2011.05.09 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Aston is so relaxed that he's rocking his chair like a front porch rocker.

11l2y6c.jpg

They're bringing them in by groups at a time right? There can't be only 60 jurors to choose from?

Is there a reason why Judge Perry asked Casey if she was going to Plea?

I know-they were getting ready to play head shoulders knees and toes.

After today, verifying the next BIG one is May 17th?
The day we have all been waiting for!

They're bringing them in by groups at a time right? There can't be only 60 jurors to choose from?

There was a tweet that said 60 were coming in and it was only half? So a total of 120 jurors? I don't know if there's more or not. Dang, that is a lot of people, though!

Getting in late, can someone help me out and tell me if the Jury Consultant quit or not? TIA!

It was smarmy one up manship by the defense. Jeff was laughing about it.

Not necessarily true. Same thing happened in the trial I served jury duty in. I think it's to begin the significance of facing a group of her peers and showing respect for them.

COPIED FROM TWITTER THREAD

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13

Jurors are still being brought in. At this point there are about 60 jurors. We're about half way through. #CaseyAnthony -fell

Almost done...watch for notice of JUMP to SELECTION thread....

:seeya:

Better Clearwater than murky water. It's a good omen. :cow:

There was a tweet that said 60 were coming in and it was only half? So a total of 120 jurors? I don't know if there's more or not. Dang, that is a lot of people, though!

I was thinking more along the lines of 300-400 people?? I don't know why? 120 is a lot, but again, not really?? We'll see, I guess?

"Peers" are just fellow American citizens. Age, race, nor creed is allowed as a difference, we are in America, all are supposed to be viewed equally.

TY! I get what you're saying (IS just said most jurors appear to be "Caucasian" for what it's worth) but I still don't get how an elderly person is truly a 'peer' of someone in their 'early 20's'.

Well, if the jury consultant didn't quit, he must be phoning this one in, 'cause he is not in the courtroom.

While we wait--one more shout out for JA, who now has TWO major "firsts" under his belt: DNA, and the air sampling science! :great: He's gotta be feeling good today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie