CA - Chelsea King (17) Rancho Bernardo (north San Diego County) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Pardon a "newbie" for butting into the conversation, but I just read on another forum that a Sports Bra and other clothing items have been found. If true, it doesn't look good for this young woman.
I truly pray that by some miracle she's found alive!

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS KELLY FARADAY. Thanks for sharing what info you have.

I rarely have time to post but often check the boards for updates on various cases. I hope and pray that another family isn't about to go through the same nightmare so many others have endured.

Forgive me if I posted something that turns out to be merely a rumour. I will return to "lurk mode" now.

Kelly

So far, Steph Watts is the only one saying anything about a sports bra.
Not one thing in any msm.

Steph says he is on scene though, who knows. I can't see him putting that out unless it's true.

Here's a pic of her car.

Chelseascar.jpg

It looks like there is always activity in that area. Someone must have seen something that would help. Please come forward. Please, we have to find Chelsea.

I just wanted to repost the link to the San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police audio found online. I have been listening all day, they report frequently on the search groups.

This is the link ---> http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=219 I have been listening to the feed entitled "North San Diego County Sheriff and Escondido Police"

Does anyone know if the park is closed and what if any plans do they have to open it up? Are the areas that have been searched open to the public yet?

Does anyone know if the park is closed and what if any plans do they have to open it up? Are the areas that have been searched open to the public yet?

The park is partially closed.

You CAN park along West Bernardo and access that front area, the dog park, and the back area where her car was parked, the Rec Center and Joselyn Center buildings are, and where the trails they believe she was on begin are ALL closed off.

Whereas yesterday they were letting people down there who were searching, they're now limiting it.

Cops are all along West Bernardo - sheriffs, SDPD, and volunteer patrols. The signal at Casa is closed off with multiple LEO there only letting very specified people through.

I've also been told they are now only letting certain people search the trails at all now, and they're sending most everyone to canvas neighborhoods and put signs and ribbons up.

The north side of the lake IS open, including all the trails. The foot/bike bridge across IS open. There were people on bikes and out running and with dogs walking on that side but they are NOT letting that happen on the south side.

More to come in just a minute - as I had just been over there.

The park is partially closed.

You CAN park along West Bernardo and access that front area, the dog park, and the back area where her car was parked, the Rec Center and Joselyn Center buildings are, and where the trails they believe she was on begin are ALL closed off.

Whereas yesterday they were letting people down there who were searching, they're now limiting it.

Cops are all along West Bernardo - sheriffs, SDPD, and volunteer patrols. The signal at Casa is closed off with multiple LEO there only letting very specified people through.

I've also been told they are now only letting certain people search the trails at all now, and they're sending most everyone to canvas neighborhoods and put signs and ribbons up.

The north side of the lake IS open, including all the trails. The foot/bike bridge across IS open. There were people on bikes and out running and with dogs walking on that side but they are NOT letting that happen on the south side.

More to come in just a minute - as I had just been over there.

Thank you for that information TravelingBug. I have never been to the park and all the photos and information you have been adding makes me want to visit the park in the future. While I am not talking about right now I am wanting to explore it as it looks beautiful in the photos. I am not wanting to join the search or anything just enjoy the great outdoors.

A few quick things while I write the other and upload some photos:

Tomorrow they're asking people in the community to wear blue to bring awareness about Chelsea's disappearance and as a show of support to her family.

Blue ribbons are lining nearly all the trees down the streets near West Bernardo - sort of like we have the luminaries at Christmas there are now blue ribbons. Signs and posters are everywhere (including now on freeway overpasses) - even on the drive thru at Taco Bell in Westwood!

There's another prayer thing Tuesday:

Silent Prayer Procession for Chelsea King
Date:
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Time:
7:00pm - 8:30pm
Street:
15546 Pomerado Road
City/Town:
Poway, CA

Please join your voice with others in a silent candlelit prayer procession down Pomerado Road, starting at St. Michael's Church. Bring your families, friends, and loved ones. Bring a candle. Bring your love. Bring your voice on behalf of Chelsea King and her family.

Sounds a bit nutty to me. But its hard to tell what people are saying on the internet often times those who dont understand English language very well dont realize what they are saying or how it may sound. I really have no idea what this poster is talking about.

I'd say the tone has changed here today. It seems still as resolvedly determined, but now I think it's decidedly less optimistic than it had been. People are trying to remain hopeful but concern is definitely increasing.

It seemed most people, authorities included, were truly hoping she'd be found simply injured from twisting an ankle or something running and just not able to get back out from the trails and would be found, and now that it's been almost 72 hours with (from the Sheriff himself) one of the largest searches of this kind he's seen, that people are fearing that she truly was abducted or encountered someone who did something to/with her.

They had 70+ groups that went out today, with about 15-20 people each, and still plan to go out every morning beginning at 9, though I think they are still stagger starting some teams. As I said, they are apparently restricting access of where most searchers are going, though, and keeping most people in neighborhoods and off of the trails now. Over 35,000 fliers were there to be passed out and posted today by volunteers.

Two helicopters have been up most of the day. The larger one is being used to "ferry" people out to areas further back in the trails, more west of the park, and then having them search from there back in towards the park.

There was a very large concentration of LEO (Sheriffs, SDPD, police from other areas, military, dive team, SAR teams, and apparently still FBI, but those I didn't personally see) out, not only by the park, but also in one particular area further back.

In the area near the waterfall down below Legends neighborhood (visible from the end of Smokesignal) there were several dozen search teams that seemed to be focusing on the trails there, the rocks and waterfall area carefully, and then the finger of the lake that is right there.

It's actually the area near where the other attack/robbery reportedly occurred - basically at Poblado between Moon Song and Smokesignal. There were probably 70+ more searchers in gear (not just the LRC group vests, this was something else), half a dozen or so cop cars, SAR labeled vehicles, and some others that I saw as I went past. They were all waiting to enter the rails there. It was clearly the direction they had a large number of people staging to go in and comb even more, and the trails there are blocked (and, from the looks of it) are likely guarded overnight right now to keep people out.

There is definitely a heavy LEO presence, and Chelsea's disappearance is really the only topic of conversation. You overhear it everywhere - in the store, at restaurants, at church, out shopping, etc. Everyone's sharing stories of what they've done to help - donated food, searched, posted fliers, tied ribbons, gone to prayer vigils, etc. And everyone is definitely holding their children closer.

Photos of some of the above to come in a few minutes.

I wonder if the authorities are following the trash to the dump like what was done in Florida to find Somer Thompson. Based on a hunch the Florida authorities were able to locate her remains quite quickly in her missing person case. I know that sounds like a terrible thing to think about but lets face it...people dont just vanish they are somewhere.

One thing I forgot and thought of as I was uploading the pictures, it DID appear that they were letting recreational boats out on Lake Hodges, at least out by the freeway and the footbridge area. They may have been keeping them out of the area immediately behind the park, and where the lake fingers back toward the Westwood neighborhood, but there were definitely quite a few boats out, and all appeared to be fishing, not people out with vests or the search boats they had out the last few days...at least not in that part of the lake.

So it definitely seems they have reason to think now that she was only in the southern area - since the northern parts of the lake are open and the trails there are, whereas everything south of the lake isn't allowing public access.

**Clicking on photos should let you open them and then zoom in more in Flickr

Since people had been talking about the neighborhood, the homes, and the proximity of the trails to that area, plus the Piedras trail in particular, and where the other reported robbery/attack occurred, this was what I tried to photograph.

Here's a panoramic of that area - below, I have some other photos, and then I also have the individual photos that were used to make this composite so you can see more detail.

4395812501_d72a13c1e7_m.jpg

This is an updated map from the one I posted last night - the car is where her car was parked by the rec center - the green bike shows the foot/bike bridge which IS open to the public to walk/run/etc. on the north shore of Lake Hodges.

The yellow $ is where the reported earlier attack/robbery in December was AND is where there was the heavy police presence and large group of searchers staging to go in and look.

The green line/loop is where the waterfall is near the Piedras trail, and where the trail gets closest to the homes. This where many searchers were out combing, as well.

4396490778_68a3a22524_m.jpg

Here's a zoomed in map
4396490698_4f110fccf7_m.jpg

I would guess the focus on the lake and waterfall area is based on what the Sheriff was saying yesterday about her not being found in the open and on the trails so now they're looking at the water.

As you get further back from the park towards the neighborhood the terrain gets rockier.

4395716131_6c33183152_m.jpg

This is the proximity of the upper trail to the neighborhood - there's a lower trail area, as well. That's the Legends development with High Mesa, Sun Maiden, and Moon Song. And it's below Moon Song (between that and Smokesignal, which Monticook branches of off) that there is the other main access to those back trails and loops off of Poblado (and where the other attack/robbery was reported to have occurred near Poblado)

4396490616_9acb70e1c2_m.jpg

Here's a closer shot toward High Mesa, Sun Maiden, and Moon Song - the streets in the Legends development just west of where the primary street access to the trails from Pobaldo is

4396487228_62c0f12efa_m.jpg

This is looking toward the bigger area of Lake Hodges from one of the little 'fingers' of the lake. If you look on the far hill where the cloud shadow is, halfway between the shadow and the shore of the lake you can see the upper trail on the north side of the lake - that's one of the trails you can take if you cross the foot/bike bridge to the north side - that is technically Escondido, and where you can follow the trail all the way down toward the dock several miles down and toward the dam (and Hernandez Hideaway restaurant someone mentioned)

4395717729_d7d7a2d7d8_m.jpg

If you look from the bottom of the photo is, where you see the fence, and then look up from that, you see the trail that bends right by a large rocky area. That's a waterfall right near the 'finger' of the lake - and that's a popular destination for people hiking/biking/walking/running/etc. If you look back at the composite panorama photo for perspective, you can see where the trail bends to the left, it then goes around the rocks/waterfall area and that's where it gets closer to the neighborhood before hooking back around and heading more westerly again.

4396488930_228a63674c_m.jpg

And here's a group of searchers above the waterfall area, then there were many others below by the waterfall, at the lake's edge there, etc.

If you look back at the panoramic photo once more, at the top where the power lines seem to start in the sky, look at that hill there in the center of the photo. The helicopter ferrying people out to search backward toward the park were being dropped off somewhere behind the hill.

Does that help provide a little visual perspective for those of you who aren't here on sites? At least it's a better look at the terrain and where some things are in photos and then placed onto a map!

4396482152_3b97f67921_m.jpg

So it definitely seems they have reason to think now that she was only in the southern area - since the northern parts of the lake are open and the trails there are, whereas everything south of the lake isn't allowing public access.

Based on what was posted earlier by TravelingBug about their specific focus on the area near poblado and moon song and her last post, it seems to me two things might be clear:

1. There is evidence to suggest the whereabouts of where she ran/was attacked/abducted.

2. Doesn't look like it might be a parking lot abduction...

Thank you, TravelingBug...! Your pictures, posts, and updates are awesome.

That green line for the trail really comes close to the residential area with the robbery.... I didn't realize how close the trail came to the homes. There are so many possibilities here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain