AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the previous thread, PAXIMUS mentioned wanting to see RC's FB page. It made me wander back over there to look around (which I'm still doing). I originally went to her page WAY back in the beginning when the topic of discussion was that their first interview/public announcement was only "odd" because english isn't their first language, so I was there just seeing what types of things she posted to get a feel for how true that was, etc.

I was hoping to find some little tid-bits of info that might be significant, but I guess I just saw the same things that have already been mentioned:
-Practically no mention of husband as far back as I can go. She mentions getting home from a dude ranch with him back in 2010, but then from that point forward (until present time) he's pretty much left out.
-She wishes all her children happy birthday each year on their birthdays (her oldest who appears to have been born only 3 months after they were married, not that I'm judging ;) I was pregnant when I got married as well, just a piece of info I noticed), she wishes everyone happy mother's day each year, but you know what date never gets recognized....their anniversary. Mildly interesting right?

But really, aside from little updates here and there...you aren't missing much Paximus! :)

BBM I noticed that too and found it interesting. But, I also didn't mention our anniversary last year, and we have a very loving marriage. Then again, I don't really post much on fb to begin with. :)

Why didn't Becky simply get a restraining order against Sergio? Why involve CPS at all? She has to know what LE is concerned about. Isn't she just as concerned? She seems so passive about it.

MOO

Why didn't Becky simply get a restraining order against Sergio? Why involve CPS at all? She has to know what LE is concerned about. Isn't she just as concerned? She seems so passive about it.

MOO

Maybe something came from the kids via a teacher, for instance, and it was news to her too...just a guess...who knows.

I noticed the lack of Sergio content interesting too.

I don't find this odd at all. My husband is not on FB, so I very rarely mention anything about him. I'm "friends" with people he works with, and he's not big on me talking about anything personal or family related. He doesn't even like me posting pictures of our kids, even though I have privacy settings.

Maybe something came from the kids via a teacher, for instance, and it was news to her too...just a guess...who knows.

That's a good point. The boys only went back to school Thurs or Fri. Maybe one of them finally had some alone time with a best friend and confided something. Something about Sergio.

Some post way too much information on FB. I certainly have friends whose spouses refuse to indulge in any social media. Sometimes the friends do mention the spouse anyway, sometimes they do not. I just thought that posting a pic of Isa, and going out of the way to call her a date, and not mentioning her husband anywhere, was a bit unusual. She has a pic of her and her son attending what I gathered as her husband's performance, and makes no mention of him. JMO In my experience, if one's spouse does perform in public, one usually will promote that performance. Of course, there is no rule for this. These are all just impressions that I had that first week Isa went missing. I did believe their late press interviews, and feel a bit had at the moment, even if premature.
JMO

That's very likely. Teachers are mandatory reporters. If they even slightly suspect any type of abuse they must report it. If a mandatory reporter overheard a conversation between one of the boys and some friends, that person is required to report it to the proper authorities.

I used to coach at a private Catholic school and had to go through a reporting module to be cleared to coach. I was/am a mandatory reporter of suspected abuse.

Sergio's family has been in Tucson since at least the late 60s...I'm certain on that.

Wonder what happened to Uncle/cousin ? Wonder if he's still in Tucson ? MOO

MOO

You make a good point. Was she oblivious to what was going on in the home? Or did something happen recently that may have triggered the latest developments? Did Sergio have an emotional breakdown and the kids were at risk? Or is there more? Is he involved in Isa's disappearance and mom had no clue? Did one of the boys witness something?

Still so many unanswered questions. I almost dismissed the neighbour who heard the voices at 6:30 but now I'm wondering if something happened and she indeed hear something.

Did we ever find out what time RC went to work that Saturday? Why is that such a big secret?

Some post way too much information on FB. I certainly have friends whose spouses refuse to indulge in any social media. Sometimes the friends do mention the spouse anyway, sometimes they do not. I just thought that posting a pic of Isa, and going out of the way to call her a date, and not mentioning her husband anywhere, was a bit unusual. She has a pic of her and her son attending what I gathered as her husband's performance, and makes no mention of him. JMO In my experience, if one's spouse does perform in public, one usually will promote that performance. Of course, there is no rule for this. These are all just impressions that I had that first week Isa went missing. I did believe their late press interviews, and feel a bit had at the moment, even if premature.
JMO

I think you made a good observation. You're right that some do post way too much info but if someone posts pictures of their children and other family members and NOT one picture of their spouse or a family photo with the 5 of them, I would think that is very suspicious. It's not like Sergio is a stranger to the camera, kwim?

I have been following this case from the beginning and LE has been tight-lipped and the family has as well. I just don't think there is enough reliable information available to make an opinion on this case. That doesn't mean I don't have one, as we all do, but I am afraid that we are mostly writing fiction.

I think you made a good observation. You're right that some do post way too much info but if someone posts pictures of their children and other family members and NOT one picture of their spouse or a family photo with the 5 of them, I would think that is very suspicious. It's not like Sergio is a stranger to the camera, kwim?

Just Devil's Advocate - Perhaps he isn't in any photos because he's the one behind the camera? Many family outing photos of my family growing up hardly ever included my dad because he was the one taking the photos of us girls.

I have a few questions about the FB page of BC. There was a trip to Vegas on 3/23 - 3/24 to visit the Monster Truck Jam XXIII.... that sure doesn't seem like something SC would be into.. maybe I am wrong? :waitasec: It was supposed to be 'with the family'. At some time in the fairly recent past (in FB terms anyway), SB named someone with the initials MR as her 'daughter'. This person looks to be at least as old, if not older than BC. What is up with that? Just found that kind of interesting since a "sister" was supposed to have been the one who called 911 that morning per the released scanner information. Also, does any one know for sure, how long the family has lived in Tucson?
A one day Vegas trip? That's a 430 mile trip (7 hours in the car with 3 whining kids) or SW plane tickets for 5 ($$) to see a monster truck jam? Hmmmm. Is Sergio a professional bridge player or gambler? (Help me out here.)

There is an older Sergio Celis living in Los Vegas. Maybe they were visiting relatives and then went to the monster truck show?

Many young people label their friends as their family on FB.

Just Devil's Advocate - Perhaps he isn't in any photos because he's the one behind the camera? Many family outing photos of my family growing up hardly ever included my dad because he was the one taking the photos of us girls.

That to me would mean that Becky is mostly in front of the camera, but I don't see that either.

I don't know about other states but in VA a no contact order is placed for ANY kind of DV or even a generalized threat. For example, my ex's ex wife sent a text message to herself by using Verizon online...simply entered his phone number as the from number. In the text there was a comment about harming her & the child if she didn't come home. She simply took out the warrant and the no contact was automatically added. He proved it was sent from a computer & from her ISP at his arraignment.

Similar occurrence: Boyfriend tries to drag friend by her arm. In order to get loose she slapped him. They shared a child, and it was his weekend for visitation, but baby was home with his mom at her house and he was out drinking. He took out an assault charge, and again mother received a no contact til her arraignment.

Just MOO but maybe the house is bugged and Sergio made a comment as harmless (given the situation) as "BC, if you harmed her I'll do the same to you" or "If she's gone, I want us all to be together"

Just a thought...

On the previous thread, PAXIMUS mentioned wanting to see RC's FB page. It made me wander back over there to look around (which I'm still doing). I originally went to her page WAY back in the beginning when the topic of discussion was that their first interview/public announcement was only "odd" because english isn't their first language, so I was there just seeing what types of things she posted to get a feel for how true that was, etc.

I was hoping to find some little tid-bits of info that might be significant, but I guess I just saw the same things that have already been mentioned:
-Practically no mention of husband as far back as I can go. She mentions getting home from a dude ranch with him back in 2010, but then from that point forward (until present time) he's pretty much left out.
-She wishes all her children happy birthday each year on their birthdays (her oldest who appears to have been born only 3 months after they were married, not that I'm judging ;) I was pregnant when I got married as well, just a piece of info I noticed), she wishes everyone happy mother's day each year, but you know what date never gets recognized....their anniversary. Mildly interesting right?

But really, aside from little updates here and there...you aren't missing much Paximus! :)

Now I am not married to my boyfriend, but I have never once mentioned our anniversary on Facebook. We don't really mention it IRL either nor do we celebrate it. In passing, we may mention that we've been together X years, but other than that, no mention at all. Our relationship is strong, that just isn't our thing.

Not that I am defending her because I do believe something is off about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong