AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled... Mobile County Alabama life sentence rape...and clicked the 2nd link

I have NO IDEA if that is him

Thats disgusting!
then there was the one where the grandfather raped his grandaughter!
Im telling ya! It blows me away! sick sick sick!

I have emailed one of the reporters to ask if he knows why the bail was reduced. Will post if I ever get an answer.

Bail Reduction

At times, a criminal defense attorney may be able to convince the court to lower the bail amount substantially, especially if the bail fee is too high for the crime the suspect is accused of committing. In making its determination whether to reduce bail, the court will consider some of the following factors:

· 1. The nature of the offense;

· 2. The circumstances leading to or surrounding the offense charged;

· 3. The weight of the evidence against defendant;

· 4. The defendant's mental condition, length of residency in the community, employment history, financial resources, and family ties, which may lower the probability of the alleged criminal to flee or commit another crime;

· 5. The defendant's history of convictions, past and present conduct, including any record of previous flight to avoid prosecution or failure to appear at court proceedings;

· 6. Whether the defendant is on any probation, parole, or other release pending completion of sentence or already on release, pending resolution of another criminal proceeding;

· 7. The probability of danger that the defendant poses when he/ she is released into the community and the probability of intimidation and danger to victims; and

· 8. The source of the funds used to post bail.
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-is-bail-why-is-it-required-and-can-bail-be-reduced

Could bond be reduced because he in turn, gave info on other individuals that are involved?

Actually, if someone had paid on a charge, that charge should have disappeared b/c it was paid. So, I would guess he had a bond hearing or preliminary and the judge reduced the bond amount. Just a guess.

Maybe he hired an attorney. Still, I doubt he'll find a family member or friend that would post bond for him.

Maybe he hired an attorney. Still, I doubt he'll find a family member or friend that would post bond for him.

I'm thinking that's what happened. Even a court appointed atty can get a bond reduced pretty easily. However, when you find out the guy who lives 3 doors down is a convicted sex offender (sodomized 2 boys under 12) lives with his mother, you realize sometimes family stands behind family no matter what.

Could bond be reduced because he in turn, gave info on other individuals that are involved?

Possibly, but I have doubts. Generally, the negotiations are saved for plea deals, and not for something like bond lowering. The judge looks at factors like prior convictions, flight risk, etc. and can lower bond as he sees fit. Also, I'm sure the defendant knows full well whether he has family or friends willing to post bond for him. Its likely there is no one with the means or the desire to post bond for him, so I doubt he'd go all in on providing additional info for a bond that wouldn't be posted, no matter how much it's reduced.

Eta: I would think he'd save any negotiating power he may have for a leniency in sentencing and/or dropped/lowered charges.

ETA#2: JMO.

I am not sure family has the money to bail him out. And if I was Chessie, any spare penny I had would go toward finding BW.

I wouldn't think Chessie would, but maybe his family in TN. Maybe he or they own property and are trying to get it low enough to use the property for bond. Also, if there are other perps...they longer he is in there, the more likely he is to talk. If I were an accomplice, I'd try to get him out. I don't know if it's really true that the longer they sit in there, the more likely they will talk...but I have heard many people say that regarding other crimes.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1
snipped
MPD Cpl. Chris Levy said he couldn’t go into too much detail out of concern for the department’s investigative techniques, but Wood’s family reported her missing June 2 after she "packed her bags and walked out of the house” May 30.

All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,”
We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.
"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.
Snipped
BBM
well that is a little bit of info I was unaware of.

I wouldn't think Chessie would, but maybe his family in TN. Maybe he or they own property and are trying to get it low enough to use the property for bond. Also, if there are other perps...they longer he is in there, the more likely he is to talk. If I were an accomplice, I'd try to get him out. I don't know if it's really true that the longer they sit in there, the more likely they will talk...but I have heard many people say that regarding other crimes.
His address is to an apartment. I was guessing he didn't own property. FB posts said he was working in AL due to being laid off. That might make money another issue.

MOOhttps://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&aq=f&q=2420+Congress+Pkwy+S,+Athens,+TN+37303-2822&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885e3fd734526e75:0xdcf547e2ef93a561,2420+Congress+Pkwy+S,+Athens,+TN+37303&gl=us&ei=U-zpT6uNA-nO2gX2yMXcCA&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

His address is to an apartment. I was guessing he didn't own property. FB posts said he was working in AL due to being laid off. That might make money another issue.

MOOhttps://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&aq=f&q=2420+Congress+Pkwy+S,+Athens,+TN+37303-2822&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x885e3fd734526e75:0xdcf547e2ef93a561,2420+Congress+Pkwy+S,+Athens,+TN+37303&gl=us&ei=U-zpT6uNA-nO2gX2yMXcCA&ved=0CAUQ8gEwAA

Well, if he had an atty request a reduction there should be a reason for that. His bond was reduced by what 40%? It is not going to be reduced by much more than that if any. His attorney would know that. It would be pointless to have the attorney request it be lowered at all if there is NO possibility of anyone atleast trying to post the bond. I know people who have had friends, cousins, aunts, uncles, and/or grandparents put up THEIR property. So it is still possible he has someone out there that might atleast try.

http://classic.lagniappemobile.com/article.asp?articleID=5550&SID=1
snipped
MPD Cpl. Chris Levy said he couldn’t go into too much detail out of concern for the department’s investigative techniques, but Wood’s family reported her missing June 2 after she "packed her bags and walked out of the house” May 30.

All we reported to the family is that we had information through our investigation that puts [Wood] in the Grand Bay area or south Mobile County at or around same time [Holland] is committing suicide,”
We’ve got some incomplete answers,” he said, adding that the family did in fact hear from Brittney between the time she left her home and the time she was reported missing.
"That wasn’t originally reported. So there has been some back and forth. Some answers haven’t been entirely accurate,” Levy said.
Snipped
BBM
well that is a little bit of info I was unaware of.

Seriously! Why has there been so much flip flopping from the family as to the who/what/where/when/why that pertains to the last time she was known to have had contact with anyone, where she was, and the circumstances under which she left her mothers home? "packed her bags and left" makes it sound like she was leaving for good, not just an overnight stay with her friend or uncle or whatever the original story was.

ETA: I want to clarify that I'm NOT stating that the family is trying to cover something up, I'm just saying, it's a little frustrating. I'm sure even moreso for LE. They cannot run a proper investigation and find this poor girl without ALL of the facts.

With knowing Brittney's cell pinged from a tower by the truck stop, would she have willingly hitched a ride from a trucker or other passerby? Is she comfortable around older people or does she hang out more with kids her own age? Has Brittney ever had an ongoing relationship with an older guy, like maybe in his 20's while she was a teen?

I only know of boys around her own age. I've never gotten the impression that she would hitch with a stranger. But, anything could have happened that night.

Seriously! Why has there been so much flip flopping from the family as to the who/what/where/when/why that pertains to the last time she was known to have had contact with anyone, where she was, and the circumstances under which she left her mothers home? "packed her bags and left" makes it sound like she was leaving for good, not just an overnight stay with her friend or uncle or whatever the original story was.

thats what I thought too, I just wonder why these details weren't posted by others? It makes a big difference "her family has heard from her", also " they know she was in the area when DH committed suicide"? wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie