MI MI - Kellie Brownlee, 17, Novi, 20 May 1982

Here is the most recent word from Law Enforcement regarding comparison between Kellie Marie Brownlee and the Frederick Jane Doe:

-------------------------------------------
Sir,
I have looked into Ms. Brownlee. While she has not been ruled out, when looking at dental charts, it is very unlikely that she is our Jane Doe.

Lieutenant Thomas V. Chase
Criminal Investigation Division Commander
Frederick Police Department

Hi
Thankyou Richard.Are both of thier DNA profiles with CODIS with the FBI.Are they automatically checked with each other and if not why?

suzanne

Good questions. I simply do not know the answers. Perhaps someone else does?

suzannec4444 said:
Hi
Thankyou Richard.Are both of thier DNA profiles with CODIS with the FBI.Are they automatically checked with each other and if not why?

suzanne

Hi
Thankyou.Someone told me they are suppose to automatically check.But they are apparantly not doing this with my sister.

suzanne

20 May 2007 will mark the 25 year anniversary of Kellie's disappearance.

any updates?????? any theories, suspectsm etc?

ANY THEORIES? i have often wondered if her case is related to dean marie pyle peters?

Her stepfather, Paul Brownlee, is the primary suspect in her disappearance. She reported that he was abusing her. Her older sister, who moved to California in 1977 to live with her biological dad, reported the same of Brownlee, and he actually pleaded to a "Fourth degree sexual conduct" charge with respect to her. Kellie was living with her boyfriend's family to be away from the stepdad, and the boyfriend was the one who sounded the alarm on her being missing, and was eliminated as a suspect. She had accompanied him to school, but apparently went to a local mall to apply for jobs, where she was last seen.

The stepfather agreed to be interviewed by police, denying having abused her or had anything to do with her disappearance. He also called in a tip at some point, claiming that she'd been seen in the company of two men at a local ice cream parlor before going missing. After his interview with police, though, he lawyered up and refused a polygraph.

One of the interesting things about his "tip" to police is that it might have been inspired by the disappearance the previous year of Kim Marie Larrow, in Canton, OH, the previous year. Kim was supposed to have been meeting up with her party gang in a park after seeing them in a local ice cream parlor, but never made it. Her best friend worked at the parlor, and planned to meet up with her at the park.

I'm assuming the ice cream parlor would have been mentioned in reports of Larrow's nearby disappearance before the time that Kellie went missing. Chances are that Paul Brownlee had nothing to do with Larrow's disappearance, and that he was just trying to throw police off his scent, but in offering up the supposed tip about Kellie he seems to have made himself a potential suspect as well in the disappearance of Kim Marie Larrow.

Paul Brownlee seems not to have been particularly bright. A detective who took over the case reports that shortly after he did Brownlee appeared with a catalog, claiming that a model in a hot pink bathing suit was his missing stepdaughter, which seems pretty transparently an effort to size up the new guy. The new detective asked him where he was on the date of her disappearance, and he split.

With a conviction regarding her sister, and Kellie showing friends the bruises she'd sustained from fights with Paul Brownlee, he probably decided that a court wasn't going to be so lenient again if he was reported and charged. Brownlee's mother didn't divorce Paul until 3 years later.

Kim Marie Larrow and Kellie Brownlee were both party girls, both had similar Farah Fawcett-inspired hair cuts. Larrow was about the same age as Brownlee's sister at the time she was abused by her stepdad. If Paul Brownlee got rid of his stepdaughter it's likely he did it to prevent her talking. If he had something to do with Larrow's disappearance, it's likely he would merely have abused her, but couldn't afford to get caught again. His prior in the matter of his other stepdaughter probably made him more dangerous than previously he had been. He seems to have been very impulsive.

Vermontaigne,
Thank you for your post, it really shed some light on things for me. So very sad how a parent can do that to their child, and get away with it. Have you heard of Rachel Mellon Skemp? Not saying he is involved, but it seems like the same type of crime:/

Is Paul Brownlee still living? What was his behavior like since 1982? Any further charges or accusations regarding legal problems?

What was the length of time between the last sighting of Kellie, and Paul Brownlee's appearance before the police - either to report her missing, or because police contacted him?

Thanks, Amber. I'd been unaware of that case. It seems lots of girls are endangered by stepdads.

Richard, it was the boyfriend who alerted police when she didn't show up at his place by 9:00 that evening. I don't know whether Paul Brownlee is alive still, or not, or what his subsequent legal troubles might or might not have been. Detectives certainly felt his behavior was suspect, if you read between the lines of what they say about him, but they are constrained from saying what I may . . . reading between the lines.

If he is the one who did it, I would think he would have some legal troubles after the crime, even if they are "petty crimes". And if Kellie was being abused before hand...well, it gets more violent as time goes on.

I am just reading this thread for the first time. I know Paul Brownlee is a likely suspect. But also, how was Kellie planning on getting back to school (or home, wherever she was planning to go next) from the mall? She hitch-hiked to the mall so perhaps she was planning on hitch-hiking back as well. If Paul Brownlee isn't involved with her disappearance, maybe it was a stranger she caught a ride with when leaving the mall.

Hi,

I grew up with Kellie, and I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to the family for this unbelievable event. She was so beautiful, and had a laugh that was so infectious. She spent a lot of time at my house, just hanging out with my younger brother and I.

I just wanted to say, those of us who knew Kellie have never ever forgotten her. Never. She was one of us, and always will be. The neighborhood kids that hung out together, played Kick the Can, Capture the Flag, rode bikes. One of us is missing, and it affects all of us greatly.

I am so sorry, and I pray that she is found. I think of her all the time.

God bless you all.

Is Paul Brownlee still living? What was his behavior like since 1982? Any further charges or accusations regarding legal problems?

What was the length of time between the last sighting of Kellie, and Paul Brownlee's appearance before the police - either to report her missing, or because police contacted him?

I know Paul Brownlee passed away. Not sure when.
I was a friend of Kellie's. She told me her mother refused to believe she was being abused by the stepfather, which is apparently a common reaction. I believe she stayed married to him, even after Kellie disappeared, and it was proven that he indeed was molesting her, and another family member earlier. She still stayed married to him. Assuming for financial reasons, because I can't imagine any other reason to stay with such a sick pervert.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back