NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think he has guilty knowledge of what happened/what was happening to Zahra?

I do

(hit thanks if you think he had guilty knowledge)

ianal, but I think that will get him something when this is all said and done moo

Yes IMHO he knew that AB was abusing Zahra. (I believe she was abusing her physically and emotionally and through neglect even though we don't have LE confirming).

I'm not sure if it can be proven in court that he was aware of the level of abuse and anticipated her being murdered. KWIM? (not arguing that he didn't or couldn't---talking about if this goes to trial).

I'm looking for legalities not moral responsibilities. Things to take to trial at this point in time, just from how little we know. Speculating.

He'll face charges but I'm not sure what they will be if he didn't directly cause her death by his own actions or hands. KWIM?

Bah it's too early for this kind of speculation. LOL I'm just jumping the gun. I'm so eager for Zahra to come home and for these two to have their day in court already! Nevermind me. :)

26 threads and no Zahra?
Hard to believe.
I am always shocked when seemingly inept criminals can hold up so long against LE. I know I would collapse like a bad souffle as soon as I was led into one of those little interview chambers.

Just checking in from working. Anything new or is the news today they found the mattress at the landfill?

sorry froggin , did not see video?

Very good honest info and discussion on Levi tonight. :thumb: He had defense Attorney Holly Hughes and Detective/crime writer Stacy Dittrich on.

The fact that they are searching for mattress shows LE thinks she died in her room. Mattress is extremely important as could show how long Z laid there after death.

EB pointing fingers at AB. LE needs her to give some kind of evidence to go with her accusations or it's just a story. EB can't give up the body as that would point to her. So shes is out in a SUV leading them all over heck and back, trying to prove her stories with out hurting herself. Leading them on goose chase.

EB hasn't given anything worth while yet, thinks attorney is going to sit her down and make her understand that she needs to bring something big to the table to save her from the DP.

AB laughing on the 911 tape and claiming she is brooding is seriously disturbing considering the circumstances of her disappearance. Will effect jury in his own court case.

The way Z was treated before her death will also be heard by jury and taken into account.

Lots more but hard to keep up :treadmill: listening to it again...

ETA
Even if EB was the one who killed Z, AB can still be convicted of murder as a party to the crime.. Talked about a woman just executed who didn't kill her husband while the men who did lived. She was a part of it and they did the killing.

LE doing a great job swabbing everything they can get their hands on and keeping things close to the vest so nothing can be questioned in a court of law later on.

Thinks they could have a case against these two right now if they had to do it. The actions of both parents are very telling. Juries are full of parents and people who care a lot about kids especially those who have beat cancer twice and had a leg amputated.

I couldn't agree more! To me he is complicit by omission or failure to act, or do anything to protect his daughter - assuming EB is the one who actually took her life - starting with uprooting Zahra from her home, and medical care, in Australia for this woman. MOO

BBM

This happens all too often in these cases. Some single parent is so selfish and thinks with the wrong part of their body. I don't understand it at all. After my divorce, I was soooo paranoid about letting any man get too close to my children. I may have gone overboard, but I sure don't have any regrets!

Yes IMHO he knew that AB was abusing Zahra. (I believe she was abusing her physically and emotionally and through neglect even though we don't have LE confirming).

I'm not sure if it can be proven in court that he was aware of the level of abuse and anticipated her being murdered. KWIM? (not arguing that he didn't or couldn't---talking about if this goes to trial).

I'm looking for legalities not moral responsibilities. Things to take to trial at this point in time, just from how little we know. Speculating.

He'll face charges but I'm not sure what they will be if he didn't directly cause her death by his own actions or hands. KWIM?

Bah it's too early for this kind of speculation. LOL I'm just jumping the gun. I'm so eager for Zahra to come home and for these two to have their day in court already! Nevermind me. :)
BBM

You and me both! I don't think it's a leap to speculate about possible charges since it seems a given that one or both of these people are responsible for Zahra's death. After all, it is a homicide investigation. MOO

So, what if AB didn't do the actually killing, but knew of it and helped EB cover it up? What would be the charge?

tyvm frogin

It took forever to load but good coverage ty again.

So, what if AB didn't do the actually killing, but knew of it and helped EB cover it up? What would be the charge?

Accomplice? However if that's the scenario I think the same charges should apply to both, but that's just MOO.

I somehow missed that broadcast of nightline.

My prayers tonight are that LE will find everything they need tomorrow.....:praying:

:seeya:

Very good honest info and discussion on Levi tonight. :thumb: He had defense Attorney Holly Hughes and Detective/crime writer Stacy Dittrich on.

The fact that they are searching for mattress shows LE thinks she died in her room. Mattress is extremely important as could show how long Z laid there after death.

EB pointing fingers at AB. LE needs her to give some kind of evidence to go with her accusations or it's just a story. EB can't give up the body as that would point to her. So shes is out in a SUV leading them all over heck and back, trying to prove her stories with out hurting herself. Leading them on goose chase.

EB hasn't given anything worth while yet, thinks attorney is going to sit her down and make her understand that she needs to bring something big to the table to save her from the DP.

AB laughing on the 911 tape and claiming she is brooding is seriously disturbing considering the circumstances of her disappearance. Will effect jury in his own court case.

The way Z was treated before her death will also be heard by jury and taken into account.

Lots more but hard to keep up :treadmill: listening to it again...

ETA
Even if EB was the one who killed Z, AB can still be convicted of murder as a party to the crime.. Talked about a woman just executed who didn't kill her husband while the men who did lived. She was a part of it and they did the killing.
LE doing a great job swabbing everything they can get their hands on and keeping things close to the vest so nothing can be questioned in a court of law later on.

Thank you very much Mandy!

bolded respectfully by me. :)

In which state I wonder was that woman executed? And has NC had any cases similar if she wasn't from NC?

Each state does vary in sentencing IMHO.

kwmred: I'm not sure. We'd have to look at penal code. Neither one has been charged as of yet so it would be a fruitless search IMHO because we don't know the charges and can't look up those statutes. JMHO.

Accessory after the fact.
He is going to have a hell of a time showing it was after the fact.

And anyone that has read my ranting and raving posts when women/biomothers let their new boyfriends (and lord forbid decide to date a sex offender) stand by and let these "men" abuse their children knows I think the bystander parent should be charged with the identical crimes.

If that is the defacto standard for the get away driver of a bank robber that shoots the bank guard. I don't understand why it is a one shred less for a parent who lets some one harm their child and then claims innocence. Innocent my *advertiser censored*.

Makes me mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member