Conrad Murray trial -Day three.

Am sure expert witnesses will give the jury details on the propofol in the saline bag, gravity flow and the amount of propofol MJ would have received. Of course defense is gonna say michael opened the flow to make it run faster. I would never believe this in a million years.

I missed it. What did he say about mouth to mouth?

I think the dr told Alvarez "This is the first time I have done mouth to mouth, I have never done it before." But, my computer is doing something so some was bleeped out, maybe someone else has more accurate info and more of it.

Why batteries and not electricity with battery backup? Why that specific time frame of June 25?

It was to establish why Alveraz had seen it before. Murray needed batteries for it. I dont know why it was powered that way.

Btw I thought Alveraz was going to apear much meaner. The way yesterday the defence was Alveraz ,Alveraz ,Alveraz in their questions.

OMG - Murray told Alverez after MJ was pronounced that "he was hungry and hadn't eaten anything all day".

Just.No.Words.

I give my Mom injections every day. I DO NOT deal with vials and rubber stoppers for any other reason so I am NOT expert on rubber stoppers but I'm thinking.....
The rubber stopper is meant for a needle, injection.
Once an actual slit is made in the rubber, from what I am holding in my hand right now (my Mom's med/vial/injectable) I would think that rubber stopper would stretch. Maybe not a lot of stretch but with my thumb on the rubber I can see how a slit opening could stretch easily allowing way too much medication to flow out, No?
I'm just thinking out loud so if anyone can explain why or why not, I'd appreciate it.

(I'm a lab tech, I don't administer IVs, but I'm familiar with them)

If you were to simply puncture or slit a rubber-stopped vial, in theory little to none of the contents of the vial should come out. You would have to attach the slit vial to a tube or syringe in order to get the contents out.

IMO, Dr. Murray was using the IV bag simply as a very crude connecter to administer the propofol. It sounds as if he cut the saline bag, emptied the contents, cut a slit in the propofol vial, placed the vial in the empty saline bag, attaching the slit rubber vial to the IV tubing, allowing the propofol to run freely to the tubing into the IV ultimately inserted in MJ's leg. The saline bag also acted as a means to suspend the propofol and keep it connected to the IV pole.

Very crude, septic, dangerous. Just outrageous.

Wow, Alvarez asked to do paid interviews ONLY 9-10 times. Range of 500,000 to 200,000. The 200 thousand being National Enquirer. He said he did none of them.

Did the Prosecutors ask the other witness those questions about selling storys?

Chernoff next, appears to have a pained expression on his face.

Wow, Alvarez asked to do paid interviews ONLY 9-10 times. Range of 500,000 to 200,000. The 200 thousand being National Enquirer. He said he did none of them.

A real gentleman and a testament to the respect he had for Michael Jackson.

Hey Chernoff, hey stupid, every IV bag has a nub coming from it! Stop wasting time!

Or LE told him not to discuss the case with anyone.

Or he is scared of something, could be any number of reasons really.

Defense is doing what defense does. However, these particular few questions are weak, as you are all describing, so I don't think there is much to discredit Alvarez' testimony on. We'll see. But so far, not working.

ETA: I have also noticed the gray haired attorney by Dr. Murray keeps looking at Murray during evidence showing, watching him closely and speculatively. I am not sure that attorney thinks Murray is innocent in any capacity, or maybe he is just looking at him to be sure he does not have an overt reaction.

This questioning makes no sense to me. Is he defense atty trying to suggest that there are some IV bags with no "nub" at the point where tubing is attached? I'd like him to show one to us all.

OMG - here we go. Isn't it possible that you are confused about these events?

I don't see Alvarez backing down. Given his lack of medical knowledge, he should not be expected to recall every detail even when initially questioned. Only a person familiar with medical equipment would be able to do that because they would know what to look for and would have picked-up that something was wrong immediately.

Did the Prosecutors ask the other witness those questions about selling storys?

Yes. He said he was approached by journalists approx 15-20 times, and offered 150 -500 thousand dollars. He declined.

The prosecutor aske the witness how MJ death impacted his life, specifically finacially, and he said that it financially ruined him. He went from working full-time with a great salary to working sporadically.

yea as a RN myself. This dr was so stupidly insane to be doing what he did. I agree with Nancy Grace he is under charged. Should be 1st degree. This is so sad and sickening. I pray this jury is better than Casey Anthony's. If only he could get more than just 4 freak'n years!

Defense is doing what defense does. However, these particular few questions are weak, as you are all describing, so I don't think there is much to discredit Alvarez' testimony on. We'll see. But so far, not working.

ETA: I have also noticed the gray haired attorney by Dr. Murray keeps looking at Murray during evidence showing, watching him closely and speculatively. I am not sure that attorney thinks Murray is innocent in any capacity, or maybe he is just looking at him to be sure he does not have an overt reaction.

He is def watching Dr Conrad closely. I too have been wondering about this.
Maybe hes an emotional man..NOT.

The defence lawyer is trying to push the phone call from 1218 to 1219. Um..how is that going to help because at 12 19 .30 pm Alveraz is at the bottom of the stairs with his eyes on Dr Murray. Already done with the phone call.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back