Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
but how many people call the police to report a discarded gatorade/soda bottle? KWIM

Are you still talking about a bottle that is sitting next to a child's corpse? :waitasec:

Since it is stated that after all the items were removed from the gatorade bottle the bottle remained 3/4 of the way full, 1/8 or 1/9 would still seem like a substantial amount...wouldn't it?:waitasec:

No. If you look back through the newer threads this morning you'll see why it's not a substantial/important amount. The amount (volume) of liquid isn't important, because it's been determined that the concentration of chloroform in either liquid is no greater than what one would find in a drop of tap water.

We really need someone to maybe alter the title of the thread.

lol no and it's not a "druggie" thing either.

I don't imagine it was for purposes of concealment while being utilized but only while it was in the trash. Sounds like someone just probably gathered up this stuff to throw it away and maybe stuck one thing inside the other without a whole lot of thought.

BTW - Toilet paper rolls are utilized by drug users to smoke various things (i.e. pot, heroin, crack, etc.) I posted on this earlier in the thread with several links.

I don't think this bag had any connection to Caylee's death and probably no connection to KC.

So we have a 56 page thread about...nothing at all, is that right?:waitasec:

Next time I think we better find the document that the news is supposedly based upon instead of just taking the medias word for it. We know better than that after all the lies spun by the media in this case alone.

But seriously, is that right, there was NO chloroform or an amount so insignificant so as to be considered perfectly within normal parameters and not deadly at all or even harmful for that matter?

I previously posted Nancy Grace's lead-in to her show on Friday night, I'll repost it.

"Tonight, we learn found at the crime scene, along with little Caylee`s remains, syringes loaded with chloroform, the super-powerful knock-out drug, the same drug found in tot mom`s car trunk. With the deadly syringes, a Gatorade bottle also loaded with chloroform, the bombshell suggesting tot mom cooked up homemade chloroform, carried it in the Gatorade bottle, then injecting it directly into her 2-year-old girl`s body, bound with duct tape."

Caylee was not bound with duct tape. Deadly 'syringes' were not found -- take note as to how one syringe became more than one syringe, so as to come across as still more sinister. And syringes were not 'loaded' with chloroform. Those boldfaced lies were put forth to improve ratings and make money. It's evil. And it was done knowingly.

HTH

Respectfully snipped.

I have to say that I didn't like that NG was using "syringeS" and "LOADED" either.
I want to know how come they don't get into trouble for "reporting" such things and why would they do that knowing that the public can read the documents themselves. I think it makes them look kinda stupid. MOOC.

Amen, Wudge!! TV is crap- it's all lies, IMO!

I believe we all will face a judgment day at which time we will be required to account for our actions. On that day, Nancy Grace is going to have a close encounter with truth.

Well, I don't know how to read the plot well enough to tell you what the concentration is. :bang: I believe that the area underneath the entire plot represents the total contribution of all constituents, and the area under the curve at ~5.046 retention time represents the contribution of chloroform. so if you take the area represented by chloroform and divide it by the area under the entire curve, you get the concentration. (help me out here Bond and Dog :slap:).

Eyeballing it :eye:, the concentration looks insignificant.

BTW, the most abundant compound found in the Gatorade bottle is ethanol (at ~2.472 retention time). It is ~14,000 times more abundant than chloroform. If I am reading the plot correctly. :waitasec:

Definition of Ethanol :
Ethyl alcohol, the type used in alcoholic beverages, medicines, and food products. Blood levels of ethanol can be ascertained by tests that indicate the degree of intoxication. Alcohol affects brain function (central nervous system depressant) and may produce chronic illness in susceptible individuals.

http://www.everythingbio.com/glos/definition.php?word=Ethanol

So, this ethanol could be from many things? Most likely some teenagers (or adults) partying? Is that a logical assumption?

Is it possible that KC has done this in the past with Caylee, squirting the drops into her mouth and had to cover both her mouth and nose with duct tape to make sure Caylee did not either spit or blow it out her nose? The pictures of Caylee with the red rash on her face now seems very disturbing. Also in some of the more recent pictures Caylee looks like she may have circles under her eyes. In the past KC may have removed the tape once Caylee was asleep but this time decided not to remove it. Makes one wonder if that is why KC referred to Caylee as the "little snothead"? As far as it being in the needle, I think KC did not want to get any on her. JMO

I don't imagine it was for purposes of concealment while being utilized but only while it was in the trash. Sounds like someone just probably gathered up this stuff to throw it away and maybe stuck one thing inside the other without a whole lot of thought.

BTW - Toilet paper rolls are utilized by drug users to smoke various things (i.e. pot, heroin, crack, etc.) I posted on this earlier in the thread with several links.

I don't think this bag had any connection to Caylee's death and probably no connection to KC.

Right but I don't think this is about smoking weed out of an empty TP roll.

Respectfully snipped.

I have to say that I didn't like that NG was using "syringeS" and "LOADED" either.
I want to know how come they don't get into trouble for "reporting" such things and why would they do that knowing that the public can read the documents themselves. I think it makes them look kinda stupid. MOOC.

Because most people don't bother to read documents or investigate anything to make sure it's accurate. Sadly, it seems to be human nature (IMO) to want to believe bad things much more quickly than anything good. Most people are happy to accept something as true if it goes along with their preconceived notions that someone is guilty. :twocents:

Before final conclusions are posted and this thread begins its inevitable slide into dormancy, I would like to tell you what a privilege its been to watch those of you with analytical or scientific interests and/or skills participating in this thread. Of course I'm impressed by your knowledge, but that's not what has kept me here following along with you through 1,300 posts, hundreds of which were mostly dry, scientific data.

I've stayed here for the long haul because it's been a pleasure to witness your determination, your resourcefulness, and most of all, your interactions with each other...your cheerful willingness to collaborate, to acknowledge your own mistakes without rancor, to give generous credit when due, and to graciously reply to questions from those with much less knowledge.

Threads like this naturally elevate Websleuths above its counterparts, but it's WS's members whose kindness, humanity, and restraint have created an overall atmosphere that makes it a pleasure, and a privilege, to belong.

I believe we all will face a judgment day at which time we will be required to account for our actions. On that day, Nancy Grace is going to have a close encounter with truth.

ITA. That woman doesn't care what the truth is as long as she pumps up her audience. OT, I know. Sorry guys.

I think I can help put the concentration of chloroform in perspective.

Page 11578 shows the GC-MS plot with the Q238.1 finding of chloroform (I have circled in red):

View attachment 6127

This is a zoomed image of the top plot found on the previous page 11577. Note that in this view the chloroform barely shows as a blip relative to the fatty acids and other compounds found:

View attachment 6128

But even that image is a zoomed view of the bottom plot from page 11577. In that plot, chloroform does not even show up:

View attachment 6129

So, IMO, chloroform is an insignificant component of the Gatorade liquid.

DogMom has posted links to these same charts as evidence that chloroform was found. She stated she was still looking for anything showing the concentration found. Did I miss some posts with further analysis today?

Respectfully snipped.

On her show, Nancy Grace is not acting as an Officer of the Court.

I explained why such lies are told. It's to improve ratings and make money. They know the vast majority of the public remembers headlines far moreso than anything else. And they also know that the vast majority of the public will not do their own research (or thinking). We live in a culture that features fast foods and jumps to conclusions. Shows like Nancy Grace's take advantage of our culture.

Before final conclusions are posted and this thread begins its inevitable slide into dormancy, I would like to tell you what a privilege its been to watch those of you with analytical or scientific interests and/or skills participating in this thread. Of course I'm impressed by your knowledge, but that's not what has kept me here following along with you through 1,300 posts, hundreds of which were mostly dry, scientific data.

I've stayed here for the long haul because it's been a pleasure to witness your determination, your resourcefulness, and most of all, your interactions with each other...your cheerful willingness to collaborate, to acknowledge your own mistakes without rancor, to give generous credit when due, and to graciously reply to questions from those with much less knowledge.

Threads like this naturally elevate Websleuths above its counterparts, but it's WS's members whose kindness, humanity, and restraint have created an overall atmosphere that makes it a pleasure, and a privilege, to belong.

Well said, Friday. I agree. It's what keeps me here.

DogMom has posted links to these same charts as evidence that chloroform was found. She stated she was still looking for anything showing the concentration found. Did I miss some posts with further analysis today?

Chloroform was found but in no more dangerous amounts than a glass of tap water or a nice hot shower (even less than that). There were alot of posters on all morning discussing it. DogMom hasn't been back yet. Still busy no doubt. :)

No traces of pot, heroin or crack were found in any of the items that were tested so I'm not sure why we are discussing street drugs and paraphernalia at all. The needle obviously originated from someone using testosterone.

Because most people don't bother to read documents or investigate anything to make sure it's accurate. Sadly, it seems to be human nature (IMO) to want to believe bad things much more quickly than anything good. Most people are happy to accept something as true if it goes along with their preconceived notions that someone is guilty. :twocents:

It is unlikely that NG herself reads the doc dumps before doing her show. She pays people to do that. We know she wants the dirty laundry and dramatic gore. Her "need" for accuracy is probably much lower than you might think. Her staff goes over the docs and brings her the cowbells. She has a very loyal audience. Their formula seems to work for whatever it's worth. Drama tonight. Fact and logic can wait til tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla