FL - Amanda Buckley, 18, raped & murdered, Palm Beach Gardens, 19 July 2007

I just listened to the 9-11 tape here.....
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/mplayer/audio/24510

I kind of feel sorry for the father of the boy, but in this 9-11 tape he says the girl was there yesterday, and supposedly sleeping in his son's room.....
Was she his girlfriend? Sooo Sad.....and does this guy look older than 26 to ya'll?
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/07/24/m1a_pbgmurder_0724.html

He's a drug offender, that always takes a toll on a person's body. I have a 26 year old son who looks like a babe compared to this guy.

He's a drug offender, that always takes a toll on a person's body. I have a 26 year old son who looks like a babe compared to this guy.

I thought drugs usually make you age much faster, hair falling out, teeth rotting, skin getting gray and wrinkly? I guess it depends on the type.

I am so sorry that this happened to Amanda.....

BUT.....there were previous victims who luckily were not killed. They were not believed because their stories were "inconsistent". The reason???? Because alcohol and drugs were involved....

It happens all to often in date rape cases or extreme cases such as this. This case has the opportunity to shine a national spotlight on this problem, and I hope it does. Our legal system allowed this death to happen and there needs to be outrage!!!

I have to say that I am on the side of the lawyer being a good idea in any case where LE is involved, but I do think that it was really bad judgment and timing to contact the Lawyer before calling 911. The one thing that I have noticed about the parents is that they obviously coddled him. I mean he is not a child. He is an adult, still living with Mom and Dad (Not that there is anything wrong with that in itself) but when I first read the story, one thing that really stood out is the fact that they went into his room to get his bedding. The fact that the parents wouldn't say, "do your own damn laundry", plus the other things that I have read, do not make the parents look good. They referred to him being a hemophiliac as a cause of his criminal behavior in the past, and that to me is completely absurd! I would almost think that someone being a hemophiliac would deter someone from dangerous risky behavior...

Anyway calling a lawyer before 911 just shows that the parents have some issues themselves.... If it were my child, I would go to the ends of the earth to protect them, but at some point logic steps in and should dictate the priority of certain actions.

I think the dad sounds just totally beside himself. I think his son probably told him that Amanda overdosed and died but I really wonder if the dad believes that. He is just repeating what his son told him to 911.

These parents might have been in denial about their son being a pervert but some part of the dad questioned that. He said that Amanda's car was in the drive and that he had seen her the day before and he thought she had slept the night before in his son's bedroom. His son was acting strange and kept locking his bedroom. The father had to have suspected something as he hadn't seen Amanda that day and her car was still there. Why would his son keep locking the door when he left the room if Amanda was in there. The dad decided to find out and found Amanda dead in the closet. He knew something wasn't right. By now the parents know that it was no drug overdose. That son had to have murdered Amanda right there in their home. If he duct taped her mouth she wouldn't have been able to make any noise.

I wonder why the parents hadn't asked where Amanda was? Her car was right there and they didn't see her that whole day. I'm snoopy. I would have asked where she was or why she was hanging out in the bedroom all day. To be honest, my 26 yr old son wouldn't be living at home and if he was he wouldn't be having 18 yr old girls spend the night. This guy even looks way older then 26 yrs. Amanda was a pretty girl with so much going for her. What in the world did she see in this creepy guy? He was a big nothing going nowhere. And living with mommy and daddy. Did he even work?

I would have called 911 first and if I thought of it my son could get an attorney to protect his rights but he darn well would tell what happened and it better be the truth. If my son murdered a girl after he raped her he could just wait for a court appointed attorney. It would be a cold day that I would hire an attorney for him. I've been in that girl's parents shoes and my son would be on his own.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: exactly!

i wonder if she knew about the previous charges for assualt and why would she go on a trip with him, what would she see in him, i dont get it! I didnt see anything that said he worked, but if he did spend alot on drugs, maybe thats why he's still with his parents(?)

Mom was so desperate to wash this grown man's sheets that Dad decided to break in to the bedroom to strip the bed? Pu-leeeze!

I think they both feared that something really bad had happened to the girl and they wanted to wash the sheets to get rid of evidence for their pervert son. The son must have known that his parents wouldn't interfere if they heard anything suspicious or else he would not have risked attacking her in their home. I don't care how much they cared for their son, a person would have to have a brain smaller than a pea to believe that a body covered in bruises and duct tape and hidden in a closet died from nothing but a drug overdose- especially since the son had a history of attacking women. Dad even tried to fudge the poor girl's age when he called the cops."18-19yrs old" he said, like murdering a 19yr old wasn't as bad as 18.

LE ought to arrest both parents as accomplices and hold 'em 'til they tell all they know. They knew that girl was in danger and they provided a private place for their son to indulge in his evil doings right in their own home.

Susan

I thought drugs usually make you age much faster, hair falling out, teeth rotting, skin getting gray and wrinkly? I guess it depends on the type.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. This guy looks much older than my 26 year old son, and I am attributing his drug abuse as the cause.

I just listened to the 9-11 tape here.....
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/mplayer/audio/24510

I kind of feel sorry for the father of the boy, but in this 9-11 tape he says the girl was there yesterday, and supposedly sleeping in his son's room.....
Was she his girlfriend? Sooo Sad.....and does this guy look older than 26 to ya'll?
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2007/07/24/m1a_pbgmurder_0724.html
From that photo, the guy looks 40 years old, to me. What a sad case for this young woman. I wonder how this guy lured this girl into his bedroom. I am assuming that she was pretty naive. I know that I was at that age. Okay, I'm old fashioned. No girl would be in my son's bedroom in my house for any length of time without me knocking on the door. No girl would be spending the night. If the girl's car was outside, I would be saying, "Where the hell is the girl and why is her car still in my driveway?" I would also add, as my father always said to us, "Get your friend out of here. I'm not running a flop house."

Were this my child, I'd not want him to get off on any type of technicality - bad enough having a child who kills. Having one do it again because I helped him get off on some technicality - that'd be worse! In this situation 'hurt' is a variable term - jail is not hurting them, freedom is hurting them, by letting them kill again.

Perhaps a parent would feel like this if they knew there son would be in prison and unable to hurt others, but feel very differently in a death penalty state when they knew that not only did one family lose a kid- but now thier son will be killed, too. It's a thought.

I know if I could trust my daughter would be held in a place to protect society, I'd let them take her - if I thought they'd take her to kill her - no way would they hear from me how to find her.

Perhaps a parent would feel like this if they knew there son would be in prison and unable to hurt others, but feel very differently in a death penalty state when they knew that not only did one family lose a kid- but now their son will be killed, too. It's a thought.

I know if I could trust my daughter would be held in a place to protect society, I'd let them take her - if I thought they'd take her to kill her - no way would they hear from me how to find her.
I couldn't do that - it'd be hard to let them have her - but still better than her killing another mother's daughter. I might delude myself that she'd be safe, but I hope I wouldn't. It's all about what goes around comes around. If you would let your daughter run free as a killer, some other mother might let their son run free as a killer, who kills your daughter. You can't condone the one while it is your daughter without condoning the other when it is her son.

I couldn't hide a killer - no matter how close they were to me, no matter the penalty to them. I'd love them, hope they got LWOP, be there for them on death row if need be - but not cover for them, not in any way.

That's the way I feel too, Details.

Oh, so now it's "blame the victim" time by the family? Why does the media need to report the victim's past skirmishes with LE?!

And this:
Dipadau (his girlfriend of 2 wks) said she spent the night of July 19 in Shenfeld's bedroom using Xanax, drinking wine and having sex. Unknown to her, Amanda's body apparently was in the closet in the same room.
==

:sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth