NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that LE never released the name of the BF leads me to believe this could very well be Clarence Coe, or at the very least he is someone who has visited the home socially. I am interested in knowing who else lives at the Brookwood address, since it seems the BF was living with mom, I doubt the BF kept a home on his own, maybe a family member's home? The BF had to go somewhere once their home was declared uninhabitable. I also want to know if the video cameras lead them to their suspect or something else.

That is what I'm thinking either he is the BF or maybe exBF.

They seem to have found her clothes, along with any evidence of a forensic value that was on them.
He has enough felonies, so I am sure his DNA is on record...

But then I can't say that for sure, because he is only charged with kidnapping, so it might be from the video or from the 7 year old.

One thing about it is that the charges can always be upgraded, not_my_kids!

I imagine the DNA testing would take several days even if moved up on the list at the Crime Lab.

JMO

Yes indeed and if LE is relying on the dogs to find this baby I would suggest some officers get down on their bellies and start crawling under that trailer! If she didn't leave the house...then she's still in the house...or under it!

Did the dogs go into the home?

If they did not hit on her scent, then maybe she was never there!

He was arrested about 12 hours ago...I wonder if they cracked him as to body location and that's what's delayed the presser.
I hope this isn't one of those cases where they arrested before all their ducks were in a row. I hope that what they have is solid. CC obviously knows how to play the system.

I totally agree with you, I am renting a mobile home right now which I think is 25 years old! Its been rented for years, so the condition isn't great although we have done a lot of fixing up while we live here till we move on our property.
Anyhow, Ours is a 3 bedroom and when I am in the bedroom on the end I cannot hear anyone knock on the door, bang on the door, anything! Several people have told me they banged and banged cause they knew I was home and I didn't hear anything what so ever.
I won't even take a shower unless hubby is here because I know that I would have no chance of hearing someone walk through the door.
As much as it creeps me out to say this, I believe someone could walk through my front door and take one of my children if I am in bed.

Someone can walk into a "stick-built" home and not be heard.

I haven't read the "rap sheet" for this individual. Is there anything in the criminal record regarding children?

A Clarence Coe has been arrested in connection with Shaniya's disappearance at approximately 11:00 PM tonight. Articles on the news site was updated 11 minutes ago. Not many details at this time.....
Nothing was mentioned about the recovery of Shaniya, so I have to think LE does not have her or a body yet.

WRAL.com

ETA: Coe is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond.

Thanks Louisiana sister.

Yes, and you provided some very interesting reading! I suppose this will now be getting his HIV medication at the expense of Cumberland County. That should run anywhere from $1,200.00 to $1,500.00 per month or more.

:furious:

Isn't that special! Makes me sick that criminals have more rights than good hard working people in this nation and their innocent children.

I'm glad to see LE make some headway on the case. However, this guys been in trouble with the law for ever! Do they really think he'll crack under pressure? I seriously doubt it! He probably knows just how to milk the system. And what could they have to bargain with since he just got out?

Where's the mother's outrage in all of this? How does she know this guy? (if she does). They'd have to lock me up to keep me from getting at this guy if he had anything to do with any of my kids!!! Watch out!!!

And what kind of home life was this girl living in? JMO - If there's another child in that environment (and I think there's a 7 year old) they need to be removed immediately - especially since they said drugs had been found...

I cannot believe the selfishness of parents who put their children's lives in jeopardy by the choices THEY make! UNREAL...
(again, JMO)

Praying for the safe return of this beautiful girl! :)

The first article last night stated Coe was being held without bond. They sure got one set very early this morning.

And I so agree with you, kimberlyd125. There should be no bond.

Is there a way we could send emails to the judge who set the bond to voice an opinion?

After reading 14 pages, I am finally caught up.

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/

"Around 11 p.m., police arrested Clarence Darriel Coe, 30, of 211 Brookwood Ave., and charged him with first-degree kidnapping in the disappearance of Shaniya Nicole Davis, who is still missing, police said.

Detectives have not released any information about his alleged connection to Shaniya's disappearance. Coe's home on Brookwood Avenue is about 4 miles from the girl's house."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6401898/

Updated Link

New link for info above, for some reason that info has been deleted from initial article.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6402664/

"Coe was being held Thursday in the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $100,000 bond.

Coe was previously convicted of assault on a female, breaking and entering, larceny and other charges, according to Department of Correction records."

Did anyone else notice that they recently updated the news link above to remove any mention of an arrest? Odd that they did leave CC's picture up though.

The video that tells of the arrest is still up??

Is there a way we could send emails to the judge who set the bond to voice an opinion?

Dunno who the judge will be or who the judges are in Cumberland County, Isabelle.

I'm up for it if I find out who he is!

Come on with the PC already or at least an update letting us know when the PC might be.

I know I am too impatient, but I am so anxious for more information.

Careful about suggesting letter or email campaigns. Ask Tricia first.

Careful about suggesting letter or email campaigns. Ask Tricia first.

Somehow I think it would fall under freedom of speech if it were done independent of the website. Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member