The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ewwwinteresting said:
Wow...today is the one month anniversary of her death....the killer is still at large...and they have already forgotten??? I can understand trying to focus on other family members...but to forget and not do anything, seems very strange to me.
They have not and never will forget their daughter. But what is the point of remembering her killer?

golfmom said:
Is the family aware that you are speaking on their behalf?
How many people have quoted Janet's family in the news? The only difference here is that I actually know them and have for over 25 years

MissYouJanet said:
They have not and never will forget their daughter. But what is the point of remembering her killer?
If the killing was not random, than someone who knew the family killed her. Aren't they concerned about Kaiden's safety? And, if they are standing behind him, Raven's safety?

MissYouJanet said:
Not remembering him/her...........help find him/her. Do they want him/her to do this to somebody else?

MissYouJanet said:
How many people have quoted Janet's family in the news? The only difference here is that I actually know them and have for over 25 years

I do appreciate your answering my questions today. Thank you.

juliagoulia said:
If the killing was not random, than someone who knew the family killed her. Aren't they concerned about Kaiden's safety? And, if they are standing behind him, Raven's safety?
Raven an Kaiden are as safe right now as any of us are. Someone could come in my house right now as I am typing on this computer and kill me with my son playing in the next room and my daughter takiing a nap upstairs. But knowing this, am I going to stop typing, gather my kids together and hide? I think not.

MissYouJanet said:
Raven an Kaiden are as safe right now as any of us are. Someone could come in my house right now as I am typing on this computer and kill me with my son playing in the next room and my daughter takiing a nap upstairs. But knowing this, am I going to stop typing, gather my kids together and hide? I think not.
But someone hasn't killed your sister/daughter/wife either?

ewwwinteresting said:
Not remembering him/her...........help find him/her. Do they want him/her to do this to somebody else?
Many times the family's envolvement only hurts the investigation. Look at the Petersen case. They would rather stay out of the way and let the police do their job

MissYouJanet said:
I am not representing them I am simply repeating what they have said
I appreciate your input. I'm very sorry for what all of Janet's loved ones are going through, and I hope that they will bring Kaiden up with photos & stories of how wonderful Janet was. I hope that they will have him send his kisses to his Mommy every night before bed. He needs to know how much she loved him.

Thank you for sharing what you know about the family.

juliagoulia said:
No kidding.......I know they don't suspect Raven (at least that is what we've been told today), but they don't know he didn't do it either since the murderer has not been found......I guess forgiving and forgetting means letting him live with another one of their daughters...that doesn't make sense to me either:waitasec:

ewwwinteresting said:
But someone hasn't killed your sister/daughter/wife either?
Raven and Kaiden are safe as is anyone who is with them. Do you really think that they are not being monitored by police?

MissYouJanet said:
Many times the family's envolvement only hurts the investigation. Look at the Petersen case. They would rather stay out of the way and let the police do their job
I remember the Petersen family pleading with the public for information......that did not get in the way of the investigation. I guess they are going to do what they feel is right. It is just much different then I would be if my daughter was murdered. I would help and want as many people to help find the person who did this....not only for justice for my daughter, but to also prevent him/her from killing again!

MissYouJanet said:
Raven and Kaiden are safe as is anyone who is with them. Do you really think that they are not being monitored by police?
In a different state......maybe not. Are they?

ewwwinteresting said:
I remember the Petersen family pleading with the public for information......that did not get in the way of the investigation. I guess they are going to do what they feel is right. It is just much different then I would be if my daughter was murdered. I would help and want as many people to help find the person who did this....not only for justice for my daughter, but to also prevent him/her from killing again!
Yep and Laci's family stood by her husband ... up until Amber came along.

ewwwinteresting said:
They also protected Scott and that was one reason it took so long to figure out it was him. They are not protecting Raven, they don't believe it was him but they are not protecting him. They are not publicly saying that he is innocent or guilty. They are leaving everything up to the police

MissYouJanet said:
I had a distant relative murdered and that is what the family did. They concerned themselves with raising her 3 kids. They would not give interviews and they quietly went about their business and let the police do their job. I think that anything they did that would remind them of the way she was taken from her family was just too painful. It was not that they did not care far from it, they just did not see how getting in front of a throng of tv cameras would help and it was just too painful. Yes, there is a general reaction that can be expected when something like this happens, but not everyone will react in the exact same way. Also, they were such a private family before this happend I think they thought there was no reason to start living in the spotlight. I cannot blame them. I think I would be inclined to lay low and even move away. I would not be able to deal with it.

curious1 said:
I had a distant relative murdered and that is what the family did. They concerned themselves with raising her 3 kids. They would not give interviews and they quietly went about their business and let the police do their job. I think that anything they did that would remind them of the way she was taken from her family was just too painful. It was not that they did not care far from it, they just did not see how getting in front of a throng of tv cameras would help and it was just too painful. Yes, there is a general reaction that can be expected when something like this happens, but not everyone will react in the exact same way. Also, they were such a private family before this happend I think they thought there was no reason to start living in the spotlight. I cannot blame them. I think I would be inclined to lay low and even move away. I would not be able to deal with it.
Thank you

MissYouJanet said:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I also knew Janet (although not as long as you), and hope that this case will be resolved soon for her family's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken