MO MO - Elizabeth 'Betsy' Gill, 2, Cape Girardeau, 13 June 1965

Hi. I too am one of Elizabeth Gill's sisters. Yes two of the sisters and my mother have given DNA for the codis register. We were checking a match with another woman looking for her family. She turned out not to be related. We are still hopefule Beth is out there and if she starts looking for us we want to be where she can find us. I don't come on the websleuth site often, but check to see if anything is posted every now and then. We do have a cold case investigator helping us also. He's come up with several possibilities, but none that have checked out. I will keep everyone on the site informed if we get anything definite. Thanks for all the help, encouragement and energy that helps keep us going. Moo

Hi Moo,

Nice to hear from another of Elizabeth's sisters. I'm also glad to hear that you have DNA entered in CODIS. Your hope and perseverance are very inspiring.

I'm in the middle of working on my missing persons video, and would love to include Bethy if it's okay. Here's what the basic format would be:

1st screen - Picture of Bethy, with caption "Elizabeth Gill"

2nd screen - text - "Elizabeth disappeared from Cape Girardeau, Missouri in June 1965 at the age of 2."

3rd screen - text - "She may have been taken by a couple staying at a motel bordering her family's property." [or whatever you want to say here - I usually try to add some sort of theory as to what happened]

4th screen - Age progressed picture, with caption "age progression to 44"

there are several other cases profiled in the video, following the same basic format.

I just found this case, and I would like to add my impression. I live near the "Gypsy's", or "Irish Travellers" as they are called. They are a very interesting sect in our society. I know that having children is very important to them, and they seek help from various fertility services if any of them are infertile. I can easily see that kidnapping would have been an option for them many years ago. I actually hope that something like this IS what happened to Bethy. They seem to love their children very much. Their community is very closed to outsiders....whom they refer to as "country folk". I am not sure how feasible it would be to just walk in there and show the pictures from the NCMEC site and expect to get any answers. :confused: The IRS and other agencies have trouble getting information from their society because many of them share the same legal names, but they have nicknames that allow them to differentiate theirselves. The girls in their community typically drop out of school in middle school or junior high, and rarely, if ever, go to high school. Their society is changing, however, because there are several students, both male and female, in our local high schools who are from their community. From what I understand, many of the young people in their community are now plugged into society at least as far as MySpace, and the internet are involved. Therefore, I think it is a VERY good idea to create a MySpace page, as well as any other pages you can think of for Bethy. I would specifically make sure the possibility that "the gypsy's" or the "irish travellers" may have been in the area at the time of her disappearance, as this would be detected by a google search at a latter time. Maybe, just maybe, Bethy will begin to be suspicious and start looking herself. I am going to print the picture from NCMEC and try to memorize it, so when I am out and about, I can "look" for her. Never, never, give up hope. Bethy's entire family is in my deepest prayers.

What about the man that has just confessed to killing those women in Cape Girardeau? It is on this same cold case thread. Did he only kill adult women or is it possible he liked children as well? Would rather that she be kidnapped by Gypsys.

I don't really believe this serial killer had anything to do with Beth's disappearance. I don't think he was in this area then (he's originally from the northeast), and he would only have been a teenager in 1965. We do know family members of one the victims and are thoughts and prayers are with them as well, knowing that they finally have closure. Cases being solved from the late 70's do give us hope that someday we too will have an answer or closure. The family will consider posting info on My Space. I really thought that that had been done some time ago. Thanks again to all who care. Elizabeth's sister, Moo
Beth's link on NCMEC site:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Hugs to you (((Moo)))! I truly feel your pain and would do ANYTHING to find your sister, or at least find an answer as to what happened. Publicity can only help at this point. If you EVER feel you are being scammed, let US know, and we will try and help with that also. It would be a sorry sack of crap that would scam a family who has suffered so much already, but this site tells you there are a lot of sick people out there. Even MORE powerful than the sicko's, is the fact that this site tells you there are a lot of GOOD people out there too. We REALLY do care. :blowkiss:

Thanks for checking in with us Moo. If you need any help setting up a MySpace account for Bethy, let me know. I have a lot of experience with MySpace profiles for missing persons. I agree with Reannan that publicity can only help at this point :blowkiss:

gill_elizabeth.jpg
gill_elizabeth_ap.jpg

Missing Since: June 13, 1965 from Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: August 21, 1962
Height and Weight: 2'6, 22 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Gill's nicknames are Beth and Betsy. She has a chicken pox scar on her arm; it was the size of a quarter at the time of her disappearance but may have shrunk since then.

Details of Disappearance

Gill was last seen in the front yard of her home in the 300 block of south Lorimer Street in Cape Girardeau, Missouri at 4:00 p.m. on June 13, 1965. She was carrying a small pail of sand at the time of her disappearance. She is believed to have wandered away from her home and has never been heard from again.

Gill has nine siblings. At the time she went missing, she was in the care of her older siblings while their mother took her father to St. Louis, Missouri where he worked. Gill's father and two of her siblings died in the years after she went missing. Her disappearance remains unsolved and few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Cape Girardeau Police Department

573-335-6621

We seem to be getting a lot of interest in Beth's case lately. A friend started a group on Facebook called "Finding Beth Gill". We have over 1660 members on the group. I invite all websleuthers to go on Facebook and join. This group is not an ap and other than updates on our search, you will not be contacted. We do not have access to any other members' info so don't worry about that. We do have another lead the police are checking on. We have actually had 4 women contact us and do DNA comparisions with ours. We're planning a candlelight vigil on the 45th anniversary of Beth's disappearance near our old home place at the old entrance to the Mississippi River bridge. We are expecting a large turnout and would encourage all in the Cape Girardeau, MO area to attend. We're starting at 8:15 pm on Sunday June 13. Anyone needing more details can email me at: findingbeth@yahoo.com or "Finding Beth Gill" on Facebook. Thanks for your interest and caring. Please pray for answers.

Great article by Kathryn Casey from Women in Crime Ink -

Where is Baby Beth?

"...a little girl named Beth “Betsy” Gill, who disappeared exactly 45 years ago this Sunday."

Oh,my thoughts and prayers are with Beth's family. I so hope this new publicity will get results. I have joined the FB and am sharing it with my FB. I hope the vigil goes well.

Hi everyone! Thank you all, for your loving support. Please join us, in sprit tonight, when we honor Beth and all missing children, with a candlelight vigil.
I Thought you might like to view this slideshow I put together, using an old song I wrote and recorded for Beth, many years ago.

Messenger Of Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCLbefieXA

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! You did such a wonderful job on the song and the video. Oh I pray you and your family can have answers one day. Thank you for sharing. :blowkiss:

Hi Moon,

Candles are burning for Elizabeth tonight in my local church here in Edinburgh and she was prayed for and your family thought of constantley today. I hope the vigil tonight helped your family with is grief. I will always keep your sister in my thoughts whilst on my searches and i will always pray for her and your family. Your song is wonderfully emotional and made me cry it could be for anyone of the missing i keep in my heart, Your voice is lovely i really could listen to you sing all day, true emotion and heart is something so rarely heard in song today and i Thank you so much for sharing it.

Isn't she precious in her bonnet and with her purse?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back