GUILTY PA - David Devine for child *advertiser censored*, Chester County, 2010

This is just so sad and aggravating. I am glad he is caught but I keep wondering if any male that chooses to work with children has ulterior motives. I know that is unfair but we have to protect these kids.

Yes, I believe he has two separate ongoing cases, filly.

I hear what you are saying, pinkfly, but women abuse too. I know it's a huge problem but we simply cannot prohibit men from working with young children. The vast majority have so much to offer.

I'm starting to think, though, that we might need to institute some sort of evaluation process for those who work with children. Just as they have to renew their license, possibly they could be evaluated for any sort of sexual misdeeds once each year. It sure wouldn't catch everyone but a thorough check on their mental health status, stressors and a review of their files from the previous year might be called for.

I'd also love to see a required review process by both students and teachers concerning teachers. It couldn't be totally anonymous as that would open the door on malicious libel but families and kids need to have a place to honestly post creepy experiences they've had with teachers and others who work with kids. There could be some sort of a vetting process to assure that you really did have an interaction with the person you are reviewing and some way for LEOs to contact you if you reported something illegal. Possibly, each teacher could be assigned a code and students could be given that code when taking a class from that teacher. All sorts of things could be posted--the good, the bad and the ugly. I know that some teacher review sites exist but they seem quite sparse. It seems that folks spend more time reviewing their mechanic than their child's teacher or coach.

There you go. 78 months. Doesn't work for me. When child *advertiser censored* perps plead down, I always have to wonder which child victim gets justice and which doesn't.

That's not real justice...to my mind.

http://delcotimes.com/articles/2012/02/15/news/doc4f3b29f7633c9206849005.txt

Former teacher sentenced in child *advertiser censored* case
February 15, 2012

"A former Chester County teacher was sentenced Tuesday to 78 months in prison for distribution and possession of child *advertiser censored*, the U.S. Attorney’s office announced. David Devine, 35, of Chester Heights and formerly of Upper Providence, pleaded guilty in November that on Aug. 17, 2009, he distributed over the Internet, videos that depicted children being sexually abused, and on Aug. 4, 2010, he possessed in excess of 600 images of child *advertiser censored*...."

and

"....Devine was already stripped of the ability to teach again and sentenced to three to 23 months in prison on a single count of sexual abuse of children for possession of child *advertiser censored*, a felony of the third degree,..."

More at link

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson