MA MA - Caleigh Harrison, 2, Rockport, 19 April 2012

I still can't get over this.

Mom expects toddlers to report in with her, not for her to keep an eye on them.

Mom leaves 2 and 4 year old alone next to the water for a few minutes.

Mom had already lost a 3 year child at the beach because they "left without telling her..."
I think most of us would have nearly had a heart attack over the FIRST time... and never let it happen again.

Mom takes surviving daughter to the beach while everyone holds a press conference about her missing/dead daughter.

I just don't understand it. I can't wrap my mind around it. I can't stand to think of Caleigh out there in the water.
How can her mother handle it? How can she look at that water? The SAME water? I just don't understand.

Looks like Caleigh's pants may have "washed up on shore" :(

Possibly planted? Caleigh's mother still raises my hinkey!

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/20073697/police-say-pants-found-on-beach-may-be-missing-toddlers

Justice...I know it sounds so hinky...being such a laid back parent..it is mind boggling.....

I do hope that these shredded pants are Caleigh's...as it at least it is physical evidence for them....they definitely look like they have been in the ocean for quite a while.

I have thought of Caleigh often and wondered if Sandy or the nor'easter would help out in her recovery. Looking at her pants reminds me of the remains of Caylee's tee shirt.
Both cases were so sad.

Attachments

• 20073697_BG2.jpg
    20073697_BG2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 92
  • 20073697_BG5.JPG
    20073697_BG5.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20073697_BG3.jpg
    20073697_BG3.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 74
I'm no expert, but the condition the pants are in does not indicate just being in the water to me. They look like they've been chewed on by marine life. However, it does say they were entangled in lobster traps, so I guess that could cause the shredded effect.
Planted? I don't think so, but what do I know?
Poor little sweetheart.

My heart sank when I saw the news :(....I think of that little girl so often. Although I am not understanding why the mom cannot make a definite identification on those pants,,,shredded or not...those pants have many distinguishing features...like the many buttons and pockets on the leg area....it is not your normal pair of say pink stretchy pants which every little girl owns.....so this has me confused some.

I could easily identify any item of clothing belonging to my own 3 year old daughter. That's saying a lot as I'm a bit of a shopoholic when it comes to her wardrobe. I buy the clothes, I wash the clothes and most days I pick out the clothes. Those pants have what look like detailed buttoned pockets. I'm sure she could recall buying, washing, folding, removing grass or pudding stains, buttoning those pockets, taking a doll shoe or hidden blueberry out of a pocket prior to washing, trying to find a top to pair with it, how easy or difficult they were to remove when changing a diaper or attempting to potty train... I find her inability to identify the pants mind blowing.

The tag is right there. Being unable to id them kind of surprises me too. Perhaps LE should ask her sister instead.

So sad. :( The ocean did that to her pants...I can't imagine what it's done to her poor little body.
I am so careful around water with my kids. Her family will pay for their carelessness for the rest of their lives.
I wonder what the surviving child said in interviews. I assume nothing of that sort has ever been released?

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/brea...ewed-search-for-Caleigh-planned-for-tomorrrow

November 13, 2012
By Marjorie Nesin
Staff Writer

Days after a tattered pair of pink children's pants — similar to the pair toddler Caleigh Harrison wore the day of her disappearance — was found on Gloucester's Good Harbor Beach, a group that promotes the awareness of cases involving missing children will be working with law enforcement officials and others in a renewed search for Caleigh on Wednesday.

Now seeing the pants (pics weren't released at the time I read this article) they do look authentically worn by the elements. Not that it can't be done manually...I don't know. I'm just saying that mom's behavior has always kind of seemed unexpected to me but I would imagine everyone mourns differently so I can't say it's anything more than a feeling I get from her. Im from the Rockport area, so I've watched a few interviews given by the parents. She just seemed...i don't know...like she was hiding somehting.

I know that chances are this poor little girl was just in the wrong place at the wrong time but these days, i've been tainted by so much evil going around, everyone is on my radar I guess..

I wonder what ever happened to the "mean guy with black shorts, facial hair & ciggarette" that "took her"? 4 year olds don't usually just completely make random things up in that kind of detail...so IMO either it was put in her head or something like it occured.

I'm no expert, but the condition the pants are in does not indicate just being in the water to me. They look like they've been chewed on by marine life. However, it does say they were entangled in lobster traps, so I guess that could cause the shredded effect.
Planted? I don't think so, but what do I know?
Poor little sweetheart.

Perhaps, she's in a state of denial. She can't accept the finality.

I am not simply suggesting she murdered Caleigh, i'm just saying...there has to be more to the story. Maybe she left them for a LOT longer than she led on. There's something though...

I wonder what the chances are of Caleigh's body washing up onto a beach now that her pants have been found? I guess I'm thinking about how both Laci and Conner Peterson washed up onto the shore about three months after her disappearance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back