• Not guilty (Self defense)

Votes: 47 22.4%
  • Not guilty (SYG)

Votes: 17 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted 2nd degree at this point because he killed TM, admitted to it, and I personally do not believe, (and I could be wrong because I don't have all the facts, but hey, I'm going with my gut) it was in self defense :twocents: I believe he had a chance to NOT PULL the trigger :jail:

Guilty of Murder in the 2nd Degree - he stalked the kid down. to quote jeb bush - 'stand your ground, means, stand your ground, means stand your ground" - GZ didn't do that - he stalked him. and then killed him when the kid tried to defend himself. IMO

Please feel free to express your opinions about the topic at hand here, but also please refrain from name-calling.

For example: it's one thing to say that you think a case player might have racial motivations for their actions when you have clear evidence to back up that supposition (i.e., clear, MSM-supported evidence). It is a whole nother thing to flat-out call/accuse someone of being a racist.

Emotions are running high in our discussion of this case, and that's ok and to be expected. But please try to assume the best about one another, and keep the discussion inside the boundaries of TOS.

:tyou:

Agree with gxm -- way too much reasonable doubt at this point.SYG not guilty.

NG = not enough evidence has been released for me to make a sound decision.

Thx.

Mel

Based on the info. we have now, I voted not guilty-SYG.

Not Guilty/self-defence based on what few facts I have now. Too many questions for me to agree that he deserves a higher sentence. I need to know how the physical altercation between TM and GZ got started and what exactly happened before TM was shot. So far I dont see they have enough to convict GZ

angry people do not equal justice

Guilty 2nd degree

As of right now...

I must say when I first heard about his case, heard the call into dispatch, the horrific scream of help, heard that a NWP volunteer shot and killed an unarmed teen, SPD didn't bring charges, I believed he should have been arrested immediately..

It also didn't compute for me, that an adult brandishing a loaded weapon could be in reasonable fear of a lone teen walking back to his home. GZ already had the upper hand so how reasonable is his fear..

I tend to believe it's all embellishment on GZ part so that it goes to the idea he has of a SYG defense..which also had my hinky meter setting off...GZ being criminal justice major probably studied the statute and felt he knew just what to say and do to raise the SYG defense...:banghead:

I didnt vote as my answer is not there :p

I thought manslaughter but the state charged second degree....until I know why I cant make a decision.

If I had to vote now: Manslaughter.

At this time I don't feel convinced GZ set out to murder TM. But I feel reasonably comfortable saying the course of action GZ undertook that night, while perhaps not premeditated to end in fatality, a fatality could, by a reasonable person, be seen as a possible outcome.

<Modsnip> if I had to vote today, that is why based on just the call from GZ to the dispatcher, I would vote for 2nd Degree Murder. He was told he didn't need to follow him, but he did. Therefore, I feel like "depraved" indifference comes into play.

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers....

I voted second degree but I'm not convinced GZ is not guilty of First Degree Murder... JMHO

If we have to vote today, I voted Not guilty self defense.
But I have to say I am on the border line of man slaughter.
I think George was way too overzealous; IMHO he did not have to get out of the car, Even though it is legal for him to get out of the car.
ALSO: I think you can if need be shoot but not to kill. EVEN though I am told by people in different states who know more about guns than I ever would…. tell me the instructions are to kill, otherwise they come back to get you.

I voted Guilty of manslaughter. I don't believe he left his car to go kill a kid. I do believe he should have stayed in his car and none of what followed would have happened. I do believe he pulled the gun before an altercation started since I cannot see how he could have pulled it with Trayvon on top of him. I do believe he pulled the gun to force Trayvon to stay put until the cops arrived which would make him the aggressor not Trayvon in my view. I do believe there were other options available to Zimmerman before he pulled his gun. I also cannot vote for SYG because I've yet to see any evidence that supports it, and the way this law is it is up to Zimmerman to present the evidence that supports it not the other way around.

I voted Murder in the 2nd degree. Based on the evidence thus far, I view GZ as the aggressor.

Now my opinion on how the jury will vote because of that dumb (IMO) SYG law is a whole 'nother matter. I don't feel that GZ should spend life in prison BUT I wish for a felony conviction. IMHO, GZ should not be allowed to carry a gun, water gun, water hose, lazer pointer or any other object, for that matter, that he can aim at people in the neighborhood. But that's just me and MOO.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member