Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

Wouldn't AR's mom have seen this machine? In my opinion she had to know something and either participated or ignored it all.

Hi Rhett,

The company that sold the machine, Extreme Restraints, ships via UPS. My experience with UPS is that a package can be tracked over the Internet, so a person will know what day it will arrive. Also, UPS only does home deliverys Monday through Friday. My experience with them has shown that they deliver at approximately the same time of the day for each delivery.

If Denise Jacques works through the week, MJ could have arranged to be home the day it was delivered. Thus, Denise would not have seen it delivered.

When disassembled, the machine would not require a large space to store it in. MJ could have stored it in the attic, garage, an outside shed, back of a closet or even under his bed.

As far as could or would Denise ignore it if she found it? From the State of Vermont affidavit against MJ, it appears that Denise either ignored a lot going on that house or she didn't follow up too deeply into events she herself witnessed.

-Catfish

Jacques court date has been moved yet again... Tuesday August 12th @ 2:30pm, according to the United States District Court-District of Vermont court calendar.

Light - thanks for the info! :)

Prosecution requests extension in Jacques investigation
[SIZE=-1]BurlingtonFreePress.com - Burlington,VT,USA[/SIZE]

The U.S. Attorney for Vermont asked a federal magistrate Wednesday for 60 more days before prosecutors have to decide whether to indict Michael Jacques of Randolph in connection with the killing of his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett.
snip
The delay is the third requested by federal prosecutors. Jacques was originally scheduled to appear in court to face the kidnapping with death resulting charge on July 17 before the hearing was rescheduled for Aug. 6, then again to Aug. 12. No new date for a hearing in the case has been scheduled.

The U.S. Attorney for Vermont asked a federal magistrate Wednesday for 60 more days before prosecutors have to decide whether to indict Michael Jacques of Randolph in connection with the killing of his 12-year-old niece, Brooke Bennett.
snip
The delay is the third requested by federal prosecutors. Jacques was originally scheduled to appear in court to face the kidnapping with death resulting charge on July 17 before the hearing was rescheduled for Aug. 6, then again to Aug. 12. No new date for a hearing in the case has been scheduled.

That's not good.

I would read that as meaning they didn't get any physical evidence from her body that ties Jacques to her murder and that so far nothing else...I would assuming including Gagnon's statements about their conversations right after she disappeared are sufficiently inculpatory.

I have to say I'm surprised by this, I figured they had him dead to rights for her murder....

It could also mean they still don't know which of the many bad actors in this tragedy did the actual killing...and that IMO includes AR.

I posted this on the myspce thread but thought I'd post it here if anyone was interested in talking about it,LOL.

It looks like AR has a new myspace and to be honest, it seems like despite Brooke's murder, AR is just moving along nicely with her life. Also the "corey" mentioned in the other thread also has a myspace page. It's set to private but I've noticed the profile on other pages in the same group of friends.

Is it possible they're holding off because they want to make a deal with him...... LWOP in exchange for a guilty plea on all counts?

A trial will be devastating to Brooke's family.... to AR, AR's sister & to many other minors who have some small connection to anyone involved.

Or... perhaps the psychiatrists working with AR have said she's not ready to testify & needs more time.

I posted this on the myspce thread but thought I'd post it here if anyone was interested in talking about it,LOL.

It looks like AR has a new myspace and to be honest, it seems like despite Brooke's murder, AR is just moving along nicely with her life. Also the "corey" mentioned in the other thread also has a myspace page. It's set to private but I've noticed the profile on other pages in the same group of friends.

Awwwww.... "isn't that special?" :furious::furious:

If it were me.... considering how MySpace played into this sick kidnapping & torture.... just the mention of the name MySpace would turn my stomach... I'd never want to see the site again!

Isn't this girl getting ANY psychiatric help????

This is CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Is it possible they're holding off because they want to make a deal with him...... LWOP in exchange for a guilty plea on all counts?

A trial will be devastating to Brooke's family.... to AR, AR's sister & to many other minors who have some small connection to anyone involved.

Or... perhaps the psychiatrists working with AR have said she's not ready to testify & needs more time.

They can make a deal w/him right up until the jury goes in to deliberate, I can't see why that would prevent them from charging him w/murder if they have the evidence, to me, a murder charge is MORE leverage to get him talk and tell the truth.

I wont' say my feelings on AR other than, they are not warm and fuzzy.

I really can't see this as anything but a very, very bad sign.

I agree totally limom! According to the blurb (the profile is set to private) she's going to Maine. Seems excited and not at all regretful. Could be just my interpretation but considering Denise's role or lack of responsibility, not a long shot by any means.

snip

Thanks for the link Tom'sGirl.

I'm wondering if the Feds are simply being very cautious before they proceed in court. IIRC, the involvement of the Feds is only because of the newly signed Adam Walsh Child Protection And Safety Act Of 2006. Without this Act, this case would be a State case.
( http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/07/20060727-7.html )

So far as I know, this Act has never been tested in court and remains controversial among many in LE. New definitions of "kidnapping" and "sexual exploitation of minors on the Internet" are untested.

If the Adam Walsh Act is judged unconstitional, it could result in a mistrial in this case.

So, it is possible the delays are because of time needed to study the new law rather than the absence of evidence as to who and what killed Brooke.

-Catfish

Maybe, but it still seems like a bad sign...either they have evidence that proves Jacques killed her or they don't. The way I read the act they need LESS evidence to convict than the state would since 'kidnapping leading to death'...could mean that the kidnapper did not commit the murder but it resulted from the act of kidnapping. If they've got the evidence he killed her, then even IF his conviction were to be overturned on the grounds of the law being unconstittutionally vague, he could still be tried for the state charges, I don't think double jeapardy applies w/federal vs. state...

Maybe I'm being too negative but this really feels to me that they don't have the evidence and/or don't know what really happened to her and who exactly was involved.

I guess we can count out the idea that Jacques will be pleading guitly anytime soon.

Unfortunately, I would tend to agree, HOWEVER, perhaps it is so complicated, and we have a minor or perhaps even two minors that may be implicated in some way (no matter how peripherally) that the Feds want to proceed with as air tight a case as possible.

Hi,

From timesargus.com comes following story:

Delay is sought in Jacques case - Prosecutors say they need more time to investigate

-snip-

"The investigation involves the collection of significant amounts of tangible and electronic evidence in multiple jurisdictions and the forensic analysis of such evidence," Anderson wrote. "Numerous federal, state and local law enforcement agents in Vermont, New York, Alabama and Texas have worked and continue to work on this investigation."

Complete article: http://www.timesargus.com:80/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/NEWS01/807310352/1002/NEWS01

I was aware of investigation in Vermont, Alabama and Texas. Perhaps I've missed an article somewhere, because this is the first I've read of investigation in New York.

Would someone fill me in about New York. TIA

-Catfish

hard to say...it could be just that NY agents are working on the case OR it could be that there is a NY connection to online child *advertiser censored* that they've found since having more time to look at the computer records, which to a degree would make sense...large city, lot of very sophisticated technology folks...would probably be fairly easy to operate something under the radar I'd think.

They can make a deal w/him right up until the jury goes in to deliberate, I can't see why that would prevent them from charging him w/murder if they have the evidence, to me, a murder charge is MORE leverage to get him talk and tell the truth.

I wont' say my feelings on AR other than, they are not warm and fuzzy.

I really can't see this as anything but a very, very bad sign.

I agree from a legal standpoint BUT LE might feel they have more leverage to get him to make a deal IF they hold off formally charging him. Hopefully this is a psychological/legal ploy only & NOT a sign that there's any trouble with the case.

I'm just grasping at straws & hoping I'm right & you're wrong here.

And I'm with you as far as AR. 100%

I agree totally limom! According to the blurb (the profile is set to private) she's going to Maine. Seems excited and not at all regretful. Could be just my interpretation but considering Denise's role or lack of responsibility, not a long shot by any means.

Ugh. Hopefully she's talking about going to a residential treatment center in Maine.

Frankly, I have to wonder WHY she's not in one now & how on earth she can be chattering away on the internet as if nothing happened.

What are they waiting for..... another victim????

Just found this on our County court calendar

Friday, Aug. 29 Jacques vs. Jacques
at 2:00 PM in Room cmc 119-7-08 Oedm/Divorce
Case Managers Conference
Atty(s): Todd C. Steadman

I agree from a legal standpoint BUT LE might feel they have more leverage to get him to make a deal IF they hold off formally charging him. Hopefully this is a psychological/legal ploy only & NOT a sign that there's any trouble with the case.

I'm just grasping at straws & hoping I'm right & you're wrong here.

And I'm with you as far as AR. 100%

I hope I'm wrong too, but I was fairly certain they were only waiting for the autopsy report before charging him with murder and that since her body was found in good enough shape for an open casket it would be pretty easy to determine COD...and figure out who killed her. I figured that between Gagnon, juvenile 2 and electronic/forensic records they could come pretty close to reconstructing Brooke's last hours and who did what...solve the mystery, figure out if AR left when she said or not, get the time of death fairly close and work from there...

I am having trouble believing AR is really back on myspace...so, on this, I am going to ignore it and believe that its a fake entry, because IF this is true, if she is really back on myspace posting about her trip to Maine...dear god in heaven, its only a matter of time before she gets mixed up in another crime...as it would to me show ZERO remorse, that she has been so victimized that now she simply doesn't have any compassion left in her soul...and if that is the case then she's dangerous, whether or not its her fault, a person with no capacity for remorse, reflection or compassion is dangerous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back