Detective Melich flying to CA to meet with the Padilla's. Confirmed!!!

Hmmmm, maybe the Marine is at Camp Pendleton. Or if it is San Diego the only place I can think of is Miramar, or 32nd St. Naval Station. I used to work at 32nd St. Naval Base, and it had a game room and we had Marines and Navy guys in their all the time. It was right in front of one of the piers and if I recall correctly there WERE Marines on some of the ships.

Things that make ya go HMMMMMMM!!

OOOH on a better note both my parents work on base. Should I hip my mom to BOLO for Det. Melich?? Does he golf?? Because he might want to take a couple of hours and throw down 9 holes or something?? Then I better get my dad to keep an eye out for a tee time!!

I'm guessing 29 Palms.

So all of that evidence from the trunk wasn't enough to turn it into a homicide investigation?

If you read through the names in this investigation and then go to the Sheriff's dept web site and check out their titles, I think you will find the truth.

So upon forensic evidence confirmation of a dead child the time is not right for the Homicide Unit to take over? That is really, really strange. And not at all credible.
I think it will be soon. I thought there would be no way that they'd let her bond out again...that they're timing it to coincide with her being arrested today...but, now knowing YM is travelling to California, I'm not that sure. I think there are two very active investigations going on here...building up the case against Casey (homicide) and searching for Caylee. If MH has any knowledge of this it would behoove LE to question him. Unfortunately, I think he would have stepped forward if he had pertinent information. JMO

So upon forensic evidence confirmation of a dead child the time is not right for the Homicide Unit to take over? That is really, really strange. And not at all credible.

My guess is that's why they are waiting. They want an air-tight case. These guys ARE homicide detectives.

Anybody, can you verify my statement?

I think it will be soon. I thought there would be no way that they'd let her bond out again...that they're timing it to coincide with her being arrested today...but, now knowing YM is travelling to California, I'm not that sure. I think there are two very active investigations going on here...building up the case against Casey (homicide) and searching for Caylee. If MH has any knowledge of this it would behoove LE to question him. Unfortunately, I think he would have stepped forward if he had pertinent information. JMO

Makes you wonder though if he thought maybe it would hurt his military career?

I just started reading this thread and that's exactly what I thought because Padilla said something about Hawk*ns tonight on NG's program. He said someone (not sure who) should go out and talk to him. Maybe this is what's going to happen. I sure wish someone could help with info because this is dragging on way to long. I'd love to know what was so important that Casey wanted to fly to Cali and tell that young man. Whatever it was she told her Mom & Lee but not George (or so she said).

ETA: I just re-played the show (I have a DVR) and he's stationed at 29 Palms ... where in Cali is that?

It's 142 miles east of Los Angeles. And, it's horrible. Ugly desert.

For one, they found Nicole's body. She was running in Blanchard Park, she was attacked in Blanchard Park and she was found in Blanchard Park. She wouldn't have had to have been transported anywhere and her body was not decomposed to any great extent when they found her.

Two, there was no reason to believe that the scalp tissue with hair attached belonged to Nicole. The DNA is confirmed as far as I know to be Caylee's via FBI Lab tests.

Three, LE wouldn't go to these kinds of lengths spending so much money just to put pressure on KC. Yuri will get to the bottom of this and you are right about the truth eventually coming out, one way or the other.

First of all, my post was qualified with a "what if, what if"....

I didn't say she took Nicole's body I said she could have transported it.

Nicoles body disappeared from the park on the 9th of June and wasn't found until the next day-

The body was found about two miles from the original search scene in Blanchard Park.

Link

As I wrote, the murder weapon could have also been transported in Casey's trunk.

Once again, if the hair was Caylee's and it's proof of her death her case would have been turned over to the Homicide Unit.

Why wouldn't this dude, if he knows anything, contact LE himself? Second, Casey referred to Tony L. as her boyfriend. It was his number she wanted Lee to give her.

If she was planning to lose the car, and spilt town, she mighta wanted to come here, to CA.

UGH! NO thanks! This state ain't big enough for the two of us.

It's an investigation tactic. Just as we are all guessing why YM would make this trip, Casey and her family will also sit up and take notice. It puts pressure on all of them.
When ever an event requires "calling in certain authorities" or "travel to key people in an investigation" it gets attention and does throw the suspects off balance.
I'm sure there is a very good reason for the trip to CA but letting this slip out is not an accident. JMO

He is most likely going to take video testimony from this Marine. He has most likely cleared it with the military so they can have a representative there. With a military attorney there a video testimony can be used in court in case the Marine is shipped out of the country.

I hope this is the big break in this case since she called him after the date Caylee disappeared and told him she had to talk to him. There is no telling what else she told him when she was drunk or coked up. She likely called him a number of times like drunks do ...

Not in the docs. Rob was on the NG show and said it was in the car. He wasnt allowed to ask her anything. She told him this. He said she is a talker. AH said she doesnt shut up.

He also repeated the story on Geraldo At Large. I may have it on my DVR. I'll watch it later and see if I can pick up an add'l details.

He is most likely going to take video testimony from this Marine. He has most likely cleared it with the military so they can have a representative there. With a military attorney there a video testimony can be used in court in case the Marine is shipped out of the country.

I hope this is the big break in this case since she called him after the date Caylee disappeared and told him she had to talk to him. There is no telling what else she told him when she was drunk or coked up. She likely called him a number of times like drunks do ...

Hopefully she drunk dialed..that would be absolutely fabulous.

Well, not all those folks are a lot of hogwash. WW was on the visitor list to see KC in jail.

But, some of those early "visitors" turned out to be old high school attendees who didn't really know KC, but were curious.

I don't think LE ever said there is forensic evidence confirmation of a dead child. I believe LE said:

1) There were cadaver gases in the trunk, and
2) Caylee's DNA was in trunk - of course!!! Hair brushes, dirty diapers, bathing suits, etc.

I don't think the two were connected together, leaving wide berth for media to use faulty logic for reports.

I think that's why GA yelled that it wasn't his granddaughter's dead body that was in the car!

LE did a great job pulling the strings they needed to pull to make the puppets dance the way they needed to, and at all times truthfully...just enough to start the slide down the slippery slope!

I could very well be wrong, but this is how I see it!

My guess is that's why they are waiting. They want an air-tight case. These guys ARE homicide detectives.

Anybody, can you verify my statement?

Actually, technically, they are MP and Child Abuse Detectives. YM is former homicide. Which btw, I think is a brilliant protocal. Who better than them to have investigating an MP case -they know from intuitve experience from the onset wht someone is feigning the old nanny story and preserves evidence and witness statements. They will be sseing this through.

Did anyone notice tonight on NG Padilla said he did not believe the Anthonys really had any tips?

Yep! He was quite firm about it.

Seems like a person with a GENUINE tip would call the FBI, directly. NOT CA!

but she said it was something she had to tell him, not ask him.

even if she told cindy and lee that this MH guy was the father, we all know she had no way of really knowing if he was, provided she was, um...being as social at the time of caylee's conception as she has in recent times. and it does seem she doesn't know who the father was. the only way she could tell him he was the father is if she already had it proven, which she couldn't hide from him cause she'd need him to get tested.

if that were the case, she could have gone to tony bennet and said "surprise.."

oh wait, unless you're thinking she would take his hairbrush or toothbrush or something without him knowing and pretended to have to tell him something to come out there.

still, i don't know.

see what i mean?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Been sick for days and have no idea why I am not in bed. I have no doubt in my mind that she has no clue who's that baby's father. But how embarrassing would that be to tell people? Maury Povich would have a field day! Do I think that she would use the baby and lie to use people? Absolutely!! We've seen her do it with her mother and unfortunately, women do that all the time. And she appears to be very gifted at using people and getting her way and stealing, etc... She also appears to be very self-centered and cares far more for herself than her child.

I wouldn't put anything past her and lying to someone about being the baby's father isn't really all that out there, since we saw her do it once and I believe, we know she has done far worse. She pulled it off the first time for a full 10 months after the baby was born and had been telling the lie while she was still pregnant. Once he gets her to California, he can't force her back on the plane. I think that the sheer curiosity of the having to tell him something and not knowing how he would react and having to come all the way out there to tell him?? He is 22 years old. I live on the largest naval base in the world. We have young members from all branches and they live in the barracks, or on the ship and get the first real paychecks of their lives. They don't know it is not much and many of them think they have all the money in the world when they first get in. I don't know. Just seemed she used everyone she came in contact with, why not him too? Maybe her backup plan??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back