Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the first time, apparently:

http://www.mako.org.au/temp_c.html

Scroll down until you locate Brett Peter Cohen (aka Brett Peter Cowan) Northern Territory-Darwin. Brisbane Queensland

HEY Laserdisc! what s cracking? missed you last night...really warmed to you by the end on WED night!!:blushing:

have you got a sick note for last night?

Hiya Mountie :)

Just pacing myself, lol

(truth is, had a lot to do, still do. Just dropping in to read you guys when I get the chance -- it's good reading. Keep on keeping on and hope to catch you later)

Gosh Dark Shadow - I said the practically the same thing last night back on page 5 in that I thought GBC was not the actual killer and it was not well received - because it disagreed with the majority of posters who must know something more than I do about this case as they have more or less 'hung, drawn and quartered' GBC. Good on you for posting it. Obviously being a criminologist, has some pull over the forum here.

sorry if this happened, I have seen several people come and go on this forum and say similar things about reserving judgement on his guilt and I don't recall them being 'shut down'
I must go back and have a look at your post

I didn't know it either...i just copied that meaning from a previous poster! Yeah...i've been away too long. Also never lived in QLD ....only NSW and WA. Sorry about that folks

All good Oz Expat Sing, get yourself down to clarke quay for a tiger beer

I have never heard it in my life before and I am a Queenslander. Must be gutter slang. Small things ...

Pardon? Can't say I know much about Gutter slang. Not sure if it's country town slang or Police jargon or maybe country town Police slang but I have heard it used extensivly in that context but I'll never use it again. Back to the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linette
haha.... 47 with 5 kids.

hahaha....You are the old chook of the group (winks)

I turned 39 yesterday and baybee, I feel like my bones are croaking...um I mean, creaking....lol

NAH.....but wait, theres more.....I am 54 with 3 grown kids EGAD I must be the eldest:rocker:

Awwww but wiser maybe>>>>???????????? roflmao

T I think perhaps we should briefly explain the Daniel Morcombe case. Here goes:

Daniel was 13 years of age, he lived in a small town called Woombye about 130 kilometres north of Brisbane.

He was the one of three sons, one of the other boys his twin. He set out on Sunday in early December to go Christmas Shopping. He waited on a busy road for a bus, the intended bus had broken down and took a while to get going. People recalled seeing a car on the other side of the road with a man leaning against it. The bus eventually arrived, but had been told not to pick up any passengers and if didn't stop for Daniel, another bus was following about 10 minutes behind. Daniel was never seen alive again.
Only last year a man was charged with his murder after a long police investigation, he now awaits trial.

Daniel parent's have been remarkable and have kept his name and the case in the publi eye since 2008?. The accused man was a known pedophile and Daniels parents were exposed to a side of life most of us find repulsive, in the search for there son.

A funeral still has not been held for Daniel, his body has still not been released to his parents.

And the cops never gave up on this creep. They followed him to the other side of the country and ambushed him for however long to get that evidence. I think undercover cops posed as man and wife and lived in a caravan near his for months to gather evidence. They get their man in the end.

They're paedophiles. A 20 year study conducted in the UK, involving innumerable paedophiles, released its conclusions maybe a decade or so ago. Their conclusion was (and they were regretful) that paedophiles cannot be 'cured' by rehabilitation or anything else. In fact, the study concluded that rehabilitation itself was a fail. The researchers were of the opinion that only one thing prevents people from offending/reoffending, and that one thing is concern for themselves, i.e., if the potential offender/reoffender fears they will suffer as result of their actions, this has the power to modify their behaviour. So, if the offender might suffer from their acts, they'll think twice about it and may not do it. If they believe they will get away with it, they carry on

Paedophiles are sexually attracted to children, in the same way heterosexuals are attracted to adults of the opposite sex and gays are attracted to same sex

Paedophiles have a tremendous sex-drive. Studies have shown that even in their 7th and 8th decade, they are still sexually active

Paedophiles can't 'help' being sexually attracted to minors. It's the way they're wired. Castration, chemical or other, can't completely curb their sexual attraction to minor, if in fact it curbs it at all

So, we have in our society people who want to have sex with our children. For them, sex with children is 'normal'. They're not attracted to adults

I used to become sick with fear and rage re: paedophiles. But when you think about it, they can no more help their sexuality than they can help the colour of their eyes

So, would we want a prison full of inmates to brutally attack and rape someone based on the colour of their eyes? No, of course not

At the same time, can we afford to have paedophiles in our society? I believe we cannot and there must be legislation to put them to death. Humanely

Let them be God's problem. We have children to keep safe and raise - children who should be allowed to enjoy their childhood free of predatory paedophiles

IMO

Laserdisc, love your posts..
glad you're back : )

They're paedophiles. A 20 year study conducted in the UK, involving innumerable paedophiles, released its conclusions maybe a decade or so ago. Their conclusion was (and they were regretful) that paedophiles cannot be 'cured' by rehabilitation or anything else. In fact, the study concluded that rehabilitation itself was a fail. The researchers were of the opinion that only one thing prevents people from offending/reoffending, and that one thing is concern for themselves, i.e., if the potential offender/reoffender fears they will suffer as result of their actions, this has the power to modify their behaviour. So, if the offender might suffer from their acts, they'll think twice about it and may not do it. If they believe they will get away with it, they carry on

Paedophiles are sexually attracted to children, in the same way heterosexuals are attracted to adults of the opposite sex and gays are attracted to same sex

Paedophiles have a tremendous sex-drive. Studies have shown that even in their 7th and 8th decade, they are still sexually active

Paedophiles can't 'help' being sexually attracted to minors. It's the way they're wired. Castration, chemical or other, can't completely curb their sexual attraction to minor, if in fact it curbs it at all

So, we have in our society people who want to have sex with our children. For them, sex with children is 'normal'. They're not attracted to adults

I used to become sick with fear and rage re: paedophiles. But when you think about it, they can no more help their sexuality than they can help the colour of their eyes

So, would we want a prison full of inmates to brutally attack and rape someone based on the colour of their eyes? No, of course not

At the same time, can we afford to have paedophiles in our society? I believe we cannot and there must be legislation to put them to death. Humanely

Let them be God's problem. We have children to keep safe and raise - children who should be allowed to enjoy their childhood free of predatory paedophiles

IMO

there simply is no rehabilitation for these people.....as you said, they are wired this way

Poor Daniel, another example of truly dignified people. His parents are amazing,strong examples of decent people. I can not imagine how they coped. I walked for Daniel earlier this year in Ipswich and I bawled my eyes out the whole walk. I was just so overcome with emotion. I carry a few of the pens around everywhere I go. I agree, animals like that disgrace of a human should be put down like other wild animals.

I was quite young when Sian Kingi was abducted, I didn't realize at the time what really happened but I never,ever forgot her face. I saw her on the news and thought how pretty she was. Oh man, some people have serious problems, some should never reproduce. James Bulger, so sad that the list could go on and on. :maddening::maddening:

you're right it could go on and on...jayden leski is another that comes to mind...thanks for sharing your Daniel experience

IMO

Can you please post a link or reference to this alleged study/studies that you quote?

IMO

Geez, they sexually assault little people, and often kill them. They deserve for someone to do the same to them.

I find this way of thinking to be the ultimate in the "he couldn't help it" defense, and I've never seen someone defend a Paedophile!!! Except a lawyer of course. And even they would have to scrub themselves down afterwards.

I initially skimmed by this comment, but now that I have reread it I think you touch on something that really disturbs me. It's safe to think that one person could be a lunatic or somehow deranged or lose thier temper and kill another person, but when you get into the arena of people killing together, it is quite disturbing.

How do you have that conversation?

I remember a case a few years ago in WA where 3 teenage girls were having a sleepover and two of them got to talking about how they would not feel bad about commiting murder and decided then and there that they would kill the third girl. They strangled her to death and buried her under the house. Just like that.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...rder-of-wa-teen/2006/06/22/1150845289970.html

Another thing that really chills me is when there is a woman who is complicit in acquiring victims for a male partner to rape and kill, like Myra Hindley in the infamous moors murders.

How the f*ck do you get involved with that?

It's tragic and its sick and it's inexplicable to me. I can't even begin to imagine how someone would get mixed up with that.

ok you are freaking me out...that happened in a place called Collie....I lived there for 5 months last year!!!! was horrified when I heard about it and of course googled everything I could. It totally blew my mind, these girls did this for fun..only fun...and tried it out and cats or kittens before killing her. Not a care in the world and no remorse. As I look over my places of residence...I am starting to get a little spun out by all this!!!

as for the concept of women killers, I too commented in this thread (#9) about how I get really f*cking scared when it comes to women killers...It goes against everything I believe about women and nurturing. As I said earlier, the intensity of the rage you sometimes see on a scorned woman (in the movies) is , to me, absolutely terrifying..BTW, I am a woman and mother of 4

Hi there fellow Sleuthers! You guys are a really wonderful bunch. It has been really amusing and heartwarming to see how the dynamics of this group has changed since thread 1. It is almost like a friendship growing....initially testing the waters and rather formal, to good buddies in thread 9! This includes the mods..especiallly Kimster!

I have this thread open on my laptop and keep checking for updates...my posts are not too many...one of the reasons being that I used to live in the area, have had interactions with all the parties concerned and others who are closely connected to these parties. If I talk too much my identitiy would be divulged!!!

The sounds of the jungle drums are deafening today....a lot with what was posted last night and some other new apparent discoveries by QPS.....Not sure if I should be posting them as I really dont know if they are fact and dont want to get everyone going on a wild goose chase...

Will end by saying you guys are a really great bunch....l personally love the blend of seriousness and humour and wish we could have met under different circumstances...

And Hawkins...Where are you?? You are the best! I feel like I am sitting in on a law lecture when I read your posts!

The sounds of the jungle drums are deafening today....a lot with what was posted last night and some other new apparent discoveries by QPS.....Not sure if I should be posting them as I really dont know if they are fact and dont want to get everyone going on a wild goose chase...!

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who wants to know what you've heard! :)

Nice to see you maverik....Wish you could tell us what the jungle drums were banging on about today....but I understand you not divulging. When Hawkins posts a message, I tend to have to read it a few times over....But eventually I get it. His last one wasnt so hard though.

I noticed you lurking in the list below and wondered why you werent posting anymore.....You are a lovely person too. It is a rather strange way to meet people, this way. But, you are right......they are a lovely bunch of coconuts....giggles

:):)
Hi there fellow Sleuthers! You guys are a really wonderful bunch. It has been really amusing and heartwarming to see how the dynamics of this group has changed since thread 1. It is almost like a friendship growing....initially testing the waters and rather formal, to good buddies in thread 9! This includes the mods..especiallly Kimster!

I have this thread open on my laptop and keep checking for updates...my posts are not too many...one of the reasons being that I used to live in the area, have had interactions with all the parties concerned and others who are closely connected to these parties. If I talk too much my identitiy would be divulged!!!

The sounds of the jungle drums are deafening today....a lot with what was posted last night and some other new apparent discoveries by QPS.....Not sure if I should be posting them as I really dont know if they are fact and dont want to get everyone going on a wild goose chase...

Will end by saying you guys are a really great bunch....l personally love the blend of seriousness and humour and wish we could have met under different circumstances...

And Hawkins...Where are you?? You are the best! I feel like I am sitting in on a law lecture when I read your posts!

Hey Maverik, but if those jungle drums has enabled you to put together a new theory you could post that with the obligatory IMO/MOO etc then it is a theory not a rumour

good post..smiling as I read it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member