UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his plan was to kill her by carbon monoxide poisoning (generator). Why the crazy cover up?

Yeah, and even if he thought it would be a good idea at the time, his lawyer would have told him by now, "Look, dude - we're going to go tell them that you accidentally left the thing running in the house, and that you didn't know anything about carbon monoxide. When you came back and found her, you panicked, and got rid of her body. They're going to be suspicious, and they're going to want to find the body. But you'll be in a whole lot less trouble that way than you are at the moment."

As I go through the documents, particularly Document 2, page 16, it shows income as $4500.00, with a additional info in #17.

The problem is not seeing all the documents to see how it went from $4500.00 to $1022.00. Although the documents may be there and I haven't seen them yet. :crazy:

See attachment

From Schedule I, his Regular income would be $4500 (as opposed to currently is):

17. Describe any increase or decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following the filing of this document:
expected to make about $4500 per month (after expenses) after bankruptcy is finished, because there will be no more lawsuit
distracting from business

ETA: Oh, I see what you're saying, Patty. You're looking for the documentation to back up the stated difference in income. Gotcha!

As I go through the documents, particularly Document 2, page 16, it shows income as $4500.00, with a additional info in #17.

The problem is not seeing all the documents to see how it went from $4500.00 to $1022.00. Although the documents may be there and I haven't seen them yet. :crazy:

See attachment

WOW!!!:eek: thats crazy. How did they survive on that?

As I read through the cost of household items in the house, I thought "WTH"?

Refrigerator/Freezer worth $10.00 and so are the "pots and pans"! :waitasec:

Beds/Bedding (4 people) $20.00 yet the Microwave is $25.00. :waitasec:

And they have a $15,000+ vehicle? :waitasec:

From Schedule I, his Regular income would be $4500 (as opposed to currently is):

17. Describe any increase or decrease in income reasonably anticipated to occur within the year following the filing of this document:
expected to make about $4500 per month (after expenses) after bankruptcy is finished, because there will be no more lawsuit
distracting from business

ETA: Oh, I see what you're saying, Patty. You're looking for the documentation to back up the stated difference in income. Gotcha!

Yes, that's what I would like to see the document that made it go from $4,500 to the $1,022.00.

If his plan was to kill her by carbon monoxide poisoning (generator). Why the crazy cover up?

Because you'd still have to explain the presence of carbon monoxide. So he might have still wanted to remove the body.

This one isn't very bright...Scott P looks like a rocket scientist in comparison.

<snip>

Joshua Powell has submitted to two police interviews, Black said. The first time was on Dec. 8 -- two days after his wife disappeared -- and he was "not very productive," the assistant chief said.

The second interview was Tuesday when police served a warrant to take a sample of Joshua Powell's blood. Joshua Powell had his attorney with him, Black said, and only answered some questions about what kind of jewelry Susan Powell wears, scars she has and other information that would help police identify her.

"He answered questions that would help us if we found Susan," Black said. "He did not answer any questions that would help us find Susan."

more here

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14009971

I sooo want Susan to be alive & well -- but I don't think any of us thinks that's will be the case...especially w/ this a$$munch who obviously doesn't want her found doing what he can to make sure that she's not....I hope he is miserable, can't eat & can't sleep. :furious:

As I read through the cost of household items in the house, I thought "WTH"?

Refrigerator/Freezer worth $10.00 and so are the "pots and pans"! :waitasec:

Beds/Bedding (4 people) $20.00 yet the Microwave is $25.00. :waitasec:

And they have a $15,000+ vehicle? :waitasec:

Yes I got the same thing.........kitchen set $7.
Come on now, that is so fake in a beautiful 2 stall garage home!
and he had money to add on a deck now and buy a NEW generater???
and listing HER PARENTS money owed in the BRuptsy is simply crazy!

When I got divorced - my x and I filed for bankruptcy before divorce was final - we owed my parents - had to put them down for bankruptcy - can't remember which lawyer (divorce or bankruptcy) told me we had to. Now of course - I'm still paying them back - I just had to list them.

Kinda relevant. . . father of this family was at work. . .

Generator suspected in Fort Lauderdale family's carbon monoxide poisoning
By RACHEL HATZIPANAGOS
Sun Sentinel

Police are investigating the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Monday morning of a Fort Lauderdale family that had a generator operating inside their home.

Authorities said the children were admitted to the hospital on Monday by their father after he discovered them unresponsive. They are in critical condition but are expected to survive.

PRESS RELEASE 12/16/09
22:45 PST Contact:
Shelby Gifford, Cox Family spokesperson

SUBJECT: Press Conference Being Held by the Cox Family

The Cox family will hold a press conference tomorrow, December 17th at 1:00 PM PST at the Best Western Hotel located at 620 South Hill Park Drive in Puyallup WA. Members of the media are invited to arrive at 12:30 pm to set up equipment as needed.

Seven members of the Cox family are scheduled to be present. We will read a statement and answer questions as appropriate.

Does anyone have the link to this press RELEASE? Trying to locate a site that will be carrying this press conference.

Yes, that's what I would like to see the document that made it go from $4,500 to the $1,022.00.

It kinda sounds like bs to me anyhow. He's saying that if he didn't have people bugging him for their money that he could earn more?? Those were some busy debt collectors! :sarcasm:

Yeah, and even if he thought it would be a good idea at the time, his lawyer would have told him by now, "Look, dude - we're going to go tell them that you accidentally left the thing running in the house, and that you didn't know anything about carbon monoxide. When you came back and found her, you panicked, and got rid of her body. They're going to be suspicious, and they're going to want to find the body. But you'll be in a whole lot less trouble that way than you are at the moment."

I agree. If his original plan was to kill her this way, why would he go through all that trouble of taking the boys out of the house at midnight and disposing of her body? He would have already had it planned to play dumb about the carbon monoxide and came home from sledding to find her dead. IMO

<snip>

Joshua Powell has submitted to two police interviews, Black said. The first time was on Dec. 8 -- two days after his wife disappeared -- and he was "not very productive," the assistant chief said.

The second interview was Tuesday when police served a warrant to take a sample of Joshua Powell's blood. Joshua Powell had his attorney with him, Black said, and only answered some questions about what kind of jewelry Susan Powell wears, scars she has and other information that would help police identify her.

"He answered questions that would help us if we found Susan," Black said. "He did not answer any questions that would help us find Susan."

more here

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14009971

I sooo want Susan to be alive & well -- but I don't think any of us thinks that's will be the case...especially w/ this a$$munch who obviously doesn't want her found doing what he can to make sure that she's not....I hope he is miserable, can't eat & can't sleep. :furious:

BBM, ITA, I hope she haunts him forever!
Did you ever notice in these cases the wife is so great and they marry LOSERS???

Mr. Cox mentioned at the beginning of this that he had helped Josh with his financial situation.

Maybe during that time they were making ends meet with the FIL's money.

I agree. If his original plan was to kill her this way, why would he go through all that trouble of taking the boys out of the house at midnight and disposing of her body? He would have already had it planned to play dumb about the carbon monoxide and came home from sledding to find her dead. IMO

If they didn't have gas in the house (meaning electric heat), there would be no explanation for the presence of carbon monoxide.

Does anyone have the link to this press RELEASE? Trying to locate a site that will be carrying this press conference.

I don't have a link but I'll try and hunt one down on the thread. There are good odds that www.komotv.com will cover it live or post a video.

I'm trying to juggle some stuff so I can try and get into the conference this afternoon.

I think in a situation like this, the BK attorney is going to use a standard to set the price on most of those items. Through business, I actually know a little about the attorneys they used, and I know that's what they do. You go in with a short laundry list of your stuff, and they assign values to it. And I think the judge gives the BK attorneys lots of latitude in doing it.

As for her parents, I've actually been on the other side of that equation. We helped put my wife's brother through graduate school. My business was doing well at the time, and he was really close to finishing - and there were lots of extenuating circumstances. So, we loaned them money. They finished up school, promptly overextended themselves, and had to file BK (I think their's was Chapter 13). He approached us and said, "Listen, I'm not going to put you down as a creditor, because I don't expect your debt to be discharged in bankruptcy. I'll pay you back separately."

I guess you could look at it both ways. By listing him, at least he got something - maybe $.10 on the dollar. But when it was done, the obligation was gone. That seems like a slap in the face for someone who probably really sacrificed to help you out.

If they didn't have gas in the house (meaning electric heat), there would be no explanation for the presence of carbon monoxide.

My opinion goes back to when he stated he was testing the generator while camping. A poster thought perhaps that is actually how he killed her but in the house. Trying to find a little truth to his story.

What I was trying to point out would be that he could have just told the police that he was "testing" the generator at the house and unbeknownst him the carbon monoxide killed her. He then returned from sledding with the children and found her. If that was his plan then he wouldn't have to cover up a murder and dispose of her body. But this is obviously all theory. IMO I don't believe that is how Susan died...

Maybe his plan included the boys? --this probably is not that likely, but maybe he took the boys sledding while committing the first murder through carbon monoxide, so their mother would be out of the way-- then he came home, changed his mind about any further murder/suicide and took the boys and their mother out of the house to hide her body? IDK

Mainly I am posting because I am worried about the boys-- the forensic psychiatrist interviewed on GMA had some interesting insights on this case, to include his suggestion that taking the boys out Sunday night might have been indicative of an original intention of familicide --

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Now that he is a POI, and seems to be losing credibility with his in-laws, I think there is a great danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth