also, the initiative above, provides the federal funds for the states to take care of this, if they just would. It's just a shame that this is not taken more seriously by LE.

kholloway said:
Danny

You would probably find the president's DNA initiative very interesting. Click on the link in my last post and check it out. This is what I have been talking to the TN lawmakers about. There is a program that will take DNA from a family member of a missing person to go into the CODIS database. Where there is a family member, the DNA is there. Also, the initiative above, provides the federal funds for the states to take care of this, if they just would. It's just a shame that this is not taken more seriously by LE.

Hi Kathy,
What is the excuse given for not wanting to get this DNA program going? If the funding is there then there shouldn't be any excuses. I gather that the people making the decisions haven't had a family member missing. I imagine by now you would like to take LE and shake each one until they "get it."

I'm wondering, in your case, why the FBI has never gotten involved as there is a baby involved? So many missing persons of all ages and it just seems to be so frustrating to me. I can't imagine being in your shoes + all of the other families who are trying to find answers and seem to keep hitting brick walls.
I honestly don't know how all of you keep going trying to live your lives when
there is a piece of your hearts missing and you can't get anywhere with LE or anyone else who could help you find answers. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has a loved one/loved ones missing.

kathy, I tried the link to the dna data base, it doesn't work for me, could you please look at the format of it and see if all the characters are properly placed?

dannyodie said:
kathy, I tried the link to the dna data base, it doesn't work for me, could you please look at the format of it and see if all the characters are properly placed?
`

If you go to the main http://dna.gov web site you can read all about the DNA initiative and Identifying the Missing. Several families of the missing have helped with this program including myself. Molly Bish's father John has been heavily involved in it.

I can't understand why they won't get this DNA program going here either. I bet if it was bredesen or some other higher up's family, the DNA program would have been up and going long ago. I think of Tabitha and Heaven often and pray that they will be found. I still wonder about Tabitha's sister's boyfriend and why her sister didn't pass the lie detector test. Would she protect her boyfriend over her sister? I just can't understand doing that. :(

Tranaice said:
I can't understand why they won't get this DNA program going here either. I bet if it was bredesen or some other higher up's family, the DNA program would have been up and going long ago. I think of Tabitha and Heaven often and pray that they will be found. I still wonder about Tabitha's sister's boyfriend and why her sister didn't pass the lie detector test. Would she protect her boyfriend over her sister? I just can't understand doing that. :(
federal money is already there for states to grab it up to get this started, we tennesseans need to work our senate people over and push for it before the money is all gone, we need this here as well as any other states need it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back