CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the name of the pharmaceutical company Sonia worked at? Also, can anyone tell me why a nurse might take a job at a pharmaceutical company, and in what capacity would they likely be employed there? (Maybe the nursing/medical department of a large company??)

I have a sister who went through for a Pediatric nurse and after a few years the government started cut backs so she never knew where she would be working.
One week it might be with the elderly , next week it might be emerg., next week it might be in the psych ward.
She just got fed up and went to work in a factory .

I believe Sonia was at her last Hospital job just a short time so maybe this is why she changed jobs.

Ther are many different jobs at a pharm. company.
Maybe in the lab

I have a sister who went through for a Pediatric nurse and after a few years the government started cut backs so she never knew where she would be working.
One week it might be with the elderly , next week it might be emerg., next week it might be in the psych ward.
She just got fed up and went to work in a factory .

I believe Sonia was at her last Hospital job just a short time so maybe this is why she changed jobs.

Ther are many different jobs at a pharm. company.
Maybe in the lab

Or clinical trials.

Bumping for Sonia. Can't believe LE hasn't come forth with a POI yet, given 3 CRIME SCENES!

I won't reveal the company in question but it is a company that isn't about selling pharmaceuticals per se. This company represents other companies involving patients receiving oncology drugs and treatments for MS. Nurses are employed there as patient case managers as well as front line nurses who deliver care to patients.

I won't reveal the company in question but it is a company that isn't about selling pharmaceuticals per se. This company represents other companies involving patients receiving oncology drugs and treatments for MS. Nurses are employed there as patient case managers as well as front line nurses who deliver care to patients.

Would this be clinical trials, then? Wouldn't regular treatment take place in a hospital or cancer clinic, in the case of cancer patients?

Something else is continuing to bother me. The jasmineandco account at POF was closed on January 13, 2010:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/basicusersearch.aspx

Thanks to Kamille for posting this link in the previous thread. It still bothers me that so many people were going missing -- and later turning up dead -- in January 2010.

A lovely picture of Sonia that I had not seen before:

VaraschinSonia.jpg

Could it be then that the perp was someone who had a family member die of cancer and was taking his anger out on Sonia as the company couldn't save the patient?

Just putting it out there

Could it be then that the perp was someone who had a family member die of cancer and was taking his anger out on Sonia as the company couldn't save the patient?

Just putting it out there

Or someone who was undergoing treatment and was displeased with it?

I don't believe she was at her new job long enough, or even if she had started it yet, from what I recall reading. However, someone from her last job, maybe that wanted treatment, or wasn't satisfied with her treatment could be suspect IMO.
The more this drags on, the more I believe it to be a transient, either still around town, or is long gone. Everyone needs to try and think of people they may have even casually have met, who may have disappeared since, or has gone underground, or may have disappeared for a bit, and is now starting to show their face again. They may feel safe enough now that the focus has been taken off of Orangeville, and it's been relatively quiet. Anyone with any info. needs to conatct LE whether they think it's pertinent or not.
Of curiosity, there appears to be a Psychic fair this weekend in Orangeville. If anyone knows of anyone attending or knows any of the psychic's- they may be able to help? Maybe the LE should be attending and soliciting their help. It seemed to help in the 2 missing girls found in Orangevile a couple weeks back........ just throwing that out there.

Of curiosity, there appears to be a Psychic fair this weekend in Orangeville. If anyone knows of anyone attending or knows any of the psychic's- they may be able to help? Maybe the LE should be attending and soliciting their help. It seemed to help in the 2 missing girls found in Orangevile a couple weeks back........ just throwing that out there.

I bet that will be the buzz there at that convention. I hope some news is shared soon and justice is brought for her

Rudie, you said oncology drugs and treatments for MS

:waitasec: would this be somewhat related to ISOTOPES?

- Stable Isotope Dilution Method (treatment for MS)

- Medical Isotopes, Radioisotopes (cancer treatment)

I think the murder was a sexual assult murder, I don't think there was a disgruntled patient involved in this crime. I believe this because of how the murderer took her body and the covers, trying to hide evidence of DNA.

I think the murder was a sexual assult murder, I don't think there was a disgruntled patient involved in this crime. I believe this because of how the murderer took her body and the covers, trying to hide evidence of DNA.

I'm of the same opinion....that it wasn't related to her work. I think it was a local, who knew SV tangentially, perhaps had a couple of casual conversations where she was pleasant with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he worked at a local service business such as a retail store, a garage, or such.

I don't think a transient would break into her home...and know she was a single woman living alone. Instead I think someone watched her from afar and found that out over time.

Do any of the locals know where this area that the resident is talking about in this letter to the editor? Would it involve the ravine area behind Sonia's home?

http://www.orangeville.com/opinion/letters/article/889413--rail-trail-the-right-decision

I believe she is refering to the old rail line behind her house on Margaret St. (A on the map.) which is not near Sonia's house but about 3 blocks further west.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=rail trail orangeville ontario&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I'm of the same opinion....that it wasn't related to her work. I think it was a local, who knew SV tangentially, perhaps had a couple of casual conversations where she was pleasant with him. I wouldn't be surprised if he worked at a local service business such as a retail store, a garage, or such.

I don't think a transient would break into her home...and know she was a single woman living alone. Instead I think someone watched her from afar and found that out over time.

I've google mapped her house from Broadway and you can see those townhouses behind the water treatment plant and the U-Haul place in the street view. There is a large open area between the two and it looks like you could get through there to the area behind her home. It would be easy to sit and watch those homes from that ravine IMO.

This is the best news about Sonia's investigation that I have heard in a long time:

Russell Williams’ profilers working on Varaschin case

Among the investigative team are members of the OPP Behavioural Science Unit, which works to create a profile of the suspect in hopes of revealing his identity.

“Some of the people that we’re using came from the same team that put the Colonel away, so we have the best of the best,” Tomei added, referring to recently convicted sex offender and murderer Russell Williams, who has since been stripped of his Canadian Forces rank.

The chief encourages anyone who has information about Sonia’s murder, or has suspicions about someone they know, to contact police. The killer’s boots — men’s size 10 or 11 Dakota or Wind River brand — continue to be of key interest to investigators.

“Continue to call with tips. No tip is insignificant,” Tomei said. “That’s all we can ask the public to do, to be aware, to be our eyes and ears out there and to call.”

The Orangeville Police Service dedicated tip line can be reached at 519-941-2522, ext. 2211. Anonymous calls can be made to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.orangeville.com/website/...-williams-profilers-working-on-varaschin-case

.Russell Williams’ profilers working on Varaschin case

http://www.orangeville.com/website/...-williams-profilers-working-on-varaschin-case

Mom misses Sonia's daily phone calls.

As the family of Orangeville murder victim Sonia Varaschin pack up her belongings, they can’t help but wonder about her killer — someone who remains on the loose more than two months after the woman’s body was discarded in a nearby wooded area.

“Your mind is always working. There’s always something there,” Michele Varaschin, Sonia’s mother, said. “I hope they will find him (the killer) and soon.”

The family is sorting Sonia’s belongings at her Spring Street townhouse, where police believe the 42-year-old pediatric nurse was killed on the night of Aug. 29 or early morning Aug. 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member