Deceased/Not Found VA - Bethany Decker, 21, Ashburn, 29 Jan 2011 *Guilty*

I will never stop wondering what happened to Bethany and her unborn child. Praying that they are found someday and someone can be brought to justice.

This is so tragic! Was her car ever located??

This is so tragic! Was her car ever located??

I agree, meanmaryjean . . . tragic. :(

To answer your question, I think everything I've personally read in the past has always stated that her car was left at/near her apartment complex. Examples snipped and BBM:

Decker's car was left behind in the parking lot of her apartment complex on Orchard Grass Terrace. Authorities tell us that a records search indicates that she did not leave the country, but there has been no activity on her bank accounts, cell phones or e-mail.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2014/01/27/decker-missing-3-years/4940505/

Authorities say they found Bethany 's car parked near her apartment on Orchard Grass Terrace and there were no signs to indicate where she was. There was no sign she packed a bag or planned to leave her apartment, though her lease was due to expire at the end of January, according to the Sheriff's office. Investigators say that since Jan. 29 her cell phone, bank account, Facebook account, and credit cards have not been used.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bethany-decker-21-year-old-pregnant-mason-university-student-missing

I sincerely hope her family and loved ones get answers someday. :(

This is all speculation on my part, of course, but -- I think Bethany knew she was in danger and may have formed a plan to get to a safe place. I definitely think she was in fear for her life, and might have taken desperate measures to flee. There are a couple ways she may have done this. For example, she may have contacted an organization that helps abused women go "underground" to get away from their abusers. I think it's possible she gave this plan careful thought well in advance, and timed it to ensure she could get out. As I said this is just speculation on my part. If local law enforcement has discovered any evidence or leads in this case, they have kept it close to the vest. If her boyfriend was involved, it seems they haven't found anything concrete to link him to Bethany's disappearance.

Re:the car. I guess I have my cases confused. I'd have sworn her car was missing.

It takes a special kind of evil to disappear a pregnant woman....

I don't know if this possibility has been mentioned before, but maybe it was ED who wanted the child to stay with the grandparents. Considering that he more than likely knew that Bethany was living with this other man, maybe he didn't want his child in that situation. It's also been mentioned how close her family is with him, so it kind of makes sense. MOO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wait what? The boyfriend RR hasn't taken a polygraph? I thought he had taken one and passed? Going back to see now. May have been the husband who took one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wait what? The boyfriend RR hasn't taken a polygraph? I thought he had taken one and passed? Going back to see now. May have been the husband who took one.

I believe her husband took one and passed. Her boyfriend, and father of her second child-to-be, had not taken one. She was reportedly afraid of the bf. If he still hasn't taken one, I would ask him the reason he has refused...it just makes him seem guilty as hell to me.

I believe her husband took one and passed. Her boyfriend, and father of her second child-to-be, had not taken one. She was reportedly afraid of the bf. If he still hasn't taken one, I would ask him the reason he has refused...it just makes him seem guilty as hell to me.

Thank you! That explains it. I guess I just don't understand the laws and rules surrounding polygraphs. He was the last one that saw her, gave conflicting stories as to when it was, and was controlling. At what point can LE force a polygraph? Or are those only if the person agrees?

Thank you! That explains it. I guess I just don't understand the laws and rules surrounding polygraphs. He was the last one that saw her, gave conflicting stories as to when it was, and was controlling. At what point can LE force a polygraph? Or are those only if the person agrees?

Polygraphs are voluntary AND the results are not admissible in court as evidence.

Polygraphs are voluntary AND the results are not admissible in court as evidence.

this. they can't make him take one. he also isn't cooperating at all, meaning he isn't answering any more questions, either. you would think he would be concerned about the welfare of his unborn (well, now born) child.

they can charge him with her murder, even without her body, based on circumstantial evidence, but I think testimony from her husband would hurt their case, and LE wouldn't want to risk losing the chance to prosecute him.

Just from my understanding of his extreme obsessive behaviour, I think he killed her. :(

I hope they find her soon, so her family can have peace, and I hope..."the person" responsible for killing her and her baby rots. jmo.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014:

1:00 PM
60 MIN.

Disappeared (Season 5)
The Soldier's Wife
TV-PG CC

21-year-old Bethany Decker is a hard-working student, waitress, mother, and wife of a National Guardsman serving in Afghanistan. When she vanishes while pregnant with her second child, police discover her life was more complicated than anyone realized.

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Saw the episode before and I still think the BF had something to do with her disappearance. I just wondered what happened to her unborn child =/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just saw the episode on "Disappeared". So tragic. I have spent the last 2.5 hours catching up and between the episode and the thread, the bf looked good for me. But, then I read a very small comment on the FB page that suggested the show only portrayed one side and that the marriage had a very "dark side" to it. Up until I read that I had pretty much cleared the husband in my head. He seemed very sincere, IMO. Perhaps I missed something about this marriage in the thread? Could someone who has been following this case perhaps shed a light on this dark side for me, if there was one?

Side note....I do not understand why this has not received the attention it should have. I understand and agree with some of the comments in regards to the Lacey Peterson case and all the attention that received. Here you have a bright, young, married, middle class pregnant college student mom involved in a love triangle with 2 possible POI's and the case is barely alive. I too was taken back by the composure of the family in the PC, especially the mom. The grandmother seemed more distraught ( slightly) than the mother. So weird.

So, my fellow WSers. Thoughts, fill ins on the state of this marriage regarding a dark side would be greatly appreciated.

Really hoping Bethany is alive and just lying low somewhere.

Passing this one on:

From CUE Center for Missing Persons - Virginia director:

In October we will be holding our 11th annual Road to Remember Tour which raises awareness of missing persons from coast to coast... There are currently four Virginia rally stops confirmed.. We have been asked to add these particular missing persons by either family and/or LE to help bring continued or renewed interest, awareness, and generation of new investigative leads.. These particular Virginia missing range from one year missing to 26 years missing...
One rally stop on Friday, October 10th:
Rocky Mount
Heather Hodges
Three rally stops on Saturday, October 11th:
Lovingston
Alexis Murphy
Charlottesville
Dashad "Sage" Smith
Fredricksburg
Samantha Clarke
Bethany Decker
Melanie Metheny
Jerry Plaster

So I popped in on the CUE rally in Fredericksburg this afternoon. Lots of members of Bethany's family were there, as well as the aunt of Samantha Clarke. Here's a photo of the banner they're taking along on their current tour:

I'm assuming they chose to represent her in Fredericksburg because her family's from here, even though the case doesn't seem to be centered here.

I have to assume based on the deafening silence on this case that Loudoun's finest probably believe that the boyfriend is responsible, perhaps based on his arrest history, and that they don't currently have enough evidence to suggest, much less prove, that he did something. I'm guessing they're just taking a wait-and-see-what-he-does-next approach, assuming that most people fail to break their patterns. His most recent interaction (in Fairfax County, anyway) is a misdemeanor assault, which was finalized as nolle prosequi in July.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back