GUILTY WY - Katherine 'Katy' Coffee, 35, Newcastle, 3 June 2011

I was informed by another friend who lived on the street Katy was murdered on that DCI, SO or NPD have NEVER even interviewed half of the neighbors on that street!!!! Just makes me so mad!!!!

Just thinking of who in the world did this and why????

A little update.

I work for the the same agency Katy did (in Texas) and had been interviewed by the investigators. Recently a rumor had floated around in Texas that they had found the guilty party and arrested [him]. Well, the whole story sounded a bit far-fetched, so I had a friend of mine (a mutual friend of Katy's) call the investigators that had interviewed us.

As it turns out, the story ended up being a fake. BUT, they did say that they had some decent leads on a couple suspects. Supposedly, there was an arrest to be made recently (last week or so) of a person for unrelated charges, but that this person was suspected to be involved in Katy's murder. Another suspect was in custody for other unrelated charges and was to be questioned after the first one was taken into custody. I have not called the investigators back to find out...just been wathcing the Newcastle papers for headlines to show up (nothing so far).

Anyway, at least they have suspects pin-pointed. The investigator, according to my friend, showed no reservations about discussing the facts...so I guess they won't mind getting calls? (I'm not sure what proper protocol is there...if this irritates investigators or not.)

Is there any news at all about this murder? It's been over two years! Somebody HAS to know something! This murderer didn't just disappear into thin air!

I grew up with Katy. I keep checking back and I'm so sad nothing has seemed to come to fruition in this case. She really was a quiet, tender girl, from a super nice family. I'm sure they continue to be heartbroken. I'm glad to see other people interested and keeping her in mind.

Katy was my daughter-in-law at one time. She was a sweet girl. I can not believe that this has happened to her. I keep hoping that someday they will find the one that did this.

BAP and Fiction76, please contact a Moderator and become verified insiders for Katy's case.

Thanks for your work for Katy,

Laughing

Still nothing? I still keep Katy's phone number in my work binder. It keeps her memory alive. I keep checking to see if there's any news. Please keep looking.

I am KaiaEarth from the post above. We worked in Texas together. I just couldn't remember my password to get logged in so I re registered

I got a phone call this week from a person asking if the reward was doubled. I have asked around, but as usual, no one knows anything OR is WILLING to say anything.

Did you work with her here, or in Texas? I knew that the DCI took a trip to Texas to see and ask her old BF questions...

Anything new?? Certain things and times if year make me think of her. I hope they find who did this for her familys sake

I live in the area and the latest rumor I've heard is something that corresponds with what user ahs said in her 2013 comment:

Supposedly, there was an arrest to be made recently (last week or so) of a person for unrelated charges, but that this person was suspected to be involved in Katy's murder. Another suspect was in custody for other unrelated charges and was to be questioned after the first one was taken into custody.

According to rumor, the supposed suspect is a local woman who was arrested and sentenced for intent to distribute and distribution of meth in 2013. Not sure what her motive was supposed to be, though I've heard jealousy/conflict over a man.

Update: I mentioned in a previous post that my parents found a .22 pistol that someone tossed out into one of our pastures and turned it over to the sheriff's office, who turned it over to the DCI. Ballistics test did not match up with the gun used in Katy's murder, but they're keeping it in case it was used in some other crime, since it was obviously dumped.

Big news tonight!!!!!! They have charged a man with Katy's death!
http://www.kotatv.com/news/wyoming-news/newcastle-man-charged-with-4yearold-murder/36884316

They are being tight-lipped as of now, but at least they give *some* info:

"The county attorney says 46-year-old Michael Davis was arrested Tuesday.
Investigators also searched his Green Mountain area home near the Crook County line.
Davis is suspected in the June, 2011, death of Katherine Grace Coffee.
"

From the Weston County Sherriff facebook page:

"Weston County Attorney William Curley issued a press release Tuesday afternoon announcing that Michael Davis, a 46 year old Weston County resident, was arrested by the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation at 11:15 Tuesday morning, and a charge of second degree homicide is pending against him in the death of 35-year old Katy Coffee on June 2, 2011. Tuesday evening the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation along with Weston County Sheriff Deputies served a search warrant at the Davis residence, 667 Green Mountain Road in Weston County. Further information will be provided as it becomes available."

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=weston county sheriff

Has the man arrested given any indication as to why he killed Katy? Once they arrested him everything went silent.

Sorry it took so long to get back here. Charges were finally filed and sentencing has taken place. It appears that, in the end of it, he'll serve 10 years for felony possession of a firearm, and the manslaughter (that's right, he made a plea deal for manslaughter) time will be suspended (or however that works).
Here's the latest:
http://canadianrecord.com/?p=4856

I can NOT believe he tried to say she was looking to buy a gun, and it accidentally went off. Who tries to buy a gun in their bathrobe?! I call total B.S. But at least the case has been solved, even if the details remain a sketchy blur. Rest in peace, Katy; from all your Texas friends!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back