*MERGED THREADS*GUILTY or NOT GUILTY? (Florida jury instructions added)

Casey Anthony is

• Guilty

Votes: 446 91.8%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 14 2.9%
  • Unable to reach a verdict

Votes: 26 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the site is correct. capital murder would include a death that occured during the commission of a felony, in this case aggravated child abuse.

it does NOT HAVE THE BE PREMEDITATED though it can be found to be, of course.

ETA guilty as charged - both of premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse IMHO

Oh I deleted my comment because I figured it out. I posted about Felony Murder in first degree. But there are two kinds. Oh how confusing you Americans are. :crazy: I've edited the post about a million times already lol.

Guilty of First Degree Murder, Aggravated Child abuse and 4 counts of lying to LE.
Life or Death makes no difference to me.

Guilty but I do not feel I have made the decision excluding all prior knowledge because I simply cannot say its unbiased.....hoping the jurors feel the same but I DO NOT think they will recommend the death penalty. MOO.

I think that after you hear the DT present their ridiculous version of events, as they try and blame it all on Roy Kronk and George, then you may see the light. Just sayin...lol

I'm keeping an open mind. :) Personally, I think she did it but I'm going by how I think I'd vote if I'd only heard the testimony given at trial up to this point. I hate to say I'm "looking forward" to seeing the defense's case, but it ought to be interesting.

Not what everyone wants to hear, I know, but at this point, I still don't think I could vote for first degree murder. Manslaughter, yes.

Not even First Degree Felony Murder - when the state does not have to prove a premeditated design or intent to kill?

Guilty of murder in the first degree, yes to the death penalty.

Can the poll be made public? :waitasec: I would be interested to see who voted for what.

Definitely GUILTY ....1st degree. Dr. G's testimony solidified my verdict. Funny thing is, if it was an accident or manslaughter, the staging to make it look like a murder, duct tape et al, seriously backfired. Oooops

I say Guilty. Still not 100% sure if it was premeditated or accidental.

*Just started following the case at trial*

Not even First Degree Felony Murder - when the state does not have to prove a premeditated design or intent to kill?

Honestly? Probably not. Even with all the other testimony, I still don't have a...err.. how do I say this? I can't say that I'm reasonably sure I know how she died, and with out being reasonably sure about that, how could I say that the actual homicide meets the elements of first degree murder, even under the felony murder rule? Hopefully that makes sense, even if you don't agree with it.

guilty and I waiver between felony and murder 1. I would need discussion to sway me one way or the other. i have to admit, her age would make me do LWOP instead of the DP.

Honestly? Probably not. Even with all the other testimony, I still don't have a...err.. how do I say this? I can't say that I'm reasonably sure I know how she died, and with out being reasonably sure about that, how could I say that the actual homicide meets the elements of first degree murder, even under the felony murder rule? Hopefully that makes sense, even if you don't agree with it.

No, I'm actually very interested in the ones that aren't convinced that Casey did it. I see you mentioned "elements", if you got that from my post, I'm sorry lol, it was first degree murder elements for first degree murder in another state. In Florida for first degree murder (I edited the first page), I'm positive that you only have to establish that a)the victim is dead b)the killing was a crime c)the defendant committed the crime. I don't think how exactly she died is one of the requirements for murder.

I might be wrong, so anyone else, feel free to chime in if you've got something to add.

the how isn't always explained...(think convictions with no body).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla