Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! that is a very nice video. Thanks for putting it together. I think it does a great job of pulling the images and story together in a succinct and captivating way. Good Work!

Thank you Annasbro and everyone else who liked the video. I'm working on another one which will go more into detail on the main theories of what happened to Anna.

Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!

Awwww - that was a beautiful video with great information!!

And thanks for using such great music, and not a cheesy tearjerker (jmho)!!

Thanks! LOL about the music...I felt "Here Comes the Sun" was an obvious choice for the first one. For the second one, I wanted something different, but it took awhile to find something that fit! Finally finished the second one late last night. It's now up at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5BHNSEGYo

Again, nicely done Gina! You have a real talent for this. The story was succinct, but detailed enough to get the main story out there.

I love how the photos have the little tabs on the corners to make it look like a photo album. The music is perfect, too. I hope these great videos get seen by many. Yay Gina!

Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

An excellent job on the videos Gina. What a great gift you have shared in this search for Anna.

Thanks! I downloaded the "photo album" format and thought I'd try it - it's great because the words and pictures don't interfere with each other - but you can only fit so many characters on a page that way. So I alternated the photos with blank screens of text. It was hard to summarize the story of the Georges because it is so complicated! That's why I went with an instrumental for the music - anything with lyrics was distracting from reading the text. Anyway, glad you liked it. I hope it helps get the info about the case out there.

Gina, check this out! Can you see if they will include Anna's video?

http://www.youtube.com/dontyouforgetaboutme

I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

Here is the page with the requirements:

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_X1&PageId=3326

I've been looking over the requirements for submitting a video to the ICMEC for their YouTube site. Seems they prefer it to be submitted by a parent or guardian (or "designated representative"). There are 3 different forms to fill out - one electronically, and two pdf files to be printed out and signed. The pdfs have language in them about being the parent and/or guardian of the child. I'd be glad to fill them out, but perhaps it would be better if they were filled out by someone from Anna's family? Just let me know the best way to proceed, and I'll make sure the video gets sent to them.

http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_X1&PageId=3326
Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.

Gina, I filled out the electronic submission form and printed out the other forms to be mailed tomorrow. The responded right away, saying they would verify the information, and said "Please submit your video to video@icmec.org using YouSendIt.com, a free file-sharing service; or send a hard copy of the video to (address on their link). So I guess it's OK to go ahead pending their verification and receipt of the releases. I really appreciate your looking into this.

Gina, it looks as if the person filling out the electronic submission form has to send the video, so I'll see if I can copy the one you sent me and mail it tomorrow with the other forms. You know, I didn't even ask if it was OK with you for us to do this....after all, it is YOUR work.

I can't figure out how to copy the DVD. I'll go ahead and send the required forms and hope they'll let you send the video.

Annasmom, I submitted the video via YouSendIt. I think it's okay that it's coming from my email address. Oh and of course it's okay with me...this video is my gift to you and Anna :)

I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw

I check the ICMEC's YouTube channel periodically...so far, Anna's video is not up there. The YouSendIt link, which I used to send them the video, expires after a week and I'm not sure if there's a way to find out if they downloaded it during that time. I guess we can assume they downloaded it and are still verifying the info.

I put together another (shorter) video last night to get Anna's High School age progression out on YouTube. I chose a song for it that would have been popular while Anna was in high school ("Lucky Star" by Madonna). I wasn't sure if it fit the video but...I know I get really nostalgic about songs from my high school days! It might trigger a memory in someone who went to school with Anna. Or in Anna herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYCR-32eHw
Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!

I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.

I'm close to Anna's age, and one of my favorite songs from back then was Cyndi Lauper, Time after Time. and I think Bizare Love Triangle, every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.... was another favorite.

Oh yeah, those are great too! My favorite Cyndi Lauper song is "All Through the Night". I'm a bit younger than you guys...I enjoyed these songs in elementary school :)

Gina, I also sent them the DVD (along with the application and the other papers they requested), but I haven't had an acknowledgment of receipt. You'd think they would say they had received these. Maybe I'll write them tomorrow. The new video is really great!

Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?

Glad you like it Annasmom! Are you able to watch YouTube videos on your computer now?
I can; what a thrill! I still have a dial-up connection, so the video stop and starts again every few seconds, but at least it's something. Thank you, Gina.

time after time is one of my favorites i was a little at the time and i can still remember dancing to that footloose and beat it in my aunts way over sized tee shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth