GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

Hmmm...very interesting that the gf he covered for was on Meth. Certainly has my curiosity piqued. Hopefully they will cover that in tomorrow's edition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A crew that specializes in cleaning drug-contaminated homes is at work in a South Dakota house where authorities say a 2-year-old girl was found dead in a closet while under the care of two people on a drug binge.

Traces of methamphetamine contaminate nearly every surface in the Yankton Sioux Housing Authority home where Taylor and Laurie Cournoyer lived, Santi-Kleen Environmental Solutions official Joe Newcomb told the media.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/69213/group/homepage/

I wish that I could have quoted this entire article because there are several good points in it. This is the best article I have seen yet on RieLee's death. IMHO

As a 2-year-old girl lay dead in the closet of a South Dakota home, another child invited two young neighbors over to take a look...

...According to police affidavits, Laurie Cournoyer had a difficult time recalling recent events and the last time she had seen the toddler. At one point when questioned about the exact time, she said, “Maybe it was yesterday, I don't know.” She could not recall who had placed the toddler in the closet.

When an investigator asked Taylor if the kids came in for supper on July 3, he said no. The family had “kind of roughed it this month” and “really didn't cook dinner” because most of their food was gone, he said, according to the affidavit.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/69192/

When an investigator asked Taylor if the kids came in for supper on July 3, he said no. The family had “kind of roughed it this month” and “really didn't cook dinner” because most of their food was gone, he said, according to the affidavit.

I'm bringing this portion of prior post forward. With 2 adults and however many kids they claimed in their household, their SNAP [food stamps/EBT] would be at least 400-600 dollars. To me, it seems that they may have been selling their SNAP to buy drugs or drug making products. I have to wonder, if it were any other family on the rez, not connected to leadership, would they have been investigated sooner. Also, there were places they could have gone to get food for the children, if they had legitimately used up the SNAP. IMHO

Sigh.....this feels like "it's not who you know, it's who knows you " with this poor baby girl.....it will be interesting to see how the state plays with this one....:(

"We've dealt with alcoholism, with cocaine, heroin, all these other things, but this meth has them all beat," Housing Authority official Karen Archambeau said. "It's horrible."

Santi-Kleen Environmental Solutions officials wearing body suits and breathing masks are teaching local workers how to properly clean meth houses.

"I think it is very important that this be done," Archambeau said. "We have a lot of little children that are being exposed to this terrible drug, and it's so terrible because our kids don't have a chance."

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/cr...cle_76c17e09-10f7-551e-b8ab-45e1dccdffb6.html

Jacie, it is so sad...when I purchased my home, I was given a paper to sign that verified that no meth had been manufactured in my home! It is an epidemic in this country! Just horrible that children are around the stuff, killed because people are high on it, and they are defenseless. It is said it numbs you of emotions, you don't feel hurt or down, until they are coming down from it...

I'm bringing this portion of prior post forward. With 2 adults and however many kids they claimed in their household, their SNAP [food stamps/EBT] would be at least 400-600 dollars. To me, it seems that they may have been selling their SNAP to buy drugs or drug making products. I have to wonder, if it were any other family on the rez, not connected to leadership, would they have been investigated sooner. Also, there were places they could have gone to get food for the children, if they had legitimately used up the SNAP. IMHO

:banghead::banghead::banghead:They didn't give a ****. Couldn't even feed the children they were given benefits for. $$$$$$$$$$$ for their meth. It always amazed me that people on meth who stay up for days at a time didn't busy themselves with making a bed, cleaning, or even going to buy food for their kids.

Nope, nope they start a "task" and fiddle with it for days on end.

Kids equal caching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Bless these poor children and the horror they endured.

A very informative read from people that purchased a house not far from me. Good lookouts. I believe this woman was instrumental in getting some kind of law passed. This isn't just happening in rural areas. What to check on when buying a new home.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-29/..._1_meth-lab-home-inspectors-drug-lab?_s=PM:US

Jacie, it is so sad...when I purchased my home, I was given a paper to sign that verified that no meth had been manufactured in my home! It is an epidemic in this country! Just horrible that children are around the stuff, killed because people are high on it, and they are defenseless. It is said it numbs you of emotions, you don't feel hurt or down, until they are coming down from it...

It's just my opinion but, when you have kids the focus has to be them. Checking out for even a few minutes is wrong, especially around young ones. Checking out for days is unacceptable.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:They didn't give a ****. Couldn't even feed the children they were given benefits for. $$$$$$$$$$$ for their meth. It always amazed me that people on meth who stay up for days at a time didn't busy themselves with making a bed, cleaning, or even going to buy food for their kids.

Nope, nope they start a "task" and fiddle with it for days on end.

Kids equal caching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Bless these poor children and the horror they endured.

A very informative read from people that purchased a house not far from me. Good lookouts. I believe this woman was instrumental in getting some kind of law passed. This isn't just happening in rural areas. What to check on when buying a new home.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-29/..._1_meth-lab-home-inspectors-drug-lab?_s=PM:US

Exactly, the money for food was given to them but the kids never ate. :banghead: I refused to go to my ex's sister's house; there was drug use, alcohol, cockroaches everywhere and no food for kids. The rez is rugged for adults, let alone young children.

Besides SNAP, there are 'commods', they require actual cooking, which many young women will not do.

http://www.nutrition.gov/food-assistance-programs/commodity-distribution-program

http://www.nutrition.gov/food-assistance-programs/food-distribution-indian-reservations-fdpir

Impacts of Child Maltreatment in Indian Country: Preserving the Seventh Generation through Policies, Programs, and Funding Streams

Delores Subia Bigfoot
Thomas Crofoot, MSW, PhD
Terry L. Cross, MSW, ACSW, LCSW
Kathleen Fox, PhD
Sarah Hicks, MSW
Linda Jones
Gordon Limb, PhD
John Red Horse, PhD
David Simmons, MSW
Jack Trope

[DOC]
Historical Factors Influencing Child Abuse and Neglect in Indian Country...

http://scholar.googleusercontent.co...nv7AXEJ:scholar.google.com/&hl=en&as_sdt=0,42

This is a long read but addresses the issue of chld abuse in Indian Country thoroughly.

Oh I agree with you 100% !!! Children are our future and every generation tries to do better by their kids than the previous generation did..that is how I was raised. My kids come first....and they are all young adults now, managing their lives in productive ways.

It's kids like Rielee that don't deserve what they are dealt! :banghead: And there are thousands more out there...

What about RieLee's rights????

Tweaker wants to not be charged? Really????

It seems, when you have a relative who is Tribal Chairman, that you think you are above the law. :no: IMHO

It infuriates me that there is an attempt to get off these charges because you were 'too high'. RieLee should be the important one here, no one else! Shame on them for mis-using this baby's death with a BS excuse. If you can't remember who put her in the closet or when she died, then sit in prison until you can remember.

APNewsBreak: Lawyer challenges death reporting law

The law "presents a defendant with the proverbial choice between `a rock and a hard place' - either incriminate herself or commit a crime for failing to do so," the memorandum in support of the motion says.

In a statement to The Associated Press, Swier said "essentially what the state has done is criminalized a citizen's right to remain silent."

According to police affidavits, Laurie Cournoyer had a difficult time recalling recent events and the last time she had seen the toddler. At one point when questioned about the exact time, she said, "Maybe it was yesterday, I don't know." She could not recall who had placed the toddler in the closet.

Attorney General Marty Jackley said he could not comment specifically on the motion until the state sees it.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/st...cle_7da6bb01-29a8-55a3-9d0b-5ccde74cb482.html

OMG I'm furious. What scum. Her and her lawyer. She had an obligation to care for that child when she agreed to do so. NO ONE forced her to watch RieLee. If I said half of the things I want to say about this pathetic excuse of a man and woman I would be banned from websleuths. I hope we don't see a judge more worried about a murdering tweakers rights than poor RieLee's LIFE.

Haven't seen an update while searching for RieLee online, anyone local see or hear any updates?

One of two adults arrested after a 2-year-old Wagner child was found dead in their home pleaded guilty to drug charges today, according to Attorney General Marty Jackley.

Under the plea agreement for 21-year-old Taylor Cournoyer, prosecutors will dismiss charges that he abused children in his home and failed to notify law enforcement that a child had died.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

An 11-year-old boy, who is related to Lovell and living in the Cournoyers’ home, was charged in connection with the death, but criminal proceeding for juveniles are not public.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/...?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home&nclick_check=1

charles-mix-courthouse-orange.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back